• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 System Update 1.70 is Live

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Large downloads not working for me. Things like EA NBA, Trials Fusion. Getting NW-31456-9 despite the fact most other downloads around 1.5gb and below work fine . EU PSN support advised a router update (why when it's worked fine since PS3/PS4 launch and 10gb downloads work fine on my PC) and manually imputing the DNS (which does not work either). I'm at a real loss here.

Danlord

As I understand, the PS4 is supposed to record the last 15 minutes of game footage automatically, and that depending on the option you choose you can either take a screenshot or access the 'Share' screen where you can upload video clip or screenshot, and that would also stop the previous 15 minutes recording and save that to the HDD, that was what happening to me Pre-1.70 and I was happy with it.

Come 1.70 as mentioned before I now have to give it a start point to start recording then when I Hold the Share button I then have to press a button to save that clip, which is incredibly backwards considering the ease of use from before the update.

I really hope 1.71 addresses this, I use it frequently and I understand the update was so large in scope that some things could get overlooked, but at the same time I wonder how things like these can slip through the cracks, with others not even getting noticed (no Pause Downloads) and such.

:/

Still happy with the update though, just this is concerning..

...Come 1.70 as mentioned before I now have to give it a start point to start recording then when I Hold the Share button I then have to press a button to save that clip, which is incredibly backwards considering the ease of use from before the update...

I've noticed this as well. I was playing Trials Fusion the other night and restarted like 15-20 times in a row midway through the same jump since I could tell I wasn't taking off correctly. Once I finished the run I realized how ridiculous that must've looked so I was going to try to make my first share factory video out of it...nope. Thanks 1.70. Nothing like an update that stealth removes features. Obviously it's an accident, but just ridiculous that it slipped through QA since it seems to be happening to enough people that it's not a tiny thing happening to a very small piece of the user base.

mitchman

Gold Member
I have no issues saving the last 15 minutes. Hit share and the square button, clip from the last 15 minutes is saved. But it seems clear that many confuse this sequence and Sony need to clarify it even further.

Iorv3th

Since 1.7 everytime I log in I get notifications about saves failing to upload. Didn't have the problem before. Tried deleting and manually uploading etc. Still get the notifications when returning from standby.

Number45

Since 1.7 everytime I log in I get notifications about saves failing to upload. Didn't have the problem before. Tried deleting and manually uploading etc. Still get the notifications when returning from standby.
I have this as well. If you go to the notification and hit X it will ask you if you want to overwrite the save. Seemed to work for me yesterday anyway.

I like that you have to press either square or triangle to save now. Before I could have tons of videos I didn't want because I just wanted to take a screenshot or the opposite. Now I just save what I want and so far I haven't had any problem with the share feature.

Danlord

I have no issues saving the last 15 minutes. Hit share and the square button, clip from the last 15 minutes is saved. But it seems clear that many confuse this sequence and Sony need to clarify it even further.

When I entered the Share screen when I noticed it is suddenly borked, it only had Triangle to save the screenshot, it didn't actually record the footage and thus no Square option to save the video and testing it out now without manually setting a start time doesn't work.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member

Oh so that's how you do it. I fired up Share Factory to mess around with my Child of Light footage and none of it was there.

Me too. Does anyone have a solution for this? I don't want to do it manually every time.

Danlord

I'm noticing when I turn on my PS4, Rayman Legends in the Saved Data Uploads has failed, and it tells me there's a network error but before that has disappeared I am logged into PSN so I don't know what's happening.

On the plus side, I did notice earlier today that I got an Update for Outlast for the Whistleblower DLC support, and it installed within a second. Usually updates take quite a bit longer so I don't know if that's to do with the new firmware or just a good, quick install by Outlast developers.

Theman2k

You need to hit share and square in the same time ?
Or just press share, and then square ?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Had this happen on a secondary PS4, had to turn off uploading to cloud. Reboot. Then re-enable it.

Danlord

Because previously you had to select the "share video" link for it to save, afair. People didn't get that. Better to make it explicit.

I didn't. When I would want to save the last 15 minutes of footage, I would just have to hold Share which would bring up the menu asking to Upload Video or Upload Screenshot and it was at this point it would save that footage and then create a new starting point from when I returned back to the game.

Theman2k

I didn't. When I would want to save the last 15 minutes of footage, I would just have to hold Share which would bring up the menu asking to Upload Video or Upload Screenshot and it was at this point it would save that footage and then create a new starting point from when I returned back to the game.

that's what I thought too.

Pimpwerx

I get this more often too. I also couldn't download cod ghosts demo last weekend. Kept doing the download in standby. 1.70 seems less stable to me. Maybe that's just confirmation bias. PEACE.

Kssio_Aug

For me its not even auto recording. I have to manually start it everytime I start a game.

Bugs and more bugs!! But the auto recording feature (one of my most expected features of PS4) never worked very well for me. First it wasnt saving full 15 minutes, and now (even before 1.70) it doesnt even record anything automatically anymore (and I heard it a lot, so I'm not the only one). And thats really stupid... MS did not even had this feratures announced, and besides now they only record about 5 minutes it seems that at least is working properly. Sony need to fix that with urge, its already taking TOO LONG!

mitchman

Gold Member
For me its not even auto recording. I have to manually start it everytime I start a game.

Bugs and more bugs!! But the auto recording feature (one of my most expected features of PS4) never worked very well for me. First it wasnt saving full 15 minutes, and now (even before 1.70) it doesnt even record anything automatically anymore (and I heard it a lot, so I'm not the only one). And thats really stupid... MS did not even had this feratures announced, and besides now they only record about 5 minutes it seems that at least is working properly. Sony need to fix that with urge, its already taking TOO LONG!

Do you save the recording by pressing Share, and then the square button?

Kssio_Aug

That depends, because if I do not start it manually at least once, then the square button prompt to save the video does not even appear (the triangle button to save the screenshots do appear). When it appears, I just press the share video window and it saves, the same way it would save pressing square.

So this update was supposed to add preloading for preordered games. I just preordered Wolfenstein off the psn store and it tells me I have to wait until midnight of the day of release to begin the download.

What gives?

Kssio_Aug

Im on my way to work now, but just before going out I double checked what you said, and actually it worked fine with inFamous SS. I started the game walked a little bit, pressed the share button and it gave me the option.

However, just after updating my console to 1.70 I tried exaclty the same while playing FFXIV and it gave me no option to save the video (the square button prompt did not show up), also nothing was recorded. I noticed after that, that if I set a start point after the first 15 minutes it would save the 1st video and start another one automatically... Maybe that solved the problem and I didnt noticed?

I will keep attention to it tonight while playing FFXIV again, and then I post here my new impressions!

b9aGifT.jpg

it's not confusing, shit is straight up broken and it has been for me since launch.

Metfanant

Care to explain this?

^^^^^^^

According to misterX and his minions Sony has basically paid off the media, and most specifically control the mods here at GAF and N4G to further a pro-Sony agenda and spread lies about MS...

Of course it's also the same place that claims MS has been releasing subpar multiplatform games and has been purposefully selling less consoles than Sony as part of a grand scheme to catch Sony off guard when they unveil the hidden hardware power of the Xbone...

mitchman

Gold Member
However, just after updating my console to 1.70 I tried exaclty the same while playing FFXIV and it gave me no option to save the video (the square button prompt did not show up), also nothing was recorded. I noticed after that, that if I set a start point after the first 15 minutes it would save the 1st video and start another one automatically... Maybe that solved the problem and I didnt noticed?

I will keep attention to it tonight while playing FFXIV again, and then I post here my new impressions!

There was no square button to save it pre-1.70, you had to select "Upload video" (or whatever it was called) for it to save.

^^^^^^^

According to misterX and his minions Sony has basically paid off the media, and most specifically control the mods here at GAF and N4G to further a pro-Sony agenda and spread lies about MS...

Of course it's also the same place that claims MS has been releasing subpar multiplatform games and has been purposefully selling less consoles than Sony as part of a grand scheme to catch Sony off guard when they unveil the hidden hardware power of the Xbone...

We have a comedian.

Kssio_Aug

it's not confusing, shit is straight up broken and it has been for me since launch.

Try something:
When you start a game set the record start point manually (double tap the share button), then let it recording until the end of the 15 minutes. It will save automatically (a notification will prompt). After that do any thing and press the share button to enter its menu and check if it will give you the option to save anything after the 1st record (with the square button).

If it works, get out of the game and try again, but this time without setting anything manually. Just play a bit and enter the share menu to check if it will give you the option to save what happened.

Im not really sure yet, but it seems to have worked for me!

Danlord

Try something:
When you start a game set the record start point manually (double tap the share button), then let it recording until the end of the 15 minutes. It will save automatically (a notification will prompt). After that do any thing and press the share button to enter its menu and check if it will give you the option to save anything after the 1st record (with the square button).

If it works, get out of the game and try again, but this time without setting anything manually. Just play a bit and enter the share menu to check if it will give you the option to save what happened.

So basically you have to manually start the 15 minute recording from the start of your gaming and then it should automatically record 15 minutes of footage from then?

Kssio_Aug

There was no square button to save it pre-1.70, you had to select "Upload video" (or whatever it was called) for it to save.
It wasnt showing me after the update the 1st time I tried. On the other hand, the triangle button to save the screenshot was there.

Thats why it seems to have something broken, im 100% sure of what Im saying. But it seems fixed for me now, after I did record it manually for entire 15 minutes (Ill check again with FFXIV tonight).

So basically you have to manually start the 15 minute recording from the start of your gaming and then it should automatically record 15 minutes of footage from then?

Yeah! Thats what happened to me. But thats not how it should be, there is something buggy really.

Kssio_Aug

About what they intend with that square button to save video is quite simple. Before it should save everything automatically from the last 15 minutes (occupying space on your HD). However it wasnt even working for some (it wasnt for me).

With that option to save with the square button it will only occupy your HD space if you really want to save that part (otherwise it will be erased). I think its better that way. But its still bugged somehow, and needing some fixing.

RedAssedApe

Banned
can barely read stream comments in full screen mode when stream quality is bad now. was it like before 1.70 (i.e. part of the streamed video instead of a separate ui element)? or do i just not remember correctly?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Thanks I'll give this a shot tonight.

Really weird that they didn't catch this in testing.

well they also let that ds4 vibration bug to slip through.

probably were testing on newer or higher end tvs that supported deep color. i've found that "auto" tv related settings often seem to be broken.

Try something:

this a workaround and not the feature Sony sold us. I have had about 50% success with recording without the suggestion you posted but I can go and try next time I play.

well they also let that ds4 vibration bug to slip through.

probably were testing on newer or higher end tvs that supported deep color.

maybe they should follow MS's lead and do public beta testing on these FW updates.

Top Bottom