• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 System Update 1.70 is Live

Reading about all those little improvements makes the update feel much better now, even if there are not many "big" features in it. :)

Things that are MUCH faster:

- The PS Store. Absurdly so.

- What's New section loading. Instantaneous for me now.

- Flipping through apps: MUCH faster

Overall, the improvement in speed has been pretty staggering.

If you got a PS Camera, try to use that for logging and see if that's faster as well!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Huzzah.

The controller rumbles slightly when you switch to GYRO pointing input for the on-screen keyboard now.

Real Name and Profile Pic Friends of Friends sharing option

14068930921_c612087a8e_o.png

Awesome.

Is there an option to allow real names to be shared automatically? They should allow that if they don't - or at least the profile pic

Yeah ShareFactory is AWESOME.

Going to be able to make some cool movies with that editing software.

Of course now that I can upload to USB I can't find any of my USB drives lmao. Oh well there is always tomorrow

tmespe

Man people are going to come up with some great vids with this share factory its pretty deep but also easy to shit out a half decent video for a laymen.

I'm hoping to see a lot of cool stuff coming out of it. I see a lot of potential for some awesome short films. I imagine watch dogs and Infamous SS could provide good source material for this.

Arklite

Boss★Moogle;110056492 said:
Tested SHARE Factory and uploaded a clip to Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuTLbjC66YE

You don't have to put that Intro and outro if you don't want to. They call them themes and apparently each game can have its own, there's one for Infamous Second Son already on there, but this is the basic PS4 one.

lmao, nice shot.

Well at least the controller isn't a flashlight anymore, though people with glossy televisions are still SOL.

tmespe

Boss★Moogle;110056492 said:
You don't have to put that Intro and outro if you don't want to. They call them themes and apparently each game can have its own, there's one for Infamous Second Son already on there, but this is the basic PS4 one.

Great. The more options the better.

I tested my external USB 3.0 SSD and it works but I'm not seeing USB 3.0 speeds.

Then again I think the bottleneck is the stock internal hard disk.

I'll do some benchmarks anyway. I'll report back in a few.

Took my 10mins to transfer 461MB to USB flash drive2.0. It wasn't even doing 1MB/s.

hawk2025

He's probably just gone to Twitch and hit any stream thinking every single person on the planet that uses the PS4 for streaming has updated it and is now streaming in 720p

...I certainly hope that's not the case.

Streamers also have to choose the highest quality. The default is "good", which is the old maximum.

Is it still not possible to quickly "trim" a captured video without initiating the upload process? For example, I have 10 Infamous: Second Son clips that I've captured. I want to quickly edit out parts of these videos. Previously, the only way to do this was to press the "share" button when watching the video, then trim it, then cancel out of uploading to Facebook. It would be nice to be able to trim videos quickly without having to initiate an upload.

Ellite25

Am I crazy or does holding down the PS button not allow you to access that menu to power down the system? I'm holding it down and nothing is happening.

Tratorn

So some people here said the OS is even faster now (loading what's new section / store / trophies), can some more people confirm this?

Top Bottom