• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 has been jailbroken

ZoukGalaxy

Bloodborne Raytracing 580 fps fix patch incoming.
Excited The Neverending Story GIF

Last edited:

Puscifer

Guess my PS5S turned off starting NOW.

I mean really jailbreaking these consoles is a good thing.

A soldered on SSD just means full control for Sony unless they make a model where they're just slotted on I don't see this as a bad thing.

//DEVIL//

Wonder on what firmware . Time to stop updating the ps5

Jailbroken CFI 1015 ps5 is moowah . Heaven.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Bullshit.

Cheaters are everywhere and prefer more popular games
Most games today use dedicated servers and those servers check for spoofed firmwares. It's impossible to keep cheating without buying new spoofs from others PlayStations and that's not worth it cause it's one game and you're out again.

In the PS3 era most games used P2P servers and were very easy to keep playing without being caught.

Stop spreading disinformation.

//DEVIL//

Newest is 6.0, so maybe better to find a new PS5 and keep it in box.
Yeah . No one aside from maybe like 10 people has 4.03 firmware lol.

The new ps5 consoles are 100% above 4.03 as that firmware was released last year. Even if there was a way to downgrade like the ps3 days. You won’t be able to downgrade below what firmware the factory had.

Your best bet is if you have first Gen ps5 model is to stop upgrading and wait on 6 ( which I also believe will be hacked next year ).

Even if you were able to downgrade at one point to lower firmware you will need ps5 1015 ( thank god I have that ). Since these systems came with firmware 1

Kagey K

Banned
Most games today use dedicated servers and those servers check for spoofed firmwares. It's impossible to keep cheating without buying new spoofs from others PlayStations and that's not worth it cause it's one game and you're out again.

In the PS3 era most games used P2P servers and were very easy to keep playing without being caught.

Stop spreading disinformation.
Yet there are thousands of streamers using cheats on every game.

It's not disinformation it's facts, that will now spread to PS5.

As soon as it's compromised, people will find ways to exploit it.

All day every day.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned

The new ps5 consoles are 100% above 4.03 as that firmware was released last year. Even if there was a way to downgrade like the ps3 days. You won’t be able to downgrade below what firmware the factory had.

Your best bet is if you have first Gen ps5 model is to stop upgrading and wait on 6 ( which I also believe will be hacked next year ).

Even if you were able to downgrade at one point to lower firmware you will need ps5 1015 ( thank god I have that ). Since these systems came with firmware 1
There will always be new jailbreaks coming out especially after this one.

But I got my release PS5 and with some umbrella trick it might be able to downgrade no matter what.

I'm getting the slim version next year so I'll just wait and see what happens.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's cool but currently limited to 4.03. This means no online, probably very few vulnerable consoles, and currently no way to upgrade while staying hacked. The hack runs in userland, so it has to be re-run every time the console is shut off. Able to activate the debug menu and run the package installer - which is cool, but again limited to stuff that runs on the 4.03 firmware. Oh, and it's a read/write only exploit, with no execution permissions.

I've been holding on to a 4.03 PS5 for a while now, since they announced this exploit chain last year. Will be fun to play around with. But nothing earth shattering... yet.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Yet there are thousands of streamers using cheats on every game.

It's not disinformation it's facts, that will now spread to PS5.

As soon as it's compromised, people will find ways to exploit it.

All day every day.
Do you mean Xim, chronus etc. cheaters? - that's a thing, but that doesn't have anything to do with jailbroken consoles.

You obviously dont know what you're talking about.

Kagey K

Banned

Now that they found the hole it will follow the firmware.

By the end of day tomorrow current firmware will be hacked.

Kagey K

Banned
Do you mean Xim, chronus etc. cheaters? - that's a thing, but that doesn't have anything to do with jailbroken consoles.

You obviously dont know what you're talking about.
I said on Xbox I only have to worry about them, on other consoles it's full hacks now.

You obviously don't have am Xbox or give a shit, so I'll shut off crossplay and you won't notice.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
It's on 4.03 firmware!

We're on 6.00 now 😂

Just stop..
If they could stop the hacks I would. Why are you defending a company that can't even keep thier own data private, before yours?

Now that the keys are out it's a matter of time before PSN is hacked again, and you seem more worried about Sony than yourself.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
If they could stop the hacks I would. Why are you defending a company that can't even keep thier own data private, before yours?
Old firmwares on PlayStation consoles always gets hacked. It's cool and nothing to worry about 😂

You talking bout the 2011 incident? Come on dude, stop reaching.

Kagey K

Banned
Old firmwares on PlayStation consoles always gets hacked. It's cool and nothing to worry about 😂

Sure my man. It's all good. When was the last time old firmware got hacked, just for the record.

I already know the answer, but you should confirm it.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Across PlayStation platforms? PS3 firmwares gets hacked the moment a new one comes out. PS4 firmwares are still tricky.
You said

So tell me the last time a PS firmwares got hacked.

(It was 2011 when a bunch of people got data stolen) but you try to downplay it like it happens all the time, and I'm making a deal out of nothing.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Sure my man. It's all good. When was the last time old firmware got hacked, just for the record.

I already know the answer, but you should confirm it.
People with a jailbroken PlayStation console can't play online unless they want their console banned.

If there's an exploit to play online, then all Sony has to do is release another firmware update. This will force gamers to update their firmware to play online and that's something they're not going to do unless it's hacked.

Kagey K

Banned
Fully hacked with write permissions?

Or semi-hacked with read permissions like the latest hack?

We can keep going on, but you present yourself as a fool.
Sure buddy.

Your are looking like the dumbass right now, and I'm willing to keep wrecking you all night.

You have no clue and defending shit you either didn't live through or don't give a fuck about.

Meanwhile people had to fight to restore credit scores or keep accounts because of serious flaws in Sonys records. It's a shame that this hits close to home, but it looks very similar

Three

He's talking about 2011 and Sony pictures for some reason. Must have forgot the company behind his xbox got hacked just this March by some 16yr olds going by the name of Lapsus$. As if that has any bearing on anything.

You can't go online with a known hack that requires FW 4.03. You can only do it with zero-day hacks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom