• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 System Update 1.70 is Live

When hitting Option on a tile in the main menu, weren't "Close Application" and "Delete" very close together before (a terrible idea)? They're far apart now.

This!! I was complaining to my friends about this recently. Just checked. Thank god. I was so close to deleting a game once.

hawk2025

Things that are MUCH faster:

- The PS Store. Absurdly so.

- What's New section loading. Instantaneous for me now.

- Flipping through apps: MUCH faster

Overall, the improvement in speed has been pretty staggering.

Am I crazy, or am I seeing less compression? This was copied to USB.

iDqpvSw1auMvL.jpg

Looking good

Exporting videos will export the full size of the vid. No compression. :antoniogif

So basically it's a like a capture device, and as long as we get stills from the video it's all good for shots?

Worth the effort.

Fusebox

Banned
Can someone with an American accent try opening Crunchyroll and/or Hulu Plus apps using voice commands for me? Still no luck here but Netflix responds so intermittently it makes me wonder if I'm doing the others wrong.

~~Hasan~~

maybe i have a problem with my ps4 or is this normal ?

every time i update my system i keep hearing 2 or 3 clicking sounds coming from the system. i am not sure what is this clicking sound or where is it coming from.

kinda worried

RedAssedApe

Banned
uh oh my ps looks like its locked up. had live from ps open then tried to close my running thief game :\

now its just the ps background wallpaper with no other ui on the screen :\

every time i update my system i keep hearing 2 or 3 clicking sounds coming from the system. i am not sure what is this clicking sound or where is it coming from.

kinda worried

Pretty sure it's the system turning off and on again, mine makes the same noise it's fine.

My system restarted after the update but now it has been stuck with the blue pulsing light for like ten minutes. Anyone know if this is normal???
Same thing happened to me.

Put your finger on the power button for like 12 seconds until it beeps. It'll go into safe mode. Then you restart, then it will rebuild the database, then it will start up correctly.

I have no idea why, but I go through this on every update.

ILoveBish

I remote play'd in to do the ps4 upgrade to 1.70, worked fine. Then after it finished, i upgraded the vita to 3.15. Now remote play works badly and is choppy as heck, it was flawless till now. I'll turn everything off and mess with again later.

red731

What does this mean?

He means - "New patch and peoples PS4 are getting locked, oh lord"

I hope you will get it sorted by no other means than restarting the system. How is it now? Still blue? If that is so let sony know - call the customer support or begin hashtagps4updatelock on twitter.

The dimming isn't quite as dim as I'd have liked, but in terms of reflecting in my TV, it's a lot better than before. I'll take it. I'm glad they at least offered the option for dimming, since there was a time when I thought they weren't going to do anything to try to help people in that department.

By the way, anyone else feel like the "Medium" dim option is going to be used by zero people? Seems like people are pretty firmly either in the "don't care" camp or the "as dim as possible, please" camp.

I hope you will get it sorted by no other means than restarting the system. How is it now? Still blue? If that is so let sony know - call the customer support or begin hashtagps4updatelock on twitter.
It's annoying, but his system isn't bricked or anything. As I said before, I go through this every update.

Yeah it's still locked up. Thanks for the response. Goddammit!

Same thing happened to me.

Put your finger on the power button for like 12 seconds until it beeps. It'll go into safe mode. Then you restart, then it will rebuild the database, then it will start up correctly.

I have no idea why, but I go through this on every update.

I just saw your post. Thank you soooo much. I was bugging out lol.

FeiRR

Banned

kinda worried

That's the power supply switching on and off. You don't hear it in standby mode as it's still working. My PC does the same, it's perfectly normal and actually a good thing (physical separation of circuits, if I'm not mistaken).

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Exporting videos will export the full size of the vid. No compression. :antoniogif

The captured videos on your HDD are still highly compressed.

Donny

kinda worried
Probably expansion and contraction of plastic and components, or even wood due to heat.

Dio

Banned
I'm trying to get the PS4 working with a capture card since I've turned off HDCP. My 360's HDMI works just fine with this, so maybe it's just being wonky. I'll try messing with resolutions for a bit.

Kysen

So I just randomly decided to check the new screenshots/videos tab and wtf. Seems my PS4 has been recording constantly and dumping loads of 600mb files in 10min increments. Good thing I switched to a 1TB drive.

Top Bottom