• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 02/14/08

eznark

Banned
Wollan said:
Three levels + breaks at tribal home. I played through it in 15-20min.

I got the physical one at gamestop and was wondering if it was over, or what I was supposed to do at one point. Does it actually end and I missed something?

Wollan

This demo actually lets you save at the end so I guess you can skip the first three levels in the full game.

After saving it goes through some info slides and back to main menu again.

eznark

Banned
Wollan said:
This demo actually lets you save at the end so I guess you can skip the first three levels in the full game.

After saving it goes through some info slides and back to main menu again.

hmm, gotta play through it again then, figure out how in the world this game can be too complicated for me.

Ranger X

eznark said:
How much content is in the Patapon demo?

It also unlock a unique weapon that you will be able to use also in the full game. You will not be able to unlock it with the full game i mean.

Jim

Jtrizzy said:
So we can't play this demo on the PS3 correct?

It's a PSP game. You can't play PSP games on a PS3. period.

This is exactly why they don't put actual PSP games and demos on the PS3 PS Store.

Goldrusher

Jim said:
eh? There's store.playstation.com and the PS Store on the PS3, and it uses the same login. They just leave the PSP specific items on the PC Store, and the PS3 specific ones on the PS3 store. It's not that hard to deal with.

Holy shit. You're right.

I thought the PC store memorised your "country choice" and it's pretty much impossible - have to delete cookies and such - to switch from a European to the American store or back for example.
However, as it turns out, you only need to login with the e-mail/pass from your PS3 account and it automatically sends you to the correct store.

Wonderful. Not hard at all.

Remy

Jim said:

This is exactly why they don't put actual PSP games and demos on the PS3 PS Store.

The first part is very true, but the second part isn't - they have put PSP games and demos on the PS3 PS Store. I downloaded the Ape Quest demo a few weeks ago and it's sitting on my PS3 waiting to be transferred to my PSP.

I think I was also able to download Beats (which I purchased via the PC Store) from my download history and keep it on my PS3 for re-installing.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Jim said:

One thing to note though is that if you download demos off the PC PS Store, it will show up in your download list on the PS3.

Edit: Remy's faster than Flash.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jim said:

I think they did for Patapon in Japan. But yeah, I get the point about why they have a dedicated PC store for that.

Hopefully when the PSP emulator comes out... ;P

Jim

Remy said:
The first part is very true, but the second part isn't - they have put PSP games and demos on the PS3 PS Store. I downloaded the Ape Quest demo a few weeks ago and it's sitting on my PS3 waiting to be transferred to my PSP.

I think I was also able to download Beats (which I purchased via the PC Store) from my download history and keep it on my PS3 for re-installing.

Yep.. you can re-download via the PS3, which is a nice touch. As a general rule, they definitely try not to mix them. They have on occasion though as mentioned.

I can see them getting some sort of PSP emu one day, but 272p games blown up to 1080p is going to be a bit underwhelming. :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jim said:
Yep.. you can re-download via the PS3, which is a nice touch. As a general rule, they definitely try not to mix them. They have on occasion though as mentioned.

I can see them getting some sort of PSP emu one day, but 272p games blown up to 1080p is going to be a bit underwhelming. :)

It really depends on the emulator. If it upscales the actual resolution of games... just look at the official "HD" images of GOW:COO for example.

Also, dont forget what PS1 emulators did on PC to PS1 games ;)

Oneself

TTP said:
It really depends on the emulator. If it upscales the actual resolution of games... just look at the official "HD" images of GOW:COO for example.

Also, dont forget what PS1 emulators did on PC to PS1 games ;)

Yeah :( Compared to what PS1 emulation does on PS3....

Kweh

Holy shit, this downloading to your PSP via PC from the store is pretty cool. Never really done it before.

I think it is interesting that the PSN PC store in the UK lists nine of the top ten downloaded items as purchaseable products (PSP Games, PSOne Games, and addons) while all of the top ten in the US store is freebies (demos, wallpaper, themes).

Americans are cheapskates! :lol

M3wThr33

Banned
Dammit. I brought my PSP to work today to connect when the USA store goes up, but I can't connect to my PS3. (It's worked before)

I'll see what's up when I get home.
(I'm guessing because I unplugged it and plugged it back in, but didn't power it on since then, and that's needed for Wake-on-Lan)

Oneself said:
I don't want to be an ass, but read the thread. It's only 2 pages long.
You took too long to be an ass. I downloaded it in the mean time.

They ruined the game as a feared, soundtrack ain't as good, the voice acting is the worst part however... meh... I'll either import it or not buy it at all.

Wow the PC store is amazing I just singed in with my euro account (EuroBloke) lol downloaded the manager it asked me to connect my psp then it downloads straight to the psp! cool
btutterrow said:
I think it is interesting that the PSN PC store in the UK lists nine of the top ten downloaded items as purchaseable products (PSP Games, PSOne Games, and addons) while all of the top ten in the US store is freebies (demos, wallpaper, themes).

Americans are cheapskates! :lol
:lol

sk3tch

So Patapon will be up later tonight (around 6PM ET)? The standard update time? I'm on store.playstation.com and it's not up, yet...so I'm hoping I'm not blind and it will be later. :)

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Now to find out how to get patapon on my psp, since im euro i dunno if i can access the PSP store on my pc :S

edit:
Metalmurphy said:
PSP games are now available via the PS3 as well.

nevermind :lol

Wollan

Metalmurphy said:
PSP games are now available via the PS3 as well.
Only for redownload.
There have been one or two exceptions but that's not the rule.

Edit: Or from a specific folder perhaps?

Tiduz said:
Now to find out how to get patapon on my psp, since im euro i dunno if i can access the PSP store on my pc :S

edit:

nevermind :lol
You could still download it on the PC Store if you wanted. You use the same PSN login as the PS3 so you just had to delete the cookies and login with ur US account.

Wollan said:
Only for redownload.
There have been one or two exceptions but that's not the rule.

Edit: Or from a specific folder perhaps?
No, they're listed on the store and you can buy them there as well. At least on the Euro store.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Ok, I've gotta get hoppin' on upgrading my OEwhatever PSPhat stat. Patapon demo, here we come.

store0214.jpg

I love the way this game looks. I don't even know what it is.

Wollan

Metalmurphy said:
No, they're listed on the store and you can buy them there as well. At least on the Euro store.
I can't find anything to be honest.
Are you thinking of PSOne games?

Wollan said:
I can't find anything to be honest.
Are you thinking of PSOne games?
No. PSP games, and I was mistaken, it's not the Euro store, it's the US Store. Go to the 3rd page of the main menu, there's a 'PSP Games' folder.

*edit* There's a 'PSP Games' folder on the 'Games' tab as well.

Vashu

Tiduz, you can connect your PSP to your PC right? The demo is on the Euro PC Store too now, so do it!

Oh, and Tanod. The Guitar Hero Pack is 5.49 Euro I believe. Not sure, will update when home.

PS: Patapon is AWESOME!

Firewire

Banned
Hey guys I just purchased a PSP Daxter back minutes ago.

I purchased Wipeout Pulse & I have the Chains of Olympus demo, definitely getting the Patapon demo today.

Anyways can you guys recommend some PSP games or demo's from PSN?

Firewire said:

I purchased Wipeout Pulse & I have the Chains of Olympus demo, definitely getting the Patapon demo today.

Buy Beats for sure.

Ape Quest is ok, not worth the price. Get the demo tho.

I heard Go!Puzzle was a good deal for the price but i haven't played it yet.

You can buy Wipeout Pure for around $10 on the PSN, but you will have your hands full with Pulse :)

get the Syphon Filter demo also!

Firewire

Banned
btutterrow said:
Buy Beats for sure.

Ape Quest is ok, not worth the price. Get the demo tho.

You can buy Wipeout Pure for around $10 on the PSN, but you will have your hands full with Pulse :)

Whats Beats?

Also is the extra content available for Pulse on PSN, I thought I read about that somewhere?

Thanks allot for the help, I really appreciate it!

Dante

Firewire said:

Beats is a pretty good value.

Firewire said:
Whats Beats?

Also is the extra content available for Pulse on PSN, I thought I read about that somewhere?

Thanks allot for the help, I really appreciate it!

Beats is a rhythm game that uses your own MP3s from your memory card. You can also mix songs.

Pulse content is available in the UK store. I think there are 2 packs so far. None in the US stor eto my knowledge.

Firewire

Banned
btutterrow said:
Beats is a rhythm game that uses your own MP3s from your memory card. You can also mix songs.

Pulse content is available in the UK store. I think there are 2 packs so far. None in the US stor eto my knowledge.

Awesome thanks!

dankir

Patapon demo!!!!

So I just use the remote capabilites and I can download it to my PSP? Or do I have download and transfer it via USB?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
btutterrow said:
I heard Go!Puzzle was a good deal for the price but i haven't played it yet.
Go! Puzzle isn't a great value for the price, IMO. It's basically the PS3 game scaled down, minus online MP, but it's the same price. So, it should really be offered at a reduced price,relative to the PS3 version. Lack of online also exposes a missed opportunity to allow PS3 version and PSP version owners to play against each other.

I3rand0

Ok, just so this is clarified, PSP games that are on the PSN Store for PS3 can be downloaded to the PS3 console but cannot actually be played on them, correct?

Top Bottom