• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 price - Seems like MediaMark NL may have leaked it

nordique

I just want a cheap price in Canada lol

Microsoft is actually taking a hit on pricing here, the Xbox series x is about 450$ USD which is huge for Canadian gamers.

am hoping for parity w series x here and if trade in deals are good, I’m so in

I know we’re a smaller market and negligible on a global pricing structure scale but for me as a consumer in Canada, that’s important

Last edited:
D1zqwXS.jpg

449€ disc 4K

399€ digital

I can't see them charging $100 more for a disk drive. That would be robbery.

If that price leak is true, I don't think it's robbery.

As everyone has explained already, Sony is taking loss for both $499 disc and $399 disc-less. It's just that Sony is willing to take more loss for the Digital Edition because of higher ROI.

I'd go for blu-ray edition as well, and knowing that I'd pay lesser than how much it actually cost to make, I can't say there's anything to complain about.

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

If that price leak is true, I don't think it's robbery.

As everyone has explained already, Sony is taking loss for both $499 disc and $399 disc-less. It's just that Sony is willing to take more loss for the Digital Edition because of higher ROI.

I'd go for blu-ray edition as well, and knowing that I'd pay lesser than how much it actually cost to make, I can't say there's anything to complain about.
That's a way to spin it lol

I don't see it happening though, find out on launch day when the announce the price.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Sony is NOT charging $100 more for the disk drive!!! This has been discussed ad infinitum. Sony is charging $100 LESS for the PS5 digital. It's called a "Loss lead."
The distinction isn't really important. If the prices are true and the only difference is the presence of the drive then Sony is, in fact, charging $100 more for only the drive.

TLZ

Banned
Sony is NOT charging $100 more for the disk drive!!! This has been discussed ad infinitum. Sony is charging $100 LESS for the PS5 digital. It's called a "Loss lead."
The distinction isn't really important. If the prices are true and the only difference is the presence of the drive then Sony is, in fact, charging $100 more for only the drive.
You're both right btw. One of you sees it from the corporate's POV, and the other from a customer's POV.

Top Bottom