• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 official event June 4th cancelled - new date TBA

BatSu

so black controller ... cool very cool
Ab2JDiq.jpg

PchB2WgP1aKc0.gif

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

In the middle picture you can clearly see the white sections either side of the blue light. Further the bottom section of the share button is even whiter. Now contrast that with the black area at the top of the picture around the thumbsticks.

scalman

if console will be same 2 tone too then maybe white / black would look better on console then grey/black. maybe i want that white version more.

Ben Taylor, technical director of Square Enix in Japan, retweeted the PS5 presentation event on June 4th, with these words:

"You will want to tune in for this."

beZ38vA.gif

Final Fantasy XVI and Crimson Arbitrium Agni's Anthology Hype :messenger_smiling_hearts:

I wonder how far along FF XVI would be in development by now? What release window would be most likely? Late 2021? 2022?

Definitely would love to see it pop up next week

D.Final

Banned
I wonder how far along FF XVI would be in development by now? What release window would be most likely? Late 2021? 2022?

The Tweet was deleted :messenger_open_mouth:

So there's must something of really interesting for the Final Fantasy franchise next week :messenger_smiling_hearts:

I made a screenshot of the Tweet

WvFjF4v.jpg

Final Fantasy XVI is truly coming :messenger_smiling_hearts:

GeoramA

People have been saying it's gonna resurface as a next-gen title around here for a little while now, you think that's happening?
Could be a launch game or it could be vaporware for all I know. I know its been 6 years since development started.

The announcements of GT Sport, WiLD, and Detroit closed out their Gamescom that year, so I always assumed it was an important project.

Bartski

Gold Member
I'm on +/-60Mbps net, and during the Ghost of Tsushima State of Play resolution drops were just damn horrible.
I've heard it wasn't much better on Twitch when live.
If there is one event that just needs to be seen in a STABLE HD glory it's probably this one. And because of how many people it will attract I expect it to be even worse this time around.

GAF, what are your suggestions? What is your experience with recent SoPs? Can some media outlets transmitting the event live be a better option?

People have been saying it's gonna resurface as a next-gen title around here for a little while now, you think that's happening?

It could be that the game is better suited for the PS5s I/O instead of the PS4s.

Kind of how flying wasn't supported in HZD due to the slow HDDD. With Wild your posessing all sorts of animals and maybe the old HDD caused some problems with the flying aspect of it?

Just a guess.

Last edited:

Swadedtx

Banned
My predictions:

1: Game console will be revealed.

2: PS4 Backwards compatibility will be clarified with examples shown.

3: Select PS1-3 games available digitally with more added over time. (Not disc based 😭).

4: Smart play will be revealed for first party games. Third party optional. Dreams, Last of Us 2 and Ghost PS5 versions confirmed, free upgrade for people who own the game.

5: No price.

6: Game reveals; Horizon Zero Dawn 2. Demon Souls: Remake. New Call of Duty, Harry Potter, Spiderman 2 (still a year away), Resident Evil 8, Gran Turismo 7, Bioshock (still a year away), new Uncharted (not Naughty Dog).

7: One last thing.... Silent Hill: Remake.

8: Pre-orders available now. Coming late October.
What people are forgetting is Guerilla is developing 2 games one has Rainbow Six and Socom developers working on some online shooter. I just upped the shooter isn't Killzone which I doubt it is.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
After the Cerny talk about SSD SSD SSD I'm looking forward to see big changes in game design. Let's hope it's actually true.

Hostile_18

Banned
What people are forgetting is Guerilla is developing 2 games one has Rainbow Six and Socom developers working on some online shooter. I just upped the shooter isn't Killzone which I doubt it is.

Early 2017 was when Horizon came out though, they are not going to leave that IP on the shelf ;)

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
This is either gonna be amazing, or it will be a disaster. My vote is that it's gonna be incredible..

• Souls Remake
  • Gran Turismo
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Harry Potter
  • FFXVI
  • Horizon 2
  • Spider-Man
  • Silent Hill
  • Resident Evil
  • Star Wars
  • Destiny 3
  • COD 2020
  • BC tease using TLOU2
  • PS5 box reveal
0154_lnu9b.gif

Forgot about harry potter. Next gen begins on Thursday and i cannot wait to see what they show off. I don’t think the console will be shown or the price and they will simply say that they will show and announce these things over the next few weeks. If the console is big and ugly they won’t want it overshadowing their games presentation. They also want to hold stuff back until after Microsoft show the rest of what they have.

I hope we get a few in game videos of their exclusives to show the power of playstation 5.

Kuranghi

I'm on +/-60Mbps net, and during the Ghost of Tsushima State of Play resolution drops were just damn horrible.
I've heard it wasn't much better on Twitch when live.
If there is one event that just needs to be seen in a STABLE HD glory it's probably this one. And because of how many people it will attract I expect it to be even worse this time around.

GAF, what are your suggestions? What is your experience with recent SoPs? Can some media outlets transmitting the event live be a better option?

Don't you always want to rewatch it in better quality anyway? I just tend to look at the obvious details in my first watch of things like the GoT SoP then go back again for a 4K direct-feed watch afterwards. In fact I tend to view reaction versions on the initial watch for more hype, so its even lower quality and smaller on the screen, then I can rewatch it and pause and nitpick it afterwards.

edit - My internet is 400Mbps down and I'm in a major city and the streams suck for me too, don't think it can be helped so I just accept that I'll watch it twice, there aren't that many of these things so I relish doing it.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Not sure if it'll appear here or if it is FFXVI, but Yoshi-P (FFXIV) AAA title went into full development back in April 2019 and it's been in development and hiring since 2016, so I feel that might be it.

THE:MILKMAN

Just thinking about possible third-party games and remembered Massive's Avatar game. That has been in dev for years now and I expect it to look stunning if nothing else with next-gen tech. Could we see it at the PS5 event or would Ubisoft save it for their own event?

I love the look of white plastic, but unfortunately white electronics tend to turn yellow overtime.
If they can add a layer of glass to the console like iPhones that would be awesome, though the controller would still turn yellow.

Top Bottom