• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Scalpers are actually doing me a favour tbh

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
The UK received a load of PS5 stock on Wednesday and within an hour it had all been snapped up and in the hands of a lucky few, but the majority was no doubt snapped up by what we all refer to simply as "cunts", heck snaggin a PS5 has become like hens teeth ffs unless you're one of the mugs prepared to spend over £7-800 off Ebay and lets be honest here those people are also cunts cause they are feeding into this fucking problem which has no end in sight.

The only good sign to take from this, for me personally is that if I could easily snag one online i probably would've bought it and would be simply playing last gen games on it as there's nothing new out that interests me and I'm not liking what I'm reading about coil whine either.

So by the time this shite sorts itself out, we could end up purchasing a hardware revision or a version that has addressed the coil whine and actually has some decent games for it... (yes i know Souls is meant to be insane, but that sorta game is not for me) so take some solace in that, I know I'm trying too!

Anki

Banned
I am in the same boat, i am considering getting a switch so i can catch up on nintendo games i have missed. I will get ps5 as soon they are readily available in stores.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yeah, I got one launch day and I've been saying this to people who are struggling - I had a really fun first week with mine, but you can absolutely wait to get one. DeS is incredible, but a remake is a remake, Miles Morales and Sackboy are on PS4, and Astro is awesome, but it's a short controller demo / nostalgia trip. You really don't need to kill yourself trying to get a PS5 right now for that.

A colleague managed to snag one for his kids, and they literally just play Fortnite on it. He's gutted that he didn't just sell it for a few bob more instead, they wouldn't care, they'd still be playing nothing but Fortnite on PS4 anyway.

cormack12

Gold Member
Yeah, I got one launch day and I've been saying this to people who are struggling - I had a really fun first week with mine, but you can absolutely wait to get one. DeS is incredible, but a remake is a remake, Miles Morales and Sackboy are on PS4, and Astro is awesome, but it's a short controller demo / nostalgia trip. You really don't need to kill yourself trying to get a PS5 right now for that.

A colleague managed to snag one for his kids, and they literally just play Fortnite on it. He's gutted that he didn't just sell it for a few bob more instead, they wouldn't care, they'd still be playing nothing but Fortnite on PS4 anyway.

This is the best take. Just wait it out, there's nothing that is a console seller yet. The patches are welcome in some games, but things like Legion still look like ass while people argue over quality of RT etc. The 60fps is sweet in Valhalla.

You about to get hit with Kena, Destruction All-Stars, Returnal, REVIII, Deathloop etc within the span of a few months. People want the ride which is why we're getting all these cope threads (no offense to OP as someone that sympathizes).

Last edited:
Mine doesn't have this coil whine issue thank Christ. Is ithe coil whine starting to be the norm?
People with coil whine will complain and make their voice heard, rightfully. Those that do not have it will not. So which one do you hear?
I have a loud disc drive, that is my particular issue.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
You about to get hit with Kena, Destruction All-Stars, Returnal, REVIII, Deathloop etc within the span of a few months. People want the ride which is why we're getting all these cope threads (no offense to OP).

I really doubt many people are desperately trying to get a PS5 for All-Stars, and after that Returnal is the closest one with a date, and it's still two months away. The system itself has only been out about for two months as it is. Again, these games are going nowhere, stock will keep coming, it's all a matter of patience and not caving to people charging £800 on eBay.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Isn't Sony gonna have much more PS5 stock coming this year? I'm guessing March?

I really doubt many people are desperately trying to get a PS5 for All-Stars, and after that Returnal is the closest one with a date, and it's still two months away. The system itself has only been out about for two months as it is. Again, these games are going nowhere, stock will keep coming, it's all a matter of patience and not caving to people charging £800 on eBay.
Ohh sure but the hardcore don't wanna be late to the party reading on forums how much fun those that got PS5's are having. It's psychological.

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Sony ME should give them a lesson, tie each console to your name and phone number with in-store only preorders. You can still get a PS5 if you cared to here. Scalpers here are struggling to sell for $700, and they don't have that much consoles to begin with.
I read today that Game in the UK are now doing one console to one name and address or something along those lines.

farmerboy

The UK received a load of PS5 stock on Wednesday and within an hour it had all been snapped up and in the hands of a lucky few, but the majority was no doubt snapped up by what we all refer to simply as "cunts", heck snaggin a PS5 has become like hens teeth ffs unless you're one of the mugs prepared to spend over £7-800 off Ebay and lets be honest here those people are also cunts cause they are feeding into this fucking problem which has no end in sight.

The only good sign to take from this, for me personally is that if I could easily snag one online i probably would've bought it and would be simply playing last gen games on it as there's nothing new out that interests me and I'm not liking what I'm reading about coil whine either.

So by the time this shite sorts itself out, we could end up purchasing a hardware revision or a version that has addressed the coil whine and actually has some decent games for it... (yes i know Souls is meant to be insane, but that sorta game is not for me) so take some solace in that, I know I'm trying too!
Its helped me avoid buying a 2020 tv. By the time I get a ps5, the 2021 tvs will also be available and they're a little better across the board.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I read today that Game in the UK are now doing one console to one name and address or something along those lines.

That's how you do it, Sony Middle-east demanded that for early batches (no addresses though) and it's still going. They tried online preorders for the 1st day and all been gone and preorders were resold for 7000 Qatari Rials ($1922.68 USD) in Qatar!!! But they quickly cancelled those preorders, as been told, and made it in-store with your name and phone number and pay full amount upfront. Preordered like 6 days after it was open and got mine day one.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

Cunts ffs cunts fucking shite. Still no ps5

ANIMAL1975

I'm in the waiting for availability train too. In my closest store, in the area i live in Portugal, they told me that maybe in the end of February or some time in March the crazy could be over and they became available in store. That's just perfect, gives me some more time to get some money aside and sell my ps4... and it's my birthday on the 22nd so, perfect excuse for the wife who has already been stealth psychological prepared for _ we don't give each other stuff in Christmas for some time, it's already a bankruptcy with the kids, the son and nephews, but she was having problems with her cell phone (low memory, freezes) so i totally surprised her with a new redmi note 9 out of nowhere.... What's the expression? Buttered and ready for the oven?...

Last edited:
Its helped me avoid buying a 2020 tv. By the time I get a ps5, the 2021 tvs will also be available and they're a little better across the board.
Yeah, since Sony removed any info that Bravia 2020 tv's will have VRR and ALLM - XH90 model was it? Also it has blurry issues at 120 fps. But apparently we will be getting it still but in the 'future update". So it's better to wait for new 2021 TV's and widely available PS5 - until all of this will sort out, maybe 2020 tv's will be fixed then too. I'm just playing what I can on my PS4 Pro and not giving in to this scalpers since PS5 doesn't have that much games to begin with. FYI, in Poland we too have scalpers - and only online purchases, it all sells out mostly in the matter of minutes. I've only could walk into one store (because of pandemic) with electronics and there was Xbox Series X for a purchase but not PS5. PlayStation was always stronger than Xbox in Poland, so it's not surprising.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

nah i pulled the trigger on a 2020 LGCX for £1300 and dont regret it one bit, the 2021 tv's look nice an all but not the leap that interests me, plus proper next gen tv's are still a few years away, seriously though i would consider a CX its an insane TV and has all the future proofing you need

Malakhov

Banned
Sony ME should give them a lesson, tie each console to your name and phone number with in-store only preorders. You can still get a PS5 if you cared to here. Scalpers here are struggling to sell for $700, and they don't have that much consoles to begin with.
Which scalpers are struggling to sell? They all sell for 1000-1100$ here locally for a disc drive which is 300-400$ above retail. Literally gone in minutes on facebook market

bender

What time is it?
nwfdc1q.gif

NeoGiffer

Someone gift OP a damn PS5.

4b0lec.jpg

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I'll be excited to get one as soon as there's couple of game I really want. A new PSVR and REVillage VR would be it.

420bits

I get that scalpers are a problem regardless of what they are "scalping" but no, the majority of ps5s are NOT bought by scalpers.

Just because "you" failed to get one and there's like 20 posts on your local FB market doesn't mean that every single ps5 was bought by a scalper. Its a fucking dumb argument and simply not true but it keeps on repeating "I DIDNT GET A PS5, FUCKING SCALPERS!"

Sure, if you live in a smaller town and perhaps not even have a gamestore of some sorts, then the local "Steves TV / Meat & Tailoring business" and the 2 ex they got, were bought by scalpers.
But apart from that, no, the majority of Amazons stock wasn't bought by scalpers, i don't have any numbers to prove it but neither does the other part that claims "FUCKING SCALPERS!!". But even if there were 100k ps5s on ebay, thats still nothing when you compare it to the ~5mil or whatever they sold in 2 months.

Here is my take on it.

If you produced any form of electronics in 2019 / 2020 regardless of it was a chip, psu, cpu, a transistor or whatever it may be that you will find in "electronic device X" you will probably feel some delays and that was known for the better part of 2020.
Entire factories stood still and couldn't produce anything, suppliers had the same problem, we had shipping problem all over the world and that shit piles up even if you are Microsoft, Samsung or Sony or any other HUGE company.
I've had an order stuck in UK for 2 months now.

So in Sony / MS-world - they couldn't make enough for a launch to meet the demand, it's that simple.
It's not the scalpers fault, its just how things seem to work in a pandemic, kinda new situation for all of us.

Be angry or disappointed that "you" didn't a PS5 or Xbox at launch but blame fucking covid instead of some random fucktard who bought 20 ps5s to resell them and you saw a post about it on reddit.

assurdum

Banned
Kinda agree. Launch consoles are problematic, it's always happened to me. I hope when ps5 is finally available for everyone, most of the issues will be solved

Last edited:

NinjaBoiX

I’m just in no rush whatsoever, even if they were readily available. There’s barely anything new to play on them, and I have literally hundreds of games in my backlog to play.

Might well be revision time when I get around to picking one up.

I mean if you actually had wanted one there was plenty to get when preorders came up. So I'm glad you're fine with waiting. Don't expect any revisions for a while though bud.

Unknown?

This is the best take. Just wait it out, there's nothing that is a console seller yet. The patches are welcome in some games, but things like Legion still look like ass while people argue over quality of RT etc. The 60fps is sweet in Valhalla.
This reeks of bitterness. There are great games for it. Way better than PS4 and 3 at launch. So what if some of then are crossgen? If you're getting a PS5, games being cross gen is irrelevant, especially if you never had a PS4.

cormack12

Gold Member
This reeks of bitterness. There are great games for it. Way better than PS4 and 3 at launch. So what if some of then are crossgen? If you're getting a PS5, games being cross gen is irrelevant, especially if you never had a PS4.

How is it bitter lol? I have a PS5 and XSX. The OP is right, there is literally no rush to go and buy a console except FOMO. There is no patch that elevates any of the games to exceptional

Top Bottom