• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Jim Sterling joined the cause :)
UuZQ8On.jpg

Thanks Jim! :)

Retwitteado! LOL! :p

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Is there any chance to make this topic sticky? This is an important issue.

I don't think we should make it sticky. I never read sticky threads in time because its difficult to see them (eyes go to the first topic automatically). We should be keeping it at the top of the page. Stickying it makes it less visible imo.

jaosobno

I don't think we should make it sticky. I never read sticky threads in time because its difficult to see them (eyes go to the first topic automatically). We should be keeping it at the top of the page. Stickying it makes it less visible imo.

Ok, but let's keep this topic high on the first page.

Hope they were listening.

We are making some noice right now...

The annoying part is that we're going to have to wait until E3 to find out if they have listened. There aren't anymore events until then since they've already shown their games for Judges' Week. And I doubt anyone is going to get into contact with the higher ups to get a straight answer from them right now.

Haha, so #BeforeIDieIWantTo is in the top 10 trends in the US - we could get pretty creative with that one!

The annoying part is that we're going to have to wait until E3 to find out if they have listened. There aren't anymore events until then since they've already shown their games for Judges' Week. And I doubt anyone is going to get into contact with the higher ups to get a straight answer from them right now.

Yup. And hey, ultimately it should be up to the publisher, not Sony. Sony shouldn't make some bullshit mandatory install that forces me to be connected at the time I enter the verification code and then do an internet check for said code every 24 hours or w/e.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
You know, if you wanted to step this up a notch, we could set up a site and try google bombing the PS4 keyword on google ads for #PS4NoDRM #PS4USEDGAMES

Sony would have to take it on the chin...afterall, they google bombed the xbox keyword for PS4 :) Although I imagine the PS4 keyword might be pretty expensive to bid on effectively...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Whats the difference between NoDRM and NoUsed

I assume the spirit of 'NoDRM' relates to physical disc drm and not wanting any change to that vs this gen. 'Usedgames' rams the point home I guess.

I think everyone knows and accepts it's a different ballgame on digital purchases (though, of course, one wouldn't welcome something like always online drm for those purchases either). I think the focus here is on physical discs and how they should behave.

Hydrargyrus

No matter how long we will have to wait if there's a good ending.

Looking the bright side... more time to make noice

I'm on my phone in bed now (since it's 4am) so i can't copy that sterling tweet into the Op but i did thank him personally for giving the cause a boost.

I should go to bed but I'm way too into this.

Pistolero

You know, if you wanted to step this up a notch, we could set up a site and try google bombing the PS4 keyword on google ads for #PS4NoDRM #PS4USEDGAMES

Sony would have to take it on the chin...afterall, they google bombed the xbox keyword for PS4 :) Although I imagine the PS4 keyword might be pretty expensive to bid on effectively...

Couldn't agree more. But I think it would be just as pertinent to unleash hell on EA and make our concerns and grievances as a collective body of consumers hear clear and loud!

Is Sony listening? If only they could put an always-on, always-online camera/microphone into our homes. Then we know they'd be listening.

I did my part, for what it's worth, the multiple shitstorms (Adam Orth and post Xbone reveal) should be enough to make them listen, they should seize the opportunity MS gave them and be the white knight in shining armor ;)

Dinjooh

I'm on my phone in bed now (since it's 4am) so i can't copy that sterling tweet into the Op but i did thank him personally for giving the cause a boost.

I should go to bed but I'm way too into this.

It's appreciated man.

Anywho, did my part. And will do so again when i'm off work.

But really though if Sony came out of E3 with

1)Free Online MP for PSN, PSN+ has more features, STILL $49.99

2)Non-Region locked

3)Worldwide Release before Black Friday

4)No DRM/Anti-Used game features at ALL. Period.

5)$399 Basic SKU $449 Premium SKU

Would it be premature to say Next gen is over?

bakedpony

I assume the spirit of 'NoDRM' relates to physical disc drm and not wanting any change to that vs this gen. 'Usedgames' rams the point home I guess.

I think everyone knows and accepts it's a different ballgame on digital purchases (though, of course, one wouldn't welcome something like always online drm for those purchases either). I think the focus here is on physical discs and how they should behave.

Yeah I think NoDRM means no always-online crap while the used games is allowing used games without extra fees.

KiteGr

If I even find that they had plans to do the same before MS's disasterus conference, I'll be very disapointent.

I won't participate for 2 reasons:
  1. I don't use twiter.
  2. I wan't to believe that this campaign was never needed.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

2)Non-Region locked

Yes it would be. As much as we might hate the idea, the XboxOne appeals to a lot of the casual crowd that have no idea about the used games/borrowing mechanics, and the lack of prioritised dedication to making the games actually look good in the long run (these machines will be sold for at least 10 years, the gap between them will be visible), that power is instead spent on overlay OS features we've never asked for.

jaosobno

If I even find that they had plans to do the same before MS's disasterus conference, I'll be very disapointent.

I won't participate for 2 reasons:
  1. I don't use twiter.
  2. I wan't to believe that this campaign was never needed.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

GrizzNKev

Banned
I didn't even say who I am and some of you still favorited/retweeted me.

Love ya.

I don't usually like being part of big idealistic movement-type things, but I'm really feeling it this time. It just feels like the right thing to do.

Dinjooh

2)Non-Region locked

Yes. Mainstream will still slurp it up when MS begins the ad machine, and shows the next gears/halo/crackdown. I don't see how they'll change their current position in Asian and European markets though, and especially emerging markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom