• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The countdown timers on the webpages are an hour fast compared to the ones here and the time. FYI

Huh. That means the OP isn't in sync with the banners m0dus designed then. 8 AM EST is 7 hours from now. I guess I'll just change the countdowns, hopefully that doesn't confuse people too much.

EDIT: Nope, OP is actually incorrect. I switched the website countdowns back to the correct time. Apparently there was some confusion at first and the OP banner was never changed back.

Updated the op, FROM IN Bed, because baller is a slave driver.

I'm not changing my alarm though. I'm still walking up at 8:45. The early hours will be slow anyway with most of America still asleep. I think about 4-5 hours after that will be peak.

I'm not changing my alarm though. I'm still walking up at 8:45. The early hours will be slow anyway with most of America still asleep. I think about 4-5 hours after that will be peak.

How about adding the profile banners ?

IrishNinja

heh

so if OP says not to hit up sony employees, who do ya'll have in mind specifically? also, i use some twitter app that tweets for me on the 3rd of every month for the #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense tag, ya'll thought about something uniform like that?

MogCakes

heh

so if OP says not to hit up sony employees, who do ya'll have in mind specifically? also, i use some twitter app that tweets for me on the 3rd of every month for the #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense tag, ya'll thought about something uniform like that?

You DO hit up Sony employees, it just says to hold off until the start of the 2nd phase so they have a breather before the bombardment starts again.

Amatsu

Neo Member
I'm pretty excited for tomorrow - Good advice on the tweet 'em one by one by one - as soon as I wake up and shake off the cobwebs I'm going to just go down the list of people in the OP and go crazy - and will send a special thanks to Jim Sterling.

John Koller better have stocked up on passion buckets.

Kane1345

I'm up ready to tweet today. The metro newspaper got back to me last night and said they will publish an article this morning. Remember to tweet everyone one by one and to customise your tweets so they make more of an impact.

Also if you can change your twitter ava to your banner/gaf ava to show visual solidarity that would be awesome ;)

MasLegio

Banned
Can someone take this image and recreate it with a GameStop second hand sale?

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a8b7438c970b-600wi

Bioshock Infinite is 54.99 pre-owned at GameStop, they will give you $20 for it. The breakdown becomes

Retailer Margin - $35
Original Owner - $20
Distribution, Cogs - $0 (you bring it right to them!)
Platform royalty - $0
Publisher - $0

I wonder why the publishers and platform holders want DRM.

simple

they are greedy bastards that do not care about the consumer or its rights or century old traditions like right to sell personal property

Breakdown of me selling Bioshock Infinity for $35 to anyone

Me: $32-35
Retailer Margin - $0
Original Owner - $0
Distribution, Cogs - $0 - $3
Platform royalty - $0

We should not only see Gamestop/retailers as the only option to sell games. It needs to be reiterated that private persons can sell to other private persons as well. I feel that many that tries to defend DRM and noUsedgames use Gamestop as an example of why used games is bad as a way to shift focus, we need to focus more on the private persons rights than on people selling to Gamestop.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It's hilarious how consumers will give up their own rights to spite gamestop.

I actually like GS. Never had any problems. Well unless you count the time I bought a 2nd copy of xenoblade new and it was already open. I didn't give a shit.

before I had I job, I went there to trade in old games to get a new one or two. I still do this.

rukland

Ready to do my part, kinda sad how much arguing I have been doing with some of my friends about this whole issue. I have one friend who says the whole anti-DRM movement makes him just want DRM to be a thing.

Kane1345

there are alot of people tweeting right now who also thinks its in 25mins. I think its cause people normally associate GMT = UK, but right now UK is GMT+1. I'll start whenever the flood starts :)

Red-Shift

Neo Member
I'm so ready. Tweets are waiting to be sent. Got the NIER soundtrack and Two Steps From Hell catalog queued up for a fun uber dramatic effect while watching the #PS4NoDRM tweets pop up. Resistance is futile, lets get this train rolling again!

Would it make sense to work The Last of Us/Naughty Dog into the tweets as a hashtag, since reviews are coming out today and Sony people could be paying attention to that?

Akihidas

Phase II of #PS4noDRM begins in one hour! I know some will start now due to GMT confusion but thats cool Get the ball rolling! #PS4UsedGames

Just tweeted that as some people have begun early.

I'm going with positive themes to my tweets, memories affected by rentals and borrowing and how they would have not been experienced without them.

Like the Resident Evil dogs making us all shit our pants. No rental, I would have never experienced that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom