• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Create button 4K HDR 60 fps gameplay capture sample, pretty good!

DonJorginho

Banned
How can we like comment and subscribe?
What is your patreon? And what are the monthly perks?
Do you have a merch shop?
What collaborations will you do with other youtubers?

will you live stream? When are the give aways? Can i follow you on twitter? Do you also twitch?
I need to know!
I'll need to ask my manager if I can comment on the plans for the channel before disclosing any info.

Man the SHOW looks so real, those textures models and that animation is so good........Is this even the next gen version?

No, we have to wait until next spring at least for the true next gen version. Hopefully they gie the engine a massie overhaul, because at the moment it looks great but I wish the textures and lighting were closer to NBA 2K quality.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Time for more HDR support, with this, and the new iPhone video captures.

My YouTube TV app doesn’t support HDR, nor do any of my phones or tablets. I understand it’s difficult on PC as well.

It seems like we’re going to have a whole lot of awkward, tone-mapped, off looking clips on YouTube, until the rest of the tech world steps up. I’ll probably be sharing in SDR until then.

ksdixon

Thanks mate.

Current versions of SHAREfactory (PS4/Pro app name) do not support keyboard and mouse, so I could see people still resorting to PC for edits.

Hopefully the PS5 app, renamed to "Share Factory Studio" does support it.

we need a Hopefully reaction emoji

Bo_Hazem

Banned

My YouTube TV app doesn’t support HDR, nor do any of my phones or tablets. I understand it’s difficult on PC as well.

It seems like we’re going to have a whole lot of awkward, tone-mapped, off looking clips on YouTube, until the rest of the tech world steps up. I’ll probably be sharing in SDR until then.

Time to buy Sony Xperia 1 ii or 5 ii. :messenger_sunglasses:

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Chromecast Ultra isn't a huge investment, and the built-in Ethernet port does wonders for streaming video (no matter how good WiFi you have, nothing beats good-ol cable).

I appreciate the advice, but giving Google money, let alone giving them money for poor apps on other devices is a big no for me.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
On the one hand.. I'll never use this... on the other hand.. I do watch gameplay videos to make purchasing decisions and this should improve the quality... so.. I kinda will use this lol

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Yup, it's a great step for many. You'll see many content creators on PS5 as they are budget-tight and can't afford a dedicated PC. That Share Factory Studio seems pretty solid. Tried the first one on PS4 and it was decent.

I still like this video i created on the original PS4, with Share Factory:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Nice! What year iPad? Mine is the newest mini, from, last year, I think. I understand it to have some sort of wide-gamut support, but I’ve never seen that used.

I think iPad Pro 2020 is HDR (12.9")? But on youtube it only supports 1080p which is pretty shitty. 4K screenshots look very sharp on it, so why not 4K videos!

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I think iPad Pro 2020 is HDR (12.9")? But on youtube it only supports 1080p which is pretty shitty. 4K screenshots look very sharp on it, so why not 4K videos!

Yeah, it’s weird. Even mine is around 1440p or above. I’m not sure why 4K and 1440p options are removed altogether in the app. Feels like I could be getting a much better sense of how games look on it.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yeah, it’s weird. Even mine is around 1440p or above. I’m not sure why 4K and 1440p options are removed altogether in the app. Feels like I could be getting a much better sense of how games look on it.

Last update has 4K, but has note that 1080p is the upper limit for the hardware? It's my wife's anyway, considering Samsung Tab S7+ later. 1080p is just looks as bad as 1080p on big tv. Premium price for BS results. Everything else look wonderful though, and checked my screenshots and look wonderful.

Reactions: PSX

-Arcadia-

Banned
Last update has 4K, but has note that 1080p is the upper limit for the hardware? It's my wife's anyway, considering Samsung Tab S7+ later. 1080p is just looks as bad as 1080p on big tv. Premium price for BS results. Everything else look wonderful though, and checked my screenshots and look wonderful.

I did see that it was slightly under 2160p (4K). Didn’t mention because the iPad is also 4:3, which kind of screws up that as a measurement. Maybe YouTube sees that, and it flags the device for a 1080p version instead?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I did see that it was slightly under 2160p (4K). Didn’t mention because the iPad is also 4:3, which kind of screws up that as a measurement. Maybe YouTube sees that, and it flags the device for a 1080p version instead?

Gotta try it. But beyond 1080p was closed, but later updates they show up now, maybe because of the bad press vs Samsung Tab 7+ having 4K. Outside youtube I'm not sure if other streaming services could handle 4K as well, but the screen itself is more than capable and pretty sharp and vibrant. It's a software thing (VP9) as our friend inflation inflation stated.

I usually don't like Apple products and like the dock mode of Samsung. Huawei tab was wonderful but Trump made sure to ruin it, google classroom can't run on open source Android that current Huawei devices use.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Seems pretty good and sharp, not as sharp as external recorders I've seen from professional youtube channels reviewing Spiderman and other games, but very good. Seems to be compressed in WebM to save a lot of space:

Gives you 4K@60fps HDR record up to 15min. If you want more, you should use PS5's share factory app.

Amazing input here by K Kerlurk !

I saw in the settings that you can choose:

Most Efficient (WebM)
Most Compatible (MP4)

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Most Efficient (WebM)
Most Compatible (MP4)

WebM doesn't work on many devices, but it's extremely efficient while keeps most of the details. I doubt that MP4 will have more clarity as they will still reduce the bitrate in it and you might end up getting more for less on WebM. If you may try 30 seconds of each and check them out personally and report back would be great!

Last edited:
How are you managing to record at 4K, 60fps? I have my recording output set to 4K but I tried to record Ghost of Tsushima gameplay and it only recorded it in 1080p, 60fps?

vkbest

I can't understand, I have tested on my PS5, using mp4 and webm and both the capture are 1080p/30fps, even the quality is worse than PS4 Pro captures on webm

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
That don't explain why is recording at 30fps

I don't have the console yet, maybe tomorrow or after we'll be getting it. I'll check and see if I have any answers, but I have a HDMI 2.0 4K HDR TV, so I think it'll make 4K@60fps HDR recording.

Do you have any plans of upgrading your tv?

mitchman

Gold Member
Seems pretty good and sharp, not as sharp as external recorders I've seen from professional youtube channels reviewing Spiderman and other games, but very good. Seems to be compressed in WebM to save a lot of space:
WebM is the container, it's likely using VP9 for the codec.

mitchman

Gold Member
I'll correct you right away. PNG is an uncompressed file format. What happens when that image is transferred to other platforms is another issue - but that PNG screenshot will be a 1:1 match to what is being displayed on the screen. Without HDR though (on PS4).
Technically, it's a compressed format, but it uses lossless compression so no loss of quality.

mitchman

Gold Member

Not really, most TVs from the last 3 years should support HDR on youtube if they're any good. At least all LG OLEDs do since 2018.

mitchman

Gold Member

Most Efficient (WebM)
Most Compatible (MP4)
Interesting choices considering both of those are just containers, whereas it's the actual codec used that matters. Presumably VP9 is used for WebM, and h264 on MP4, that's the most common codecs contained in those containers. Still, I wish Sony didn't stupify it like that.

vkbest

I don't have the console yet, maybe tomorrow or after we'll be getting it. I'll check and see if I have any answers, but I have a HDMI 2.0 4K HDR TV, so I think it'll make 4K@60fps HDR recording.

Do you have any plans of upgrading your tv?

Nope, my TV have low input lag (6ms) and I have distance enough for don't discern difference. Besides, the most games will be under 4k, so would be stupid when I prefer framerate over resolution

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Interesting choices considering both of those are just containers, whereas it's the actual codec used that matters. Presumably VP9 is used for WebM, and h264 on MP4, that's the most common codecs contained in those containers. Still, I wish Sony didn't stupify it like that.

Yeah, some of their "dummy proof" labeling I could do without. Would be nice if was a more technical adept option to change the labeling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom