• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 official event June 4th cancelled - new date TBA

Glowzinski

Neo Member
Interesting that you will not show the system.

Games are great to look at. Though, Microsoft totally failed on that one, by saying they were showing actual game footage, which was not true.

I would be more interested in seeing every part of the system.

All angles, top, bottom, left, right, inside, outside, even the systems fourth cousin.

As much as I could.

njean777

Because most people live on the East and West coast.

Texas is the second most populated state in the US, AKA Central time..... Im not really that angry about it, just would be nice if people didn't forget about central time peeps.

Last edited:

Swadedtx

Banned
even though I didn't play Demons Soul ( yet ) i wish they do a sequel instead of a remake
The reason for a remake on a launch game would make sense. Think about it level design and story is already set in stone all you have to do is clean everything up, you can put all your energy into taking advantage of the consoles specs. This might end up being the best looking launch game.

Based off what rumors are saying about the 2 Guerilla games it seems like they've been getting worked on since late to early 2017-18.

I see Horizon being g a game they'd want launch within the first 2 years.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
This being pushed back due to the riots is not far fetched tbh.

Perhaps they set up a donation drive during the stream and match it

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Went from Kylie Minogue to now Mr bean. This is why I love neogaf šŸ¤£

You are right, it is madness... we need some policing of it somehow:
Ltk0NBj.jpg

;).

I'm on +/-60Mbps net, and during the Ghost of Tsushima State of Play resolution drops were just damn horrible.
I've heard it wasn't much better on Twitch when live.
If there is one event that just needs to be seen in a STABLE HD glory it's probably this one. And because of how many people it will attract I expect it to be even worse this time around.

GAF, what are your suggestions? What is your experience with recent SoPs? Can some media outlets transmitting the event live be a better option?
I have 300Mbps and it was the same thing for me, both GoT and TLOU2 state of play streams were really low quality to start and never got to 4K, I had to wait for the archived version for that.

The stupid riots are because a bad apple killed someone. Not a reason to riot, destroy city and most importantly - not a reason to delay games ffs.
Just as twin towers was not a reason to delay flight Simulator 2002 (came in 2001)
If only there was some way all these "good" apples could ever try to stop or get rid of the bad ones............

Zero7

State of Emergency sequel is revealed on Thursday. How ironic would that be?

Anyhow folk. Can we please get back on topic?

Last edited:

Swadedtx

Banned
This being pushed back due to the riots is not far fetched tbh.

Perhaps they set up a donation drive during the stream and match it
Issue is there are too many game events this month and you're already starting manufacturing for your console, their are also games that need advertisement and they've apparently been pushing this event back.

What's the point of pushing something back when there is always a new event.

mortal

Gold Member
You do know the cops are actually starting the riots right?

The problem with cops is they aren't usually allowed to police neighborhoods they live and the psychology of cops is to view people as the enemy and system gets rid of good cops. It wasn't one bad cop the cops around him didn't stop him either.

The problem isn't the cops themselves its the fact that our system is built to protect the elite. Think about it who gets off of crimes rich people who can afford the best lawyers and lower sentences and have connections. The enemy is the rich, Capitalism is a govt system built off hierarchy they have lobbyists that help bend the system and laws to protect them. Communism (original Libretarians) is about community and giving people the masses control over the means of production and No China isn't communist they have markets and the highest growth of billionaires.

Communism is birthed off of destroying Hierarchy.

Capitalism can't exist without government so when people say I hate big government that's a really stupid statement.

giphy.gif

yurinka

What are the predictions for the yet unannounced 'secret' feature?
  • Being able to load a game directly in certain game mode/stage/checkpoint/mission as appeared in a patent
  • Being able to see the average completion times for each stage/mission as appeared in a patent
  • AI to make you suggestions or tips considering the previous feature when you are stuck as seen in a patent (like 'you died 20 times in this mission by using the axe. People who uses the bow on average dies 8 time less than those who use the axe.)
  • DualSense tracks your heartbeats or stuff like that as mentioned somewhere, so may detect if you are relaxed or instead nervous, frustrated, scared and so on and some games may use it to adapt the game accordingly (like automaticly dropping a jumpscare in horror games or decreasing difficulty automatically if you died too much and are frustrated
  • Companion robot that praises you appeared in a patent
  • PS2 and PS3 BC mentioned by the main Turkish retailer

Seems pretty clear the event isn't canceled.
They started tv ads today with the known teaser video that announces that date and hour. So no it isn't cancelled. And well, riots are bad. But almost every day there are many issues like these ones and way worse in many countries around the world, and Sony is a Japanese company with a global audience, not just in the USA. In fact, USA is not even their biggest market. Their biggest market is EMEA, a.k.a. Sonyland.

Last edited:
Top Bottom