• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: God of War 1 and 2 HD are free on US PS+

Yep they fixed it.

aE0Kgzf.jpg

snitching-rayco.jpg

Holy crap this is awesome. I never really played through the God of War series slowly and in it's entirety like I have with other games. Gonna enjoy the crap out of these particular freebies.

Edit: Wow fuck snitches lol

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I got them in my cart a few hours ago for free but can't for the life of me figure out how to download them on my ps3.

Da fuck?

You purchased them correct?

On your PS3:
Account Management > Transaction Management > Download List > Get both Games to start, "Download Background"

Why do games download so quickly from from the Playstation Store on my Vita, yet crawl on PS3? I started downloaded 2 hours ago and GOW1 is only at 2%...

:-\

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why do games download so quickly from from the Playstation Store on my Vita, yet crawl on PS3? I started downloaded 2 hours ago and GOW1 is only at 2%...

Earn more Trophies... Secret Sauce!
Join the Darkside, we do things in absolution, so our speeds are moving in ludicrous speed

Alex

Vita smokes the PS3 (well, every other console really) in speed at pretty much everything, it's OS is just much more modern and thoughtfully designed around resources and expectations.

I expect the new two consoles to just be basically instant at doing whatever, akin to a good tablet.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Someone is going to get a stern talking too, they are lucky it wasnt a 3rd party game this happened to.

Info on Infamous Second Son, Drive, KZS, Knack, three Indie titles and now 'accidentally' putting up 2 extra free games ... All in the same month the 720 reveal is supposedly taking place? Handy don't you think?

Good move if you ask me.

'Accident'? Yeah, that's what they'll say so that PS+ owners don't expect it all the time.

Vita smokes the PS3 (well, every other console really) in speed at pretty much everything, it's OS is just much more modern and thoughtfully designed around resources and expectations.

I expect the new two consoles to just be basically instant at doing whatever, akin to a good tablet.

Yea, I love my brother's 3DS but I just got a Vita 2 days ago... I'm blown away at how well thought out everything is. Shaping up to be my fave modern gaming OS.

Gadirok

I already own them on disc (still haven't played them) but wouldn't mind having a PS+ copy of them.

Too bad I missed out on it, but the fact that they were PS+ downloads doesn't make me feel as bad.

If it weren't locked to PS+ and locked access to the account I would be kicking myself right now for missing out on it.

Right now its pretty much meh.

I have a feeling they might be going for free in June anyways.

whitehawk

Banned

I have the exact opposite problem. Although it's still going pretty slow. 2.5 hours later and GOW2 is at 74%.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I already own them on disc (still haven't played them) but wouldn't mind having a PS+ copy of them.

Too bad I missed out on it, but the fact that they were PS+ downloads doesn't make me feel as bad.

If it weren't locked to PS+ and locked access to the account I would be kicking myself right now for missing out on it.

Right now its pretty much meh.

I have a feeling they might be going for free in June anyways.

It won't be, because it was just on sale. You don't expect to have a game just on sale to be given for free anytime soon.

Gadirok

It won't be, because it was just on sale. You don't expect to have a game just on sale to be given for free anytime soon.

Haha, where have you been when they had Infamous 2 up for sale, along with Just Cause 2, and Tomb Raider collection when they opened up a new category on the store for "Complete Bundles/Collections" a week before the E3 conference where they unveiled the Instant Game collection.

Or I think it was a week before Retro City Rampage went on PS+ they had it on sale.

They've done it countless times but the biggest backlash was during the week before IGC last june. The love of the instant game collection and increased flux of new users created a flood of positive reception that definitely drowned that minority who paid for some of those bundles, and were carried away by the new PS+ offerings.

Epic Drop

dammit, i just missed it ;( Ive never played through these before either, but i guess that i must not want to too bad if i havent bought them yet.

A lot of people think this was just sony getting the two titles "ready" to be upcoming new free titles, maybe even the year long ones. Not sure.

Anyone who get em for free actually download them and play it? I'm downloading them now but I would be so sad if they were deactivated because it was a bug.

Drago

Seriously though what is the point of the exclusives tab for PS+ on the store? All it does is house the GoW HD remakes.

Only reason I went in there was out of curiosity and bam, GoW1 and 2 were free.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Anyone who get em for free actually download them and play it? I'm downloading them now but I would be so sad if they were deactivated because it was a bug.

I actually downloaded the full game trial yesterday (so the one hour already expired), and I started GOW2 just fine today. Yea, I think the full game is unlocked.

Maybe it was a glitch after all, lol.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if these were supposed to be free on Plus in the future and they accidentally made them available early. Who knows, they might come back.

Top Bottom