• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 price - Seems like MediaMark NL may have leaked it

iconmaster

Banned
Would Sony really charge as much for the full-fat PS5 as MS is charging for the Series X? Maybe I've just been on this forum too long, hearing about the power differential between them.

Faithless83

Banned
That pretty good prices if true.
Sadly I don’t pay these here in Brasil.
I have a friend that may be in the US at the time of release that said he could bring me one...
So it's that or going on a trip to Foz do Iguaçu with a couple of friends early next year when hopefully covid subsides.
Grab a PS5 in Paraguay, check the town and fly back home, a weekend should be more than enough.

For those unaware, people are selling PS4 Pro for around $740 here lately.

John254

Banned
I still don't think Sony can shave price of PS5DE to 399. They would loose ~150 200 dollars on one box which is insane.

I think they will believe that their launch exclusives combo and brand will be enough to carry 499/449 prices

I'd love to see the exact BOM of each console this gen. Would be interesting to see how both Sony and Microsoft leverage hardware to software, from a financial standpoint. ALL companies will be eating this generation.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Crazy the disk version is as expensive as the XSX

Dodkrake

Banned
LMAO 100€ for a disk drive?
That's DOA
For 200€ extra you get 3x powerful GPU + 6GB More RAM + double SSD size + a disk drive on the Series X

Aren't you confusing the PS5 with the Series S?

arent the ppl in europe getting scammed then? or they pay less tax?

Sales tax still external in US though, part of price in EU/UK?

Prices in Europe include VAT (Sales Tax) at around 23% in most countries.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
399/499. USD to EUR is always 1:1

iu

longdi

Banned
With all the digital technology, why are prices getting leak ahead of announcement?

I would think Sony just need to press a button to inform all retailers en masse after they publicly announced the price?

Dodkrake

Banned
If these prices are true:

For 499 you get
  • The faster console of the two top priced consoles with 15% less teraflops and double the IO speed
For 399 you get
  • The same console without a disc drive
For 299 you get
  • A console thats 3x less less powerful than the most powerful with the same slower IO.
For those looking for cost benefit, the Digital PS5 would be the logical choice.

Gamereactor also said its sources told them Xbox Series x was 599

If these prices are true:

For 499 you get
  • The faster console of the two top priced consoles with 15% less teraflops and double the IO speed
For 399 you get
  • The same console without a disc drive
For 299 you get
  • A console thats 3x less less powerful than the most powerful with the same slower IO.
For those looking for cost benefit, the Digital PS5 would be the logical choice.

This comment won't age well

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Google translate is your friend:

"Rumor has it that it varies by version. For example, the digital version of the PS5 would cost € 399 and the normal version € 499. Since Sony has not made any official announcements yet, it is still speculation what it will actually cost."

Fake

Idc what they lose if Ican get a all digital for $399 lol

Digital Foundry made a video about that. Explain how Sony can make money for take the loss of hardware sales.

Youre talking about a console generation that essentially "cheaped out" on the hardware. Its no where near the same value youre getting now.

AMD over time reduce the prices of components. I not saying will be close or less longer than PS4, but maybe 2 years or more Sony could get profit selling hardware.
The point is if Sony really want to take that loss like PS4 have. BTW, when PS4 was launch Sony didn't even have those 'online' programs for making profit and reduce the impact of the hardware loss like he have today. Playstation Now for example.

Its up to them.

Last edited:

RasAlGhoul

I’m continually entertained by how many of you can’t wrap your heads around a 399.99 digital only version. Assuming the drive is 100 dollars. No you dunces. They will just take a steeper loss on a digital version because they will make it back on forced digital only purchases.

Top Bottom