• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Opener and Closer Predictions

Vawn

Banned
So we will finally see PS5 games Thursday. Usually the two biggest announcements are the opening game and the closing game. So, let's predict those slots here.

PS5.jpg

Perhaps it is just wishful thinking, but these are my guesses (hopes):

OPENING: Horizon Zero Dawn 2

Horizon-Zero-Dawn-2-release-date-PS5-1113795.jpg

CLOSING: Demon's Souls Remake

demon-souls-remake-possible-but-unlikely-o0u1l830y1.png

What are your predictions?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Not enough people give a shit about a DeS remake for it to be a closer. Hell, the FF7 remake was announced in the middle of the show.

It'll be a sneak peek at either God of War 2, Horizon 2 or Spider-Man 2 with a 2021 date attached.

Last edited:
Opening: Horizon Zero Dawn 2

Games I believe they show:
Demon's Souls Remake
Spiderman 2
Elden Ring
Sony Japan Space Game
Call of Duty 2020
Gran Turismo 7

Close out: God of War 2 + Look at box with Release Date/Preorders Open (I hope).

This is going to rock.

Really difficult, For Open I got nothing. But for close I think it will be something that won't be at the launch window, but more 2 years away and graphical intense. HZD is out of the question, same with DES, so I think it will be GoW.

johntown

Banned
Close or open with Demon's Souls. Not really sure which. Elden Ring gameplay could also be a contender for open/close.

Closer - Todd Howard announcing ES6 will now be a full Skyrim Remake.

Fret Runner

Silent Hill as the opening and Horizon sequel as the closer....or God Of War sequel.

Either way, the time has come and so shall we.

hunthunt

Banned
Opening with a full view of the console, Gran Turismo 7, Horizon 2, Demons Soul, finishing with Ratchet and Clank gameplay which looks better than PIXAR movies.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Opening: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge

RACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

Closing: "Hello I am Ken Kutaragi the Father of PrayStation. Please look forward to the new generation"

KAL2006

Banned
Opener
Horizon 2 - Best graphics of the bunch

Closer
3rd party game (COD, FIFA, Harry Potter, Capcom or Square game)

I think they will show off all first party first then move onto a 3rd parties.

They closed with activituon at PS Meeting 2013 and E3 2013 with Destiny.

I actually surprised so many people in this thread think Sony will show first party game at the begining and the end this rarely ever happens do you guys not watch these press conferences or something

Last edited:
Open with Horizon 2, filling includes DeS remake, GT7, spider-Man 2 etc, Lights fade and lightning can be heard, ends with God of War 2.

Last edited:
No idea what will be what but Elden Ring as an opener and Demon Souls remake as a closer would be a great way to bookend things.

Realistically im thinking Gran Turismo 7 opener and Demon souls close.

I highly doubt you will see Elden Ring at PS5 presentation. From Software is more of a Microsoft thing these days (Actually been since Dark Souls 2 days)

Vawn

Banned
I highly doubt you will see Elden Ring at PS5 presentation. From Software is more of a Microsoft thing these days (Actually been since Dark Souls 2 days)

Lol, what? They literally released their next game after Dark Souls 2 exclusively for PlayStation.

Now, Microsoft might be buying marketing with From, but they are still much more closely tied to PlayStation.

Like basically all Japanese games, From games sell significantly better on PlayStation than Xbox.

I don't think we will see anything for Spider-Man, Hod of War, Naughty Dog or Sucker Punch. The last two obviously are releasing massive AAA games this summer. I think Spider-Man and Hod of War are a couple years off and this presentation will be just games expected for release window of PS5.

Last edited:
They will show more gameplay footage of Godfall and show a trailer of HZD 2 and trailer of Gran Turismo 7 and many other 3rd part games Madden 21 Fifa 21 AC Valhalla etc etc.

Last edited:

Abear21

Banned
Open with a look at the console and short Bloodborne trailer touting 60fps and 4K.

Close with Horizon 2 footage with a “launch window” or “Holiday 2020” release.

Lol, what? They literally released their next game after Dark Souls 2 exclusively for PlayStation.

Now, Microsoft might be buying marketing with From, but they are still much more closely tied to PlayStation.

I don't think we will see anything for Spider-Man, Hod of War, Naughty Dog or Sucker Punch. The last two obviously are releasing massive AAA games this summer. I think Spider-Man and Hod of War are a couple years off and this presentation will be just games expected for release window of PS5.

Sekiro was shown 1st time at MS Presser, Dark souls.2 and 3 as well. Elder Ring is also associated with Xbox these days. Plus there is a lot of rumors floating around that From Software will be purchased by Microsoft.

Otogi was also an exclusive Xbox game for the original Xbox developed by From Software back in the early days of 2000s.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Sekiro was shown 1st time at MS Presser, Dark souls.2 and 3 as well. Elder Ring is also associated with Xbox these days. Plus there is a lot of rumors floating around that From Software will be purchased by Microsoft.

Otogi was also an exclusive Xbox game for the original Xbox developed by From Software back in the early days of 2000s.

Lol. There are rumors Microsoft is buying everyone. All BS.

From games PlayStation sales triple or more Xbox sales.

I'm sure they're getting marketing rights with some From games, but that's honestly not making much difference. Most people stick to PlayStation for these games anyway.

saintjules

Opening: Bluepoint Games' title
Closing: I don't think it will be a game but the PS5 design tease, with an announcement of the hardware teardown. My guess would be in July for it. If it was a game, then I'd say HZD2. Will make for a greater impact to end the show rather than starting it.

Last edited:
Lol. There are rumors Microsoft is buying everyone. All BS.

From games PlayStation sales triple or more Xbox sales.

I'm sure they're getting marketing rights with some From games, but that's honestly not making much difference. Most people stick to PlayStation for these games anyway.

Your missing the point dude. The point is that Elder Ring won't be at a PS5 event because Microsoft has the marketing for that game. I highly doubt you will see it at the PS5 event. People stick to whatever platform they want and that's fine, but it doesn't change the fact From Software markets more on Xbox.

And Microsoft buying a Japanese studio is not BS phil stated multiple times they're shopping in Japan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom