• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not add the tumblr link on the homepage?

Good idea. I ended up just adding links to the tumbr on the "footer" of every page.

I could really use some help from someone with CSS/web design experience... I'm trying to change the link colors in the footer from the template's default but I can't figure out how to do it. I was somehow able to do it for body links, but not foot links.

Thanks...

I don't want to sound greedy or petulant but it's bizarre that this has been picked up by sites all over the world but Joystiq and IGN haven't touched it.

Why them?

baekshi

Banned
since we are linking japanese to PS4NoDRM.com

shouldn't there be a translation of a page? or are we just linking people that know english?

I don't want to sound greedy or petulant but it's bizarre that this has been picked up by sites all over the world but Joystiq and IGN haven't touched it.

Why them?

maybe they don't want to upset their relationship to the publishers /money

Did my part on Twitter last night. While part of me thinks this may all be futile in the end, I still have hope that we can have some positive effect on all of this, regardless if it's just a minor tweak to their plans.

Stuart444

shouldn't there be a translation of a page? or are what just linking people that know english?

I assume people will use google translate and 'get' the general message combined with the hashtag #PS4DRM反対

GQman2121

Banned

Why them?

For the same reason I wouldn't advertise on a site that gave my game an unfavorable review, I wouldn't do business with anyone who spoke out about a policy I'm attempting to implement.

Outlets are just not biting the hand......

Why them?

This campaign is the best moneyhat detector there ever was. We should start guilt-Tweeting the gaming establishments that haven't responded yet until we get a response.

shouldn't there be a translation of a page? or are what just linking people that know english?

Not a bad idea, though I definitely wouldn't know how to implement that on the site -- at least not as far as automatic detection is concerned. Google translate might be the best bet until a resourceful Japanese gamer creates a localized hub for the region.

I know I'm new here and have a lot to learn, but we should twitter bomb IGN and if they still dont report anything we will know how crooked they really are.

Gold Member
Good idea. I ended up just adding links to the tumbr on the "footer" of every page.

I could really use some help from someone with CSS/web design experience... I'm trying to change the link colors in the footer from the template's default but I can't figure out how to do it. I was somehow able to do it for body links, but not foot links.

Thanks...

Looking at the source, to change the footer links you will need to use something like...

div#footer-wrap a { color: black; }

In the CSS file.

Alternatively if you have access to the source code template, just add a style tag directly to it e.g.

<a style="color:black;" href="http://ps4nodrm.tumblr.com/" target="_blank">official tumblr</a>

Obviously replace black with whatever colour you want, or you can use the hex code e.g. #000000;

Hope this helps, I'm on ipad so so I don't have access to my web dev tools ;)

EDIT: CSS is read in order, so add the code to the end of the file or search the file to see if there is a class already setup for the footer links. You can override this ordering by using !important or just stick with the second method as that will be read by the browser after the CSS has been processed :)

I don't know. IGN and Joystiq are moneyhats but the entire rest of the internet isn't?

It just doesn't make sense. I wonder if it's some sort of issue they have with GAF. Has either sourced GAF for anything in a while?

Aenima

Why them?

Unfortunatly, almost all sites that published the news about the movement, already removed the article... Looks like someone is not happy to see this all over the net...

gadwn

They have to protect their wallets, exclusive reviews, free games, and lifetime supply of doritos, and Mountain dew.

Yes, I'm sure the IGN Playstation team gets lots of moneyhats from MS and other publishers.

Why them?

Dunno about Joystig, but IGN Playstation - as mentioned earlier - is handled by Colin Moriarty (a really passionate Sony fan) and he doesn't care at all about used games and DRM. So that's why I guess.

It's not about moneyhats, it's about opinions.

Stuart444

Unfortunatly, almost all sites that published the news about the movement, already removed the article... Looks like someone is not happy to see this all over the net...

I just checked the links on ps4nodrm.com and many of them (Kotaku, Eurogamer, Destructoid, gamespot) are still up?

Who removed their article about it? I'm clicking through the links on Baller's site and each one I've clicked on so far still has their article up.

Boke1879

Yes, I'm sure the IGN Playstation team gets lots of moneyhats from MS and other publishers.

Dunno about Joystig, but IGN Playstation - as mentioned earlier - is handled by Colin Moriarty (a really passionate Sony fan) and he doesn't care at all about used games and DRM. So that's why I guess.

That shouldn't matter though. They are games journalists first. Their opinions don't really matter when they are reporting a story.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Huh? I just clicked a bunch of them randomly and all of those ones were still there.

Fixed1979

believe coverage of it would fall under news, not looking for an opinion piece.

EDIT: Beaten =/ thread is fast

MogCakes

Perhaps you mean that they're not on the front page anymore? That's just the natural progression of things though. Newer articles take priority.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Perhaps you mean that they're not on the front page anymore? That's just the natural progression of things though. Newer articles take priority.

This is the only other thing that makes sense. And yeah, you can't expect articles to sit on their front page forever.

Looking at the source, to change the footer links you will need to use something like...

div#footer-wrap a { color: black; }

In the CSS file.

Alternatively if you have access to the source code template, just add a style tag directly to it e.g.

<a style="color:black;" href="http://ps4nodrm.tumblr.com/" target="_blank">official tumblr</a>

Obviously replace black with whatever colour you want, or you can use the hex code e.g. #000000;

Hope this helps, I'm on ipad so so I don't have access to my web dev tools ;)

I have access to the CSS template, I just couldn't make sense of it all.

You rock. I was able to find footer-wrap in the CSS file.

Thanks!

Aenima

Then must be an ISP problem from my part cuz only NBC and a few others are still up. im getting error from most links. For example i cant see any Eurogamer article now, and earlier today i saw it... estrange...

Rich!

Then must be an ISP problem from my part cuz only NBC and a few others are still up. im getting error from most links. For example i cant see any Eurogamer article now, and earlier today i saw it... estrange...

I think your computer has discovered time travel.

Sent a suggestion to a buddy that sells T-Shirts online (really anyone can do this part). Told him to put up PS4noDRM T-shirts and if needed I could do some designs and have people wear them to E3. Have all proceeds go to the Red Cross for victims of the tornado in Oklahoma.

forcing IGN or Jopystiq to write about is pointless.

They are allowed to have their opinions just like Ben and that other guy.

It seems that most of the IGN dudes don't mind DRM. Doesnt mean they are corrupt or anything.

Attacking people will only harm the message at this point.

This makes the most sense to me. I don't buy into the conspiracy theory stuff. I can see someone extremely passionate anti-used (like, say, total biscuit) just ignoring the story.

But at the same time they want clicks, no? I mean this thread has a trillion views. Oh well. We're fine without them.

I went on my evening walk earlier and was thinking that maybe it would make sense to back off with tweets at the sony employees and just make tweets about DRM with the hashtag... to keep the hashtag going without driving those guys from ever using twitter again.

But then I realized that even if everyone in this thread agreed we couldn't stop what's happening. It's much bigger than this thread and we aren't really in control of it. Not that I want to 'control' people but I do hope it stays mostly positive. Gamers acting like assholes will just further the idea that we aren't mature enough to remain upset about these things or that we are just looking for things to bitch about.

Oh well. Just some theory-crafting on things out of our control. I'm going to keep updating the OP, keep checking the thread and keep trying to be positive (and I'm glad that both websites are doing that as well) and not worry about the rest because it's out of our hands.

Gold Member
This makes the most sense to me. I don't buy into the conspiracy theory stuff. I can see someone extremely passionate anti-used (like, say, total biscuit) just ignoring the story.

But at the same time they want clicks, no? I mean this thread has a trillion views. Oh well. We're fine without them.

I went on my evening walk earlier and was thinking that maybe it would make sense to back off with tweets at the sony employees and just make tweets about DRM with the hashtag... to keep the hashtag going without driving those guys from ever using twitter again.

But then I realized that even if everyone in this thread agreed we couldn't stop what's happening. It's much bigger than this thread and we aren't really in control of it. Not that I want to 'control' people but I do hope it stays mostly positive. Gamers acting like assholes will just further the idea that we aren't mature enough to remain upset about these things or that we are just looking for things to bitch about.

Oh well. Just some theory-crafting on things out of our control. I'm going to keep updating the OP, keep checking the thread and keep trying to be positive (and I'm glad that both websites are doing that as well) and not worry about the rest because it's out of our hands.
snowball_effect.png

The snowball effect...lol

paskowitz

I agree. Just keep the hashtags up to show consistent, passionate interest. I think the message has gotten to those that have been bombarded. We should still tweet outlets that have not been tweeted.

Sent a suggestion to a buddy that sells T-Shirts online (really anyone can do this part). Told him to put up PS4noDRM T-shirts and if needed I could do some designs and have people wear them to E3. Have all proceeds go to the Red Cross for victims of the tornado in Oklahoma.

that is awesome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom