• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 System Update 1.70 is Live

Been getting "online storage save cannot upload" error messages after this update, doesn't seem to cause any problems but really annoying when I power up the ps4 to see this everyday.

Same here man, I tried a suggestion which was to delete the saves from the online storage that are causing issues and it should fix itself, but I dunno if it actually does cause I just tried it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Been getting "online storage save cannot upload" error messages after this update, doesn't seem to cause any problems but really annoying when I power up the ps4 to see this everyday.

ended up turning off upload notifications because of this. seems to be occurring when the system is in standby

Same here man, I tried a suggestion which was to delete the saves from the online storage that are causing issues and it should fix itself, but I dunno if it actually does cause I just tried it.

Yea I read that suggestion also but it didn't fix for many, hopefully they release patch soon, this update has definitely screwed around with my ps4.

RedAssedApe

Banned
So dimming your lightbar does indeed disable vibration. Very annoying.

vibration works for me just fine on the dim setting. you sure you aren't just experiencing the already reported bug where vibration is disabled by default on boot and you have to toggle it off and then on again to get it working?

or are you saying having your ds4 set to dim is what's causing the bug?

Vire

Can't believe they haven't fixed this shit yet. Put out a hot patch for 1.71 and fix the cloud saves and vibration.

Ridiculous.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Any official word from Sony these issues? At least we want to know if the patch is in works. I assume everyone have this issue or handful of people?

Mengetsu

Can't believe they haven't fixed this shit yet. Put out a hot patch for 1.71 and fix the cloud saves and vibration.

Ridiculous.
At this point I think the fw update was done internally at Sony Japan compared to the previous updates. So I think this will take longer that usual to patch :/

Snickles

Anyone having any weird powering on issues since upgrading to 1.70 ?

Once I get my console to turn on it operates fine. The problem is I was have issues getting my ps4 to turn back on after powering it completely off or leaving it in standby. The console will flash blue for a second and them completely power itself down. I have only had this issue since the most recent FW upgrade.

The first few days after the update, I was able to get it to turn back on by removing all cables, unseating the hard drive, attempting to power on without the hard drive, shutting the system off, and then powering it back on with the hard drive inserted.

This method stopped working this afternoon and I finally called up Sony, who right away said they will ship my a return carton without any further questions asked.

This is the first console I have owned that has ever crapped out on me, and yes I even owned a launch 360 that still works to this day. The strange thing is one of my co-workers had the same issue with his system at launch and replaced his ps4 back in November. We both ordered from Amazon so I guess its possible my ps4 has been a ticking time bomb since launch.

Doombear

Really don't think this patch caused the cloud save issues as I have been having them since launch. I always assumed it had something to do with my network, or possibly the ps4 trying to upload before it actually connected to my network. Reason being... if I select the save and try again immediately, it ALWAYS uploads just fine. Just seems like some odd latency between start up and network connection/upload.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but they updated the What's New thing by consolidating multiple "recently played"s of the same game into one box.

It used to say:

[Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Check out what's new on PS+] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Preorder Watch Dogs] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Mike Works played FIFA 14]

Now it says:

[Mike Works played FIFA 14 ten times] [Check out what's new on PS+] [Preorder Watch Dogs]

JoshHood

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but they updated the What's New thing by consolidating multiple "recently played"s of the same game into one box.

It used to say:

[Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Check out what's new on PS+] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Preorder Watch Dogs] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Mike Works played FIFA 14] [Mike Works played FIFA 14]

Now it says:

[Mike Works played FIFA 14 ten times] [Check out what's new on PS+] [Preorder Watch Dogs]
Secret trophies actually show up as secret now too.

vibration works for me just fine on the dim setting. you sure you aren't just experiencing the already reported bug where vibration is disabled by default on boot and you have to toggle it off and then on again to get it working?

I can't speak for him, but as soon as I turn my light bar back to normal, vibration instantly works again.

Autofokus

I found a new 'feature' I think: Connecting a wireless Headset (I'm using the official wireless 2.0/Gold one) completely disables the controller speaker without the option to turn it back on (as long as the headset is connected).

Makes kinda sense, but with games like for example Killzone, you aren't able to hear the collectible audio logs at all. Nothing gets rerouted to the 'main' speakers.

pelican

Ridiculous.

Agreed. I'm not sure how these two problems have managed to slip through into the wild.

It isn't as if they rushed the release of the update with it coming out approx 6 weeks after the initial announcement.

pelican

need to have a beta program like xbone. plenty of people out there who would gladly do the beta testing for free

This makes sense to me.

Microsoft are on the ball when it comes to updating the system. I have no regrets buying both, but I do wish Sony would up the ante with the updates.

So I just went to save a video and the option wasn't there. I'd changed the setting to save last 5 minutes (because fast forwarding 15 minutes is annoying).

So I changed the settings to 10 minutes. Went back into the game. Played a bit. Pressed the Share button. Still nothing.

Changed it back to the default (15 minutes). Game, play, Share. Suddenly the option to save the video is there.

Grrr.

Can anyone still resume a download after it failing? I sometimes get a couple of failed downloads only for them to make me restart them...before firmware you could resume a failed download but this is no longer on the new fw

Shoeless

Has anyone else noticed any HDMI link issues firmware update? I only just realized that after 1.70, my TV (which is a Bravia) no longer recognizes the PS4 in Bravia Sync.

gl0w

i've had 0 issues with the usb sticks and external hard drives i've tried. someone mentioned that slowness might occur if you have multiple partitions? didn't bother testing myself though.

there is some bug where vibration is turned off by default at boot even if you have it set to on. you should be able to fix it by toggling vibration to off and then back to on.

Thanks for the tip buddy :)

I don't know anymore :(

Do I have to toggle that shit every single time I turn my PS4 on? Even from standby?

Carnby

Requesting opinions.

My PS4 loses signal to my HDTV randomly. Or it occasionally flashes white "static".

This all started after 1.70 went live. Has anyone else had this problem, or could it be an issue with my TV?

Requesting opinions.

My PS4 loses signal to my HDTV randomly. Or it occasionally flashes white "static".

This all started after 1.70 went live. Has anyone else had this problem, or could it be an issue with my TV?

Disable "deep color" in video/output settings and that should fix it, seems to be the common solution.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Don't know how I didn't notice this until today but Yay what's new feed bunches "played"notifications together now.

Actually...is this new? I am looking at my what's new feed and stuff didn't start getting bunched together like this until around 5/3

Sorry to bump this, but I thought this was the most appropriate thread. Is there any way to eliminate the popup notifications about recording blocked scenes? It's annoying as fuck.

Shin-Ra

Sorry to bump this, but I thought this was the most appropriate thread. Is there any way to eliminate the popup notifications about recording blocked scenes? It's annoying as fuck.
Open the SHARE menu, press the OPTIONS button and dig through the options, it's in there.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Has anyone else noticed any HDMI link issues firmware update? I only just realized that after 1.70, my TV (which is a Bravia) no longer recognizes the PS4 in Bravia Sync.

Not specifically since 1.70, I've been having issues with this all along. HDMI control will work for a while, and then the TV will simply stop recognizing the PS4. I've usually been able to temporarily fix it by switching inputs and messing with the settings (not sure exactly what the fix actually is), but after a while it invariably breaks again. The TV is a Bravia KDL-40W4000.

-Amon-

Not specifically since 1.70, I've been having issues with this all along. HDMI control will work for a while, and then the TV will simply stop recognizing the PS4. I've usually been able to temporarily fix it by switching inputs and messing with the settings (not sure exactly what the fix actually is), but after a while it invariably breaks again. The TV is a Bravia KDL-40W4000.

Wow we have the same tv and the same problem.

I disabled HDCP on the PS4, problem solved.

th4tguy

Anyone having issues putting their system into stanby mode? Since the update, when I try to put my system in standby, rarely it will pulse light blue and never turn orange. It will stay pulsing light blue (left it over night) until I unplug the system from the back. It doesn't respond to the power button being pressed or the controller button. Once it reboots, it's good. No other issues with the system.

It used to say:

Now it says:

It doesn't consolidate the tiles on my What's New tab. I still have 15 that say I've played Outlast.

I have the same issue. PS4 > Sony AVR > Bravia

It seems improved with 1.7, but still not as nice as the PS3. I expect it will continue to improve over time, just like it did on the PS3. For whatever reason, HDMI-CEC seems to be hard to get right. /shrug

So I just went to save a video and the option wasn't there. I'd changed the setting to save last 5 minutes (because fast forwarding 15 minutes is annoying).

So I changed the settings to 10 minutes. Went back into the game. Played a bit. Pressed the Share button. Still nothing.

Changed it back to the default (15 minutes). Game, play, Share. Suddenly the option to save the video is there.

Grrr.

i get this too, temporary workaround is to save a clip straight away when you boot up the game, say 2-5seconds. after that it should record normally.

MADGAME

Anyone having any weird powering on issues since upgrading to 1.70 ?

Once I get my console to turn on it operates fine. The problem is I was have issues getting my ps4 to turn back on after powering it completely off or leaving it in standby. The console will flash blue for a second and them completely power itself down. I have only had this issue since the most recent FW upgrade.

The first few days after the update, I was able to get it to turn back on by removing all cables, unseating the hard drive, attempting to power on without the hard drive, shutting the system off, and then powering it back on with the hard drive inserted.

This method stopped working this afternoon and I finally called up Sony, who right away said they will ship my a return carton without any further questions asked.

This is the first console I have owned that has ever crapped out on me, and yes I even owned a launch 360 that still works to this day. The strange thing is one of my co-workers had the same issue with his system at launch and replaced his ps4 back in November. We both ordered from Amazon so I guess its possible my ps4 has been a ticking time bomb since launch.

YES. After the update, when I power on my PS4 I get the blinking blue light. I have to hold the power button down to reset, then unplug, then it would boot. If I power down and attempt to turn on again, same thing. Yesterday, it would not turn on. Only beeping noise if I push the power or eject button.

Waiting on a coffin to send it in :(

The "uploaded game x failed" is a bit annoying, but prior to 1.70 I never had any updates telling me saves were being uploaded in the first place :D

I kept meaning to ask a while back, but can you tell me why pausing downloads is so important?

Like, so you can download, stop, go play some online game without the download messing up the bandwidth or what ?

I made a video of the 1.70 features that also shows off a lot of the lesser known options of the UI, like the ability to see a games update history. It's here.

The "uploaded game x failed" is a bit annoying, but prior to 1.70 I never had any updates telling me saves were being uploaded in the first place :D

I kept meaning to ask a while back, but can you tell me why pausing downloads is so important?

Like, so you can download, stop, go play some online game without the download messing up the bandwidth or what ?

I made a video of the 1.70 features that also shows off a lot of the lesser known options of the UI, like the ability to see a games update history. It's here.

Game update history has been there since launch.

Top Bottom