• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Nick from Rev3 clued me into why the hashtag may not be so big in Japan...

bEFimMS.png

This is hilarious..PS4usedgames should have been the thing we focused on in my opinion..

What if Sony comes out and says, "It's up to each publisher if DRM will be used, but our first party titles will be not be implimenting DRM."

I think that's the best that's coming from this honestly.

Yup, this is what I'm expecting as well. Yoshida already said this after the reveal but not as direct as this.

Pubs like EA who already have a structure in place (origin) will have no issues authenticating games on ps4.

Theorizing (more like wishful thinking) I hope other pubs will feel they'll get enough of their cut of used games on xbox one, and don't feel it's worth the hassle & cost to do constant checks & their own buyback program/passes .

Mik2121

To be fair, that's if you just translate no to の instead of いいえ (which means 'no'). I'm not sure any Japanese person that knows English and Japanese would translate it to the particle の instead of the word いいえ.

But I don't know, that's just a guess. I don't know any Japanese people that can help :(
As you said, nobody in Japan that knows English would ever translate it like that.
Also, even if they did they would still understand what we mean just by checking the tweets themselves so it could be read as "SonysDRM" as in the topic of the issue itself.

So yeah, no worries really...

Well....opps? >_>

Nah. I only lived in Japan for a couple of years but from what I could tell the average person, especially social media savvy, understand what the English word "no" means. They aren't going to be confused by it at all.

Besides, even if it was PS4 no DRM in romaji, it still kind of works toward the goal of getting the message across.

falconzss

Wrote a tweet to @ChristianStoecker about his opinion on our twitter campaign and if he's interested in publishing an article on Spiegel.de about it.
Not sure if he will even answer but at least I tried.

Just did my part.

Social media is incredible, I would have never suspected that such a campaign could be initiated and have grown so much in a matter of days.

Amatsu

Neo Member
I just sent a tweet to @daraobriain, on top of the others I've sent:

@daraobriain Hi Dara, may I have a RT supporting no DRM on the Playstation 4? #Neogaf #PS4noDRM #PS4USEDGAMES http://ow.ly/lqjLD

I think my previous post about him may have gotten lost in the shuffle. He has quite a lot of followers.

Gold Member
Was out for a few hours and just caught upon the 20 pages I missed lol.

To the guys talking about the BBC - I tweeted earlier, but I also recently noticed that my iPad app has a send story link, so I used it to tell them about it.

For those that are interested here is the link to their submit story page on the main site...

BBC News

Woffls

Perfect outcome.
Yup, then we can continue to make a point by not buying EA games. If the release Mirror's Edge 2 i might be a little conflicted, though....

But serious, if that happens it will be ideal because we can be more direct with publishers and not buy their games.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Tweeted a couple tonight. I think I may focus on writing some stories for the Tumblr page. My writing on GAF and Twitter is poor but when I sit down and focus I'm a much better writer and feel like I'm of more use doing that since I always feel bad flooding people's Twitter feeds myself.

Woah! Good to see its getting some really good press coverage. Have any anti DRM groups picked up on it at all?

If not...Would it be worthwhile to get any involved or alerting them to the campaign? http://www.defectivebydesign.org/ had a campaign to send Nintendo bricks in protest against Nintendo 3DS DRM, if i was good with words i'd of popped off an email to them already, if only to get something mentioned in their blog section. Are there other anti-DRM groups that might be worth contacting? http://www.openrightsgroup.org/ perhaps? although its UK based and mostly privacy they do have a DRM section on their wiki page

Kane1345

Just wanted to say to anyone not a member here but following this thread and supporting us, thank you and keep going :)

Now its nearly bloody 1am in the UK im going bed. Over to you US gaf, get that CNN!

Just had this comment on the website:

bEOtR1Y.png

So, it is resolved: when specifically targeting Japanese individuals/devs, let's use the hash tag #PS4DRM反対. Hopefully we can get some momentum going over there and have a Japanese counterpart pick up the torch. USA and Europe are one thing, but Japan probably needs a dedicated "organization" of its own.

#PS4DRM反対

TheLight

bEOtR1Y.png

So, it is resolved: when specifically targeting Japanese individuals/devs, let's use the hash tag #PS4DRM反対. Hopefully we can get some momentum going over there and have a Japanese counterpart pick up the torch. USA and Europe are one thing, but Japan probably needs a dedicated "organization" of its own.

#PS4DRM反対
Yes we need to form an alliance.

Boke1879

bEOtR1Y.png

#PS4DRM反対

Lets get to it guys

Salaadin

bEOtR1Y.png

#PS4DRM反対

Can Japan-Gaf confirm that is an ok hashtag to use?

Stuart444

#PS4DRM反対

Had to look up the Kanji, it means opposite, resistance, etc so that makes sense I guess though I believe they would understand the original hashtags but with some japanese in the hashtag, it might help include more Japanese would anyway.

So yeah, I'll send out a tweet with that + the other hashtags together. Just to link them :)

Boke1879

#PS4DRM反対

Had to look up the Kanji, it means opposite, resistance, etc so that makes sense I guess though I believe they would understand the original hashtags but with some japanese in the hashtag, it might help include more Japanese would anyway.

So yeah, I'll send out a tweet with that + the other hashtags together. Just to link them :)

post your tweet back here and I'll do the same.

Stuart444

I wasn't sure what to post so I just said:

ps4nodrm.com #PS4DRM反対 #PS4NoDRM #PS4USEDGAMES

Figured the site would be the best thing to post, maybe some JP guys can google translate it and try to understand it assuming they see it XD.

edit: if anyone is curious as to what the Kanji is in romaji, it's hantai/はんたい.

Boke1879

I wasn't sure what to post so I just said:

Figured the site would be the best thing to post, maybe some JP guys can google translate it and try to understand it assuming they see it XD.

edit: if anyone is curious as to what the Kanji is in romaji, it's hantai/はんたい.

And you tweeted this to those JP accounts right? Will get on this now.

Stuart444

And you tweeted this to those JP accounts right? Will get on this now.

Haha, I didn't but go on and do that. I was just getting the hashtag started for people :)

I might send the hashtag to some Japanese twitter accounts tomorrow when I'm more awake (it's just after 1am here, but I can't head to bed for another 2 hours :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom