• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 02/14/08

KZObsessed

I downloaded Riff: Everyday Shooter and it's fucking awesome! Im not even a big fan of top down shooters but daaaamn its gorgeous.

I find it controls better using the face buttons rather than the analogue stick which means it would definitely work on PSP. Make it happen Sony!

EDIT: omg Crisis Core trailer! :O :O :D

Downloading Patapon demo now.

kaching said:
Go! Puzzle isn't a great value for the price, IMO. It's basically the PS3 game scaled down, minus online MP, but it's the same price. So, it should really be offered at a reduced price,relative to the PS3 version. Lack of online also exposes a missed opportunity to allow PS3 version and PSP version owners to play against each other.

Gotcha. I don't own a PS3 yet so I never played that version. How would you compare the value of those 3 games portable for $5 if you never played the PS3 version?

tanod

when is my burrito
I3rand0 said:
Ok, just so this is clarified, PSP games that are on the PSN Store for PS3 can be downloaded to the PS3 console but cannot actually be played on them, correct?
Correct

dankir said:
So I just use the remote capabilites and I can download it to my PSP? Or do I have download and transfer it via USB?

You can't transfer files from your PS3 to PSP via remote play. You have to connect via USB.

I3rand0 said:
Ok, just so this is clarified, PSP games that are on the PSN Store for PS3 can be downloaded to the PS3 console but cannot actually be played on them, correct?

Yup, there is no way to play a PSP game on PS3.

Firewire

Banned
tanod said:
Correct

You can't transfer files from your PS3 to PSP via remote play. You have to connect via USB.

Do you use a standard USB cable, or do you use the one for charging the sixaxis? Also, you know that feature that allow you to play PSP games on your T.V. is there a special cable you need to buy? Or is it included in the Slim Daxter pack? (Haven't opened it up yet!)

Also does any Memory stick work with the slim?

tanod

when is my burrito
Firewire said:
Do you use a standard USB cable, or do you use the one for charging the sixaxis? Also, you know that feature that allow you to play PSP games on your T.V. is there a special cable you need to buy? Or is it included in the Slim Daxter pack? (Haven't opened it up yet!)

Also does any Memory stick work with the slim?

The cable I use is the same as the one I use for charging the SIXAXIS (although I use a 6' USB cable I had before for other reasons).

Video out cable is sold separately.

Any memory stick pro duo works just fine.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
btutterrow said:
Gotcha. I don't own a PS3 yet so I never played that version. How would you compare the value of those 3 games portable for $5 if you never played the PS3 version?
Most people don't seem to particularly like the Aquatica game and I can't say I'm much of a fan either. At least on the PS3 you had the option of buying each one separately for less, but on the PSP they're bundled together without that option. So it's likely to be a bit of a hit or miss package.

noonche

btutterrow said:

- The falling block one (Aquatica?) sucks. It's really really bad.
- The one where you flip blocks around is a ton of fun multiplayer, but not much fun at all single player.
- The tower one is so awesome.

Firewire

Banned
tanod said:
The cable I use is the same as the one I use for charging the SIXAXIS (although I use a 6' USB cable I had before for other reasons).

Video out cable is sold separately.

Any memory stick pro duo works just fine.

Is it worthwhile to get the cable to play PSP on you're T.V.?

Does it look good or are the images pixelated and stuff?

Firewire said:
Is it worthwhile to get the cable to play PSP on you're T.V.?

Does it look good or are the images pixelated and stuff?

I am glad I got the cable for when I want to play on my home TV. The pixellation isn't too bad, but it has a black border around the whole image (for games, not the XMB or movies) which is annoying. I don't mind top and bottom bars, but i feel like I am watching through a telescope with them all the way around. It is still worth it on occassions tho.

Firewire

Banned
btutterrow said:
I am glad I got the cable for when I want to play on my home TV. The pixellation isn't too bad, but it has a black border around the whole image (for games, not the XMB or movies) which is annoying. I don't mind top and bottom bars, but i feel like I am watching through a telescope with them all the way around. It is still worth it on occassions tho.

I think I can live with that, how much does the cable go for?

tanod

when is my burrito
Pristine_Condition said:
Still no PSP Store downloader for Mac OS X users yet.

So no Pattapon Demo for me. :(

...fix this ASAP, Sony! Grrrrrrr!

:KittonwyAngryFace.gif

It'll be up on the PS3 store today. Also, you can go to any old PC, log into your account at store.playstation.com and buy anything you want. Then, when you go to your PS3 download list, all the PSP stuff you bought is there.

Rolf NB

The Everybody's Golf demo was good fun. I like it much more than the more realistic golf games. I think some Tiger Woods demo was the last one I tried, and that just didn't do anything for me. MNG is nicely accessible, and just as complex as it needs to be. Probably won't buy (definitely not at full price), but I can respect it for what it does.

MLB 08 The Show Demo 1036mb
Punk Pack 2 $5.49
-Complete Control
-Teenage Lobotomy
-Truth Hits Everybody

LBP Create-A-Level Trailer
Super Stardust HD Theme
MLB 08 RTTS Tutorial Video
Conflict:OD Diary 2 and 3
Turok Creatures Trailer
Turok Weapons Trailer
Burnout Accolade Trailer
THPG-Launch Trailer
The Ruins Trailer

PSP Demo
Patapon

UMD Legacy Game
Twisted Metal: Head On

;o

Dante

DMPrince said:
MLB 08 The Show Demo 1036mb
Punk Pack 2 $5.49
-Complete Control
-Teenage Lobotomy
-Truth Hits Everybody

LBP Create-A-Level Trailer
Super Stardust HD Theme
MLB 08 RTTS Tutorial Video
Conflict:OD Diary 2 and 3
Turok Creatures Trailer
Turok Weapons Trailer
Burnout Accolade Trailer
THPG-Launch Trailer
The Ruins Trailer

PSP Demo
Patapon

UMD Legacy Game
Twisted Metal: Head On

;o

Quite a few for me, although was hoping for a PSOne game more specifically Alpha :(

decon

Eh? The new Wipeout Pulse pack is "only" £2.99, the first one was £3.49 :S? Still overpriced but at least they listen to what people say. Make it £1,5 then we can talk.

psp version of MLB 08 isn't so bad. ;o

crowded looks a bit flat. flat i mean paper like :lol
but other than that the player model looks good [can't compare from last year since i never played it]

the best thing about baseball games is throwing the ball at the batter :lol

Throwing the ball at their head = awesome.

sk3tch

This little web download interface for the PSP is pretty sweet. I just grabbed the demos for Patapon and MLB 08.

I can't wait until the PSP has it's own store that you can access.

FYI, here are direct download links for those interested:

MLB 08 PSP -
145MB

Patapon PSP -
39.8MB

To get those URLs, I just opened the XPD file in Notepad.

This is what the contents looks like:

Code:
[Info]
EID=pngc
Desc=PATAPON™ Demo
Size=41762416

[File]
C=http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/UP9000/UCUS98721_00/Be00wocvcQAe5KgtHJsU3rSQnDRNdMYqokU9B2gD8LMn3ntUsdevCE3teUHw1mfymUcnSUv5GTInsnVxhx7c1D7yL95vwVbGLMJvp.pkg

[DrmPNPD]
AID=*edited out for safety*
CID=UP9000-UCUS98721_00-PATAPONPSNDEMO08
LID=email@email.com
EPW=*edited out...although it was encrypted*
CA=https://store.playstation.com/cap.m

[DrmMGN]
T2=http://sclock.ww.np.community.playstation.net/mgntt/get

EDIT: the downloads are .PKG files, which actually may be useless unless you have the PLAYSTATION(R) Network Downloader. However, here's where the downloader dumped MLB 08 in case you want to mess with them:

2usvifa.jpg

tanod said:
It'll be up on the PS3 store today. Also, you can go to any old PC, log into your account at store.playstation.com and buy anything you want. Then, when you go to your PS3 download list, all the PSP stuff you bought is there.

Cool, so what you are saying is I can use my mac to go to the website and make my purchase, then do the actual download/install via my PS3 through the Download List?

If so...AWESOME, and thanks!

Pristine_Condition said:
Cool, so what you are saying is I can use my mac to go to the website and make my purchase, then do the actual download/install via my PS3 through the Download List?

yep yep. it's true :eek:

@Tanod [below]

PSP Demo makes its way to the ps3's D-list.

It's all linked together.

tanod

when is my burrito
Pristine_Condition said:

Yep. I'm not sure if it would work for free stuff like demos though.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Pristine_Condition said:

Why don't you just buy the PSP stuff using your PS3?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
tanod said:
Yep. I'm not sure if it would work for free stuff like demos though.
For free stuff you can just ask someone to just copy it from PSP and upload it somewhere, or get it from QJ or probably bunch of other sites that do that.

...and yes, the Pattapon Demo is up on the PS3 store under the PSP Demos section!

AWESOME!

Thanks for all the help guys. There's a few things I'll want to buy from the PSP store, and now that I can (because of your help) I will.

<3 u GAF.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Im happy + sad at same time

i bought Everyday shooter which is awesome, but now i have no money left in my PSN wallet. No credit card, Wirecard blocked. Im screwed if anything cools comes out now :(

Top Bottom