• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA - Granblue Fantasy is finally available in English! Also SFV Collab coming!

kiryogi

Banned
In today's update on Granblue Fantasy, they have finally released the much heralded English text option

What is Granblue Fantasy? This is the popular blockbuster Smartphone RPG for iOS/Android/PC, now at over 11 million downloads. With character design by Ex Final Fantasy veteran Hideo Minaba, and music composed by Tsutomu Narita of the Earthbound papas along with renown composer Nobuo Uematsu.

For more details, check out the Granblue Fantasy OT or music topic!

OT - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1191278
Music - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1192873

Unfortunately, this is not available on any Global App stores.

You can either get it on Android/iOS via Qooapp, or just use the ChromeApp.
Rixa's English Option Guide:

1. Click Menu
GBFEng1.PNG

2. Click Brown button with 2 wheels (settings)
GBFEng2.PNG

3. Click bottom blue button with / Language
GBFEng3.PNG

4. Click upper blue button (choose English) and after that click "Save changes"
GBFEng4.PNG

ALSO, in light of the release of Street Fighter V globally, starting April 15, Street Fighter is back in Granblue Fighter V, guest starring Rashid and Karin! With Ryu and Chunli returning as well!

It'll be kind of funny if GBF has more of a arcade mode than SFV itself. :D

Pejo

I'll just wait for global release. Misleading yet accurate thread title :\

Yea this bummed me out too. I really want to give this a try, but not enough to go through that guide just to download the game and make an account.

Hopefully this means a global release isn't too far off.

kiryogi

Banned
Those seem pretty removable from an international release though.

And two of those seem really easy to get for the West.

There's also the matter of how well global releases have gone. See Rage of Bahamut Global and Chain Chronicle Global. Shut down in a year.

This is probably the best solution licensing wise and longevity wise, while expanding to the west along with a single unified server.

We're also talking about dozens of voice actors from different studios and agreements. Given PxZ did it, CyGames could just be taking a cheaper route here.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There's also the matter of how well global releases have gone. See Rage of Bahamut Global and Chain Chronicle Global. Shut down in a year.

This is probably the best solution licensing wise and longevity wise, while expanding to the west along with a single unified server.

We're also talking about dozens of voice actors from different studios and agreements. Given PxZ did it, CyGames could just be taking a cheaper route here.

This is a solution that will attract a very small number of people who weren't already playing for the cost of an expensive, ongoing localization.

They'd be better off just burning their money since at least that's only a one time fee.

kiryogi

Banned
This is a solution that will attract a very small number of people who weren't already playing for the cost of an expensive, ongoing localization.

They'd be better off just burning their money since at least that's only a one time fee.

Hey, I'm all for it hitting the west proper :with a single server, because a int server will die a fast death: but until then, this is what CyGames has decided in its own kooky way.

Looks like Monster Strike died on the West too. I don't know how you can fathom them not taking this approach.

Top Bottom