• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Update 2.50 “Yukimura” Preview: Suspend/Resume and More

This seems kind of pointless when like 90% of trophies pop up after you beat a level and are in a loading screen or whatever. Not to mention the multiple trophies u get after beating a game and you're in the end credits. The vast majority of these auto-generated screenshots will be absolutely stupid and useless clutter.

i kind of agree....i mean, having a shot of the platinum popping wtihout needing to remember is cool. but when i heard about trophies and screenshots, i was thinking they were going to be updating the UI in the trophy "app" to make it more like xbone with pics and info for each trophy. oh well...

...also i heard on the bombcast they were saying that this update may bring about auto-trophy syncing in the background (ie. you don't have to wait for it to sync when you open the app or a trophy pops). were they just speculating on this or is that possibly a thing?

pager99

I think they got the big uns outta the way with shareplay and suspend resume that probably took alot of resources so next update after yuki I fully expect dlna folders video playback etc etc

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
655137-ky.png

Jonnax

Super Macho Man

Neo Member
As a new Vita owner, that remote play thing is pretty awesome. As is the trophy screenshot, which will be nice for those ultra rare ones and Plats. Sooner or later I'll be able to disable that light bar though.

kyser73

meh I never use rest mode so suspend and resume are meaningless to me... I want more than 15 squares for games and let me put them in the order I want... I wish they over lapped or something so you could have 30-50 tabs for games instead of 15

You can disable the option to only show 15 most recently used items in Settings, so you can see all your games in the order of most used.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not a fan of how they moved the PS Store icon from the top bar to the regular bar. PS Now being crammed into the UI is obnoxious too.

60 FPS on remote play sounds amazing. Great update coming, though I still hope they make a way to organize all your games into folders.

I just want my friends list and messages like they were on PS3.

Also add some dang avatars to the basic set, same set of crappy avatars since PS3 launch(and let us access the ones we already own).

Toki767

Not a fan of how they moved the PS Store icon from the top bar to the regular bar. PS Now being crammed into the UI is obnoxious too.

Yeah, that seems like a silly thing to do. It was great that it was in the top left corner because you knew where to go to find it whenever you want to browse the store.

v1lla21

I hope they implement online friends notifications. Hopefully I can make it so I only see some of my friends. Can I turn off when a friend joins a party? That shit is annoying especially when I have a good amount of friends and some of them fuckers keep getting I
In and out of a party.

And while we're at it, let me disable that "friends you might know" shit too. Its been the same unknown son of a bitch staring at me from the top of my friends list for what feels like decades now.

Or is that an option hidden somewhere I might have missed?

I'm happy for suspend/resume and 60fps shareplay though.

LOL

So true It keeps recommend me some random guys with real profile pics I didnt know

libregkd

I hope they implement online friends notifications. Hopefully I can make it so I only see some of my friends. Can I turn off when a friend joins a party? That shit is annoying especially when I have a good amount of friends and some of them fuckers keep getting I
In and out of a party.
You can already turn that off. Go to Notifications in the Settings menu and it'll give you a list of stuff you can turn on/off.

theDeeDubs

Glad suspend/resume is finally coming. Love the feature on XB1. I think the FB stuff will be neat too. I find some of the people you'd never picture as a gamer to surprisingly be one, so this could help me pad my friend list with some rl'ers. Shame that it won't include folders and library management options though.

_hekk05

Banned
So sony giving cool names to major updates is a thing now?

"We actually have update 3.0 ready to go, but there's a furious discussion in which Tanaka and Matsumoto disagree on what we should name the update. Let's schedule the update for next year while we debate some more."

firelogic

Yeah, that seems like a silly thing to do. It was great that it was in the top left corner because you knew where to go to find it whenever you want to browse the store.

Well now you know it's the left-most icon on the main bar. You can get to it even easier whenever you want to browse the store.

meppi

Backup was suppose to be part of v1.70 but they edited the blog post prior to release.

Hopefully it'll be included in this one.
I've already upgraded to a 1TB HDD, but that one is also just about full. Only reason it's not is because I have a bunch of games on my backlog that I haven't opened yet.
So I ordered a 2TB HDD this morning and would love to back up my old disc and restore it to the new one instead of having to download a ton of stuff again.

jordanw

Neo Member
Cool update, but I still think we should be expecting more than this considering how long it takes for Sony to push these out. If we got firmware updates on a monthly basis, these sort of features would be fine, but given that it's been months since 2.40, there's not an awful lot here... unless some features are still yet to be revealed, of course.

Nesther

If the PSN Store logo replaces the "What's New?" logo as the default one, that'd be useful, because I launch it so often. There's probably going to be two logos that remain on the first and second spot no matter what

Fisty

i kind of agree....i mean, having a shot of the platinum popping wtihout needing to remember is cool. but when i heard about trophies and screenshots, i was thinking they were going to be updating the UI in the trophy "app" to make it more like xbone with pics and info for each trophy. oh well...

...also i heard on the bombcast they were saying that this update may bring about auto-trophy syncing in the background (ie. you don't have to wait for it to sync when you open the app or a trophy pops). were they just speculating on this or is that possibly a thing?

they should have it where you can set the PS4 to record the previous 15 minutes after earning a specific trophy. Would be awesome in games with ridiculous killstreak trophies like BF has or super-difficult challenge rooms like i assume Arkham Knight will have

Bishop89

Only thing interesting is suspend /resume and 60fps remote play.

Next up psn Id change, as if that wasn't the most requested.

Top Bottom