• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Update 2.50 “Yukimura” Preview: Suspend/Resume and More

655137-ky.png
My man, loved yu yu hakusho.

kvn

So looking forward to this. And now since they'll get some huge stuff out of the way, they can hopefully focus on little but precious improvements such as folders and ui customization etc.

WoodWERD

i kind of agree....i mean, having a shot of the platinum popping wtihout needing to remember is cool. but when i heard about trophies and screenshots, i was thinking they were going to be updating the UI in the trophy "app" to make it more like xbone with pics and info for each trophy. oh well...

...also i heard on the bombcast they were saying that this update may bring about auto-trophy syncing in the background (ie. you don't have to wait for it to sync when you open the app or a trophy pops). were they just speculating on this or is that possibly a thing?

Background syncing would be a good start. The trophy system feels so clunky compared to x360. Hopefully it's more than screen shots and ability to delete games, otherwise meh.

h3ro

You can invert the colors in the settings now. I tried it, vomited, and then banished it straight to hell.

Inverted colors as an accessibility function.

Doesn't look like a theme but rather using one of the new accessibility options to invert the colors displayed on the screen.

Looks like an colour inversion (forgot the real name) of the original blue. I.e. an edited pic.

thanks fellas.

Hadn't looked at the icons. I'd love some more color/text options for the default Flow theme.

SerTapTap

Amazing update. I do hope this is the last "all the things" one though and they start belting out single features as they're ready

Saiyan-Rox

I really hope this auto screenshot isn't as annoying as the auto clips that the xbone takes. Or at least let me turn it off!

More Facebook shit again let me not use that also would it kill them to let me turn off the "people you may know" thing too?

Biker19

Banned
Suspend/Resume, which will be supported by nearly all PS4 titles, will create an atmosphere where your games are immediately available at any time — just pick up your DualShock 4 wireless controller, hit the PS button and get right back into the action of your games. When it’s time to log off, simply put your PS4 in Rest Mode and when you power up the next time, you’ll start your game where you left off. Spend less time getting into your games and more time playing them.

Cool, though Sony should've had this from Day One.

Trophy Improvements: We have received a ton of feedback to improve Trophies. In “Yukimura,” a screenshot will automatically be captured at the moment a Trophy is earned, making it easier than ever for you to share your greatest gaming moments with your friends. We’re also adding more sorting options along with the new ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion.

Game-Fucking-Changer... OMG I've wanted this forever... It's here! It's almost here!

DarkJC

I hope that Suspend / Resume took so long because they were making sure it was flawless. Nothing will be more annoying than if the feature is flaky, and games sometimes crash or whatever when you attempt to resume them, or fail to suspend properly.

Logash

I looked through my trophy list and saw an alarming amount of 0%s and suddenly I am annoyed by them lol. They'll be gone soon though :)

Jomjom

Banned
Probably referring to online-only titles.

It actually partially works for ffxiv which is awesome. I came back from suspend and didn't have to go through all of the log in process as again.

Also that ability to delete 0% trophy lists instead of just hiding them works perfectly. Gets deleted immediately, no loading or syncing.

neoism

Isn't that a setting that you can already change where it won't limit it to only 15? Not on my PS4 at the moment but pretty sure it's possible? Maybe someone here knows better than me on exactly how.

Edit: From 2.0 update notes:
"The number of content items displayed in the content area has been changed. Content items that are not displayed can be reviewed in (Library). You can review all content items in the content area by removing the checkmark from [Limit Number of Content Items on Home Screen] in Share Play (Settings) > [System].
"

well slap meh face D:

Top Bottom