• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 DualSense Controllers spotted at Walmart

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Brick seeker said all of them around me had them in stock. Went yesterday and they would not sell it to me

Yep. Their Point of Sale system will lock out anything with a listed street date from being sold early. The stock people just put what they get in the case. Happens all the time.

Honestly though, I often wonder about this. I spent 13 years in retail/retail mgmnt. When I was receiving shipment boxes off a truck, video game related things (I worked in toy store and video game store businesses primarily) which were street dated had stickers on the boxes which outright stated not to sell before ___ date. We never put those on the floor ahead of time.
I wonder if the boxes are missing these stickers, the stock people just don't care, or they are being told to just put the stuff in the cases anyway to get stock out of the back rooms.

Vawn

Banned
No one talks about DualSense features, i thought it's a key feature like Ssd. I don't know how it works. I wonder if Sony plans to reveaI it in a gameplay video soon. I hope it's fate won't be like Sixaxis.

The SixAxis didn't die. They just put the rumble that they (stupidly) removed back in and called it the DualShock 3.

And I hear a lot about the DualSense. It's looking to be the most interesting new gaming controller in a long while.

FrankWza

Yep. Their Point of Sale system will lock out anything with a listed street date from being sold early. The stock people just put what they get in the case. Happens all the time.

Honestly though, I often wonder about this. I spent 13 years in retail/retail mgmnt. When I was receiving shipment boxes off a truck, video game related things (I worked in toy store and video game store businesses primarily) which were street dated had stickers on the boxes which outright stated not to sell before ___ date. We never put those on the floor ahead of time.
I wonder if the boxes are missing these stickers, the stock people just don't care, or they are being told to just put the stuff in the cases anyway to get stock out of the back rooms.

accessories usually aren’t though. You gotta try to make them scan it. See if it locks them out.

Darklor01

accessories usually aren’t though. You gotta try to make them scan it. See if it locks them out.

I guess. Most accessories aren't usually street dated for sure, but, .. official console launch based ones usually are in my past experience.

jaysius

Banned
The SixAxis didn't die. They just put the rumble that they (stupidly) removed back in and called it the DualShock 3.

And I hear a lot about the DualSense. It's looking to be the most interesting new gaming controller in a long while.

They couldn’t put the rumble in the controllers at first because they were getting sued by immersion(everyone got sued, they decided to play hardball, lost and screwed customers) and tried to say that “rumble is a last gen feature” to cover it all up.

I’m interested to hear how long the dual sense battery life is, and if you can plug the charging cable into it without putting pressure on the charging port when laid flat like the moronic DS4 design.

These could be nice if they work wirelessly on a PS4 and a PC.

Last edited:

Codes 208

I guess. Most accessories aren't usually street dated for sure, but, .. official console launch based ones usually are in my past experience.
In my experience as a walmart associate, many are, especially first party accessories. Someone derped and put the Elite2 xbox controller a couple days early for example and the sale was blocked.

it’s the third party smaller stuff that ends up being sold before street date without much of a fuss (like new designed Apower switch controllers)

Last edited:

Rikkori

I need to see this tested on PC. Need a new gamepad and this is my first choice because of gyro + finally a good shape. If it disappoints then I'll just snag a sn30 pro+.

ZywyPL

Banned
I need to see this tested on PC. Need a new gamepad and this is my first choice because of gyro + finally a good shape. If it disappoints then I'll just snag a sn30 pro+.

It's more than certain that DS features will be unused on PC. I bought myself DS4 before PS4 launch for PC back in the day and it was a terrible experience, custom drivers plus lacking/terrible support in some games made me sell it after less than two months, just using the analogs and buttons was already hit or miss, so I can only imagine how bricked the DS will fell when connected to a PC with all its unique features. I bought XB1 controller instead and I didn't look back ever since, it just works, it's a perfectly working plug&play experience, Playstation controllers are just never meant to be used with PC, so better keep it that way.

Darklor01

In my experience as a walmart associate, many are, especially first party accessories. Someone derped and put the Elite2 xbox controller a couple days early for example and the sale was blocked.

it’s the third party smaller stuff that ends up being sold before street date without much of a fuss (like new designed Apower switch controllers)

Yep, thats pretty much what I was meaning and my experience as well.

Codes 208

I forgot to take a pic but today we got in our first accessories: the ps5 remote. It’s kinda funny how it looks more like an Apple product. We also got a fixture set up for external hdd’s/SSD’s as well

Top Bottom