• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you guys are insane lol every time I check in doubled in size, I'll keep sending out as many tweets as I can but with work and school I don't have too much time, still every little bit helps.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Dat press coverage... :O

And in re speaking with your wallet: not buying an Xbone or PS4 will do as much to prevent DRM as being a vegetarian does to save cows. If you want to send a message use twitter; so much we should at least be able to conclude from all of this.

This complete BS if core games don't buy these at launch they will tank. Consumers have in the past used their wallets to get things done. I am glad people did not have this attitude when they tried to shove divx down peoples throats. Core gamer spoke with their wallets for the Wii:U launch seemed to work pretty damn well to me. The core gamers also spoke with wallet during the PS3 launch and it seemed to put Sony's ass back in gear. The casuals are not going to spend 400 dollars on these machines day 1. It will be core gamers who will carry them at first if we speak with wallets like we did Wii:U/PS3 I bet that DRM is stripped damn fast.

Not bad.

smlw4gC.png

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I tweeted Eventhubs and Shoryuken regarding how this could potentially impact the Fighting Game Community and tournaments.

@shoryukendotcom
@eventhubscom

It's worth a shot. If they write a quick article on their sites, it'll get a lot of hits.

I tweeted Eventhubs and Shoryuken regarding how this could potentially impact the Fighting Game Community and tournaments.

@shoryukendotcom
@eventhubscom

It's worth a shot. If they write a quick article on their sites, it'll get a lot of hits.

That's a good idea. Hopefully they'll hop on board.

Whatever happens I think gaffers can be proud of eachother for what we have accomplished so far. No one thought it would become this big when we started.

Mad respect to famous for starting all this.

Stuart444

@shoryukendotcom
@eventhubscom

Yeah, I saw the tweets, good idea. The more communities the better. We have to show a united front (or as close to it as possible. A Majority front :p )

Angry Fork

The "don't waste your time complaining, speak with your wallet" argument is disheartening. Maybe this campaign won't ultimately do anything but it definitely won't hurt and it's the only thing we as consumers can do prelaunch to try and prevent this from happening.

Lazy, judgmental assholes bring up the don't waste your time, not gonna work bs. They should be ignored all the time.

It's true that writing a bunch of actual letters would likely do more, but that hasn't been part of the campaign.

Duster

Are there any high profile devs/journalists who HAVEN'T at least chimed in about #PS4NoDRM one way or another?

I have a doctors appointment right now but if someone wants to make a list, I'll make a new page for it on the website when I get back.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Contemplating a thread title change to reflect the OP and get more people coming in. Quick thoughts?

"Are Sony/Ms listening? Let them know... #PS4NoDRM #PS4USEDGAMES "

I'll take suggestions as well. Honestly, the more the merrier.

Looks fine to me. Most people don't know that the MS info has been rolled into this thread.

Contemplating a thread title change to reflect the OP and get more people coming in. Quick thoughts?

That, or make a logo...

*cough*

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Well, since the #PS4DRM tag has kinda taken off, maybe we could replace #PS4USEDGAMES with #XBoxOneNoDRM. It really is in the best interests of everyone for both consoles to change their minds.

Modus, we discussed it earlier today. It's better to keep the focus on Sony because we have information that they are wavering. Targeting Sony, who seem much less remote than MS, will get the message through to them. If Sony change their policy and keep third party support then MS will have to fall in line.

Keeping the campaign focussed on a single company gives us a better chance of success.

However, it's up to you really.

If adding MS, don't forget to add the fitting hashtag too.

My only issue with that is that microsoft has made it pretty clear that they aren't changing for hell or high water. They have also made it clear that they value the users connected to live more than the users offline. Its also very hard to change a position once you have revealed you hand to the public.

I honestly thinking changing the title and including the microsoft stuff is watering down the message.

My only isseue with that is that microsoft has made it pretty clear that they rent changing for hell or high water. They have also made it clear that they value the users connected to live more than the users offline.

I honestly thinking changing the title and including the microsoft stuff is watering down the message.

Also this. We're doing this because Sony is possibly the decision maker at this point.
But the message should get across anyway.

My take is, we accomplished our goal.

Is Sony listening? Hell yes. We made sure gaming media across the globe heard us too, along with publishers and other hustlers with higher up connections. So we accomplished our goal AND more. The question is, what's the next step after creating awareness? I think we should focus on that. To keep this train going we need a new campaign. I'm not suggesting anything stupid like camping infront of EA headquarters or holding public rallies. I'm just not well versed in online campaigns.

Sounds good. I have already tweeted everyone on both sides

Modus, we discussed it earlier today. It's better to keep the focus on Sony because we have information that they are wavering. Targeting Sony, who seem much less remote than MS, will get the message through to them. If Sony change their policy and keep third party support then MS will have to fall in line.

Keeping the campaign focussed on a single company gives us a better chance of success.

However, it's up to you really.

Definitely agree with this. Respect the decision to change the title, though.

Jarek23

Banned
I did my part, even tweeted it to Nolan North. He may only be a voice actor but he's in so many games and even though he has absolutely no say in the matter and perhaps doesn't even care, everyone knows him and he knows nearly everyone in the games industry.

Certainly doesn't hurt is what I'm trying to say.

Eliciel

This is the first step and I totally agree with your suggestion. Maybe better Microsoft rather than MS?

Maybe also something more "catchy" and quite provocative...'cause it keeps the people going like: "Are Sony/Microsoft listening? We decide. Let them know...#PS4NoDRM #PS4USEDGAMES "

Baller said:
That, or make a logo...
*cough*

I agree 100%. Here is a quick and dirty + provocative first try.

I am NOT talented and I'm not pretending to be talented. Please someone takes this serious and do us a favour: We need a symbol ..we need a logo.

Shahed

I'd say go for it. Spreading it wider would be better for gamers everywhere if it works.

But at the same time part of me wants to satisfy my own curiosity. I would like to see the end result if Xbox One and PS4 went with different strategies. If the former had DRM, and the latter didn't, what would be the end result? Will consumers actually care? Where would publishers make more money? It would end the used game debate once and for all, and I kind of want confirmation one way or the other how used games affect the industry.

But ultimately I'd rather neither had this DRM :p

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Done and done. Hopefully this will spread, and get picked up by some more sites.

Good!

I have been thinking on and off through the day about possibly re-working the open letter i wrote to pitch MS also, but it's fairly honed in on Sony's circumstances and tries to tickle their competitive instincts a bit. I also worry a bit about possibly having another one or two calls to action, and also now that it's been copied to other places and it might be weird if people see changing versions. But I might figure something out. Or if someone does something similar aimed at Xbox I'd be happy to link it too.

I tweeted this To @Playstation, an open letter: ps4nodrm.com @philrosenberg @amboyes @yosp @nikoro #PS4NoDRM #PS4UsedGames

and this

Dear Publishers: ps4nodrm.com @erichirshberg @petermooreEA @EA @Kristian66 @Ubisoft #PS4NoDRM #PS4UsedGames

My twitter acount got blocked for spamming?

Eliciel

I'm not sure about the title change, but as long as we keep pressure on Sony through the media it shouldn't matter too much.

As consumer you need to make a threat and then keep the promise you made. Otherwise things won't change. They think we are stupid and that we don't have enough willpower not buying their console. We have to prove otherwise and show them that we are NOT idiots.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Don't change the hashtags. You guys are going to fragment this shit worse than Android OEM's! Keep the focus on Sony.

Yeah, I would be worried about that too. But if new folks start stuff, and it can be promoted, i think it would be additive rather than cannibalise things.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I think it would be better for all of us to shift away from Sony/MS and focus tweeting efforts and other means towards big wigs at 3rd parties.

I know it's been said earlier in the thread but they are major stakeholders in this. If we can get a rallied effort to reach a few board members at EA/Ubi/Capcom/ect.. Our message will be even stronger.

Look at it this way--you get more holdouts from the Xbox side of things involved, rather than rolling over to take it, so to speak. Being more inclusive and getting everyone in the community involved should be a focus here, so it's not the same voices repeating themselves.

I can dig that. :)

I tweeted this To @Playstation, an open letter: ps4nodrm.com @philrosenberg @amboyes @yosp @nikoro #PS4NoDRM #PS4UsedGames

and this

Dear Publishers: ps4nodrm.com @erichirshberg @petermooreEA @EA @Kristian66 @Ubisoft #PS4NoDRM #PS4UsedGames

Just enter the captcha to unlock it.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward

and this

How old or active is your twitter account? Were these your first tweets about it?

MogCakes

As consumer you need to make a threat and then keep the promise you made. Otherwise things won't change. They think we are stupid and that we don't have enough willpower not buying their console. We have to prove otherwise and show them that we are NOT idiots.
I was referring to the title change for the thread not mattering too much so long as we keep the focus and pressure on Sony, not that keeping pressure on Sony doesn't matter.

Gartooth

I'm on my phone due to a vacation and won't be home for a while, but fuck it. Just made a twitter account to support used games and no DRM, you inspired me GAF!

Now I'm torn. On one side we want as much support and involvement from people as possible. On the other side this was mainly targeted at Sony, because they're on the leveler now. The whole move is now centered at Sony and the whole media coverage is about Sony. MS' position was more or less clear on this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom