• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Update 2.50 “Yukimura” Preview: Suspend/Resume and More

That's probably why they are Beta testing it this time

Excellent point. They beta tested driveclub too though.

That said, I'm not trying to be negative. I really hope that they did this right and it is clean right from the get go. I love my PlayStation but they struggle with this stuff for some reason.

8lQA5bf.png

Hahaha.

Trophy Improvements: We have received a ton of feedback to improve Trophies. In “Yukimura,” a screenshot will automatically be captured at the moment a Trophy is earned, making it easier than ever for you to share your greatest gaming moments with your friends. We’re also adding more sorting options along with the new ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion.

crying_dolphin_rainbow.gif

Thank you based Yoshida!

Xenus

And now we NEED a PS Vita 3000 with L2+R2.

And bring back the OLED...

Excellent point. They beta tested driveclub too though.

That said, I'm not trying to be negative. I really hope that they did this right and it is clean right from the get go. I love my PlayStation but they struggle with this stuff for some reason.

Yeah but software updates bugs are more likely to be caught in a beta test then server code bugs.

SerTapTap

Wow amazing update. Remote play at 60fps, I really hope this also removes some lag.

It'll basically remove 16ms of display lag on 60 FPS games that used to be rendered on 30 FPS. Not sure it'll help 30 FPS (they seemed to play fine for me anyway), I guess it depends how well the screen refreshes are synced

WinFonda

Sub-account to Master account Upgrade: Users with a sub-account will now be able to upgrade to a master account directly from their PS4 when they turn 18, removing restrictions for chat, enabling users to fund their own wallet, make purchases and more. Currently, users can upgrade their sub-accounts online at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.

oh yesssss! they heard our prayers! this is a big deal for me!

So am I the only one excited that you can fiddle with the fonts and such? This is a great update, hope there are more features we don't know about yet

Dynomutt

And now we NEED a PS Vita 3000 with L2+R2.

As much as I would like that….No. I love the Vita and it has plenty of life left, just ride it into the sunset. That is a investment Sony should definitely not make at this time. Both, financially and sales,demand wise. Why waste money going against the new 3DSXL. Focus on PS4, Games, and Infrastructure/Services.

Hopefully at some time down the road the remote play app is revamped to officially support Android and IOS.

Cartman86

Banned
60 fps can't require a specific connection can it? I mean this is still local play that at some point has to go through at most a 2.4 ghz Wireless N if you are using a Vita. It has to just be a software update that either lowers the video quality or has some better optimization right?

Yoday

I will be really disappointed if they don't add folders in this update!
I think you're going to be really disappointed.

I honestly wouldn't expect folders anytime soon, if ever. Folders just don't make any sense at all for the current UI. They just need more content management and sorting options in the Library such as hiding items, settings items as favorites, and pinning to the content bar.

IvorB

More like who's the brave one who will try out the update itself? Sony's track record for releasing stable updates is spotty at best. I think I will leave my ps4 off until gaf gives the all clear.

Yeah considering how bugged rest mode was I think I will stay clear of suspend/resume for a good long while.

aaronwt

It's about time they implement suspend/resume. I use it all the time with my Xbox Ones. And have really missed it on my PS4.

Wow now this is a nice update! :D Would anyone know if Wireless N would be enough for 60fps Remote Play via the Vita or do I need a AC router? :/

reKon

Banned
Wow now this is a nice update! :D Would anyone know if Wireless N would be enough for 60fps Remote Play via the Vita or do I need a AC router? :/

Wireless N should be good. You can just get a good dual band router and connect on 5 ghz.

EDIT: I'm not sure if Vita supports 5ghz..

spwolf

60 fps can't require a specific connection can it? I mean this is still local play that at some point has to go through at most a 2.4 ghz Wireless N if you are using a Vita. It has to just be a software update that either lowers the video quality or has some better optimization right?

thats only for streaming it outside your lan... It probably takes up 6-8 Mbs max.

Facebook Friend Search: Gamers globally have jumped into PS4 as a redefined social gaming experience and connecting with friends over the network is a huge part of what makes the PS4 community so special. PlayStation now lets you go even bigger by connecting with your Facebook friends on PS4 using your linked account. Search for Facebook friends who are PlayStation Network members and build on the foundation of Friends you already have in your list.
Great feature, I realised that I have no idea which of my friends even has a PS4 outside of close friends.

Marc

Yeah, that is all well and good, but how stable will it be?

60fps remote play is good though, none of this on my list of wants but hey... something.

crinale

It looks like recording stops at 60fps remote play so it must be the way to utilized PS4 streaming chip, not the Vita (or other devices) side.
By halting the recording streaming chip can devote more power to pure streaming purpose.

Seems like DLNA is coming soon as well (just not in this update)

FINALLLLY

Whoa, where did you see that?

Top Bottom