• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 03/06/08

I bought all the themes, i had 1100yen left over from buying dark mist and money idol exchanger last week, so buying all 5 themes leaves me with exactly 600 yen for one more ps1 game, next time something catches my eye

lupinko said:
How are the themes? Super spectacular and cannot be made easily by people?

Gonna go with not really worth it unless you really liked the game.

Each theme has custom sounds ( they are all the same, sound like the in game pick ups)
and 2 backgrounds per theme, that rotate when you enter / exit games.

My favorite is the "chase" one (last one) because it swaps between heroes chasing badguys and badguys chasing heroes and its cute.

The sounds arent annoying but i still wish they had an option to use the default sounds all the time and not theme sounds.

The icons are a bit less "functional" than i'd like (just images with no relation to the function they perform), but i suppose i got my moneys worth. 100 yen each wasnt highway robbery or anything. 300 yen each like the agarest ones? thats pushing it.

Oh, and i am now officially part of the problem, you're welcome guys ( i justify this nonsense because i buy japanese points in 3000 yen cards and i get leftovers i cant do anything with so there :p)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection set to get a DLC Partch that will add Dualshock RUmble and some new modes next week, slated for Japan only at this time.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/03/12/tekken-5-dr-gets-modes-rumble-support-in-new-update/

Namco will soon be re-energizing the PS3 version of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection with a new update coming March 18. The update is set to bring on a few changes by adding gameplay modes, DualShock 3 rumble support, and doing a little patching up of things all around.

The most notable addition to Tekken 5: DR is the Pickup Match Mode that let's players continuously fight new opponents without having to switch back to the matching room. This change will probably make the experience feel more arcade-like as there's a quicker transition from match to match. You can also change your match search settings after the brawl, just in case you want to face another type of opponent. Other tweaks call on the ability to create/display names for rooms, an added flag option for rooms which toggles certain search/fight conditions, an adjustment to the point allotment system, and match results are now unrecorded when Rank Match is set to off.

After reading all that, we bet you can't wait to fire up your PS3 and grab that update. Hold on just a sec there, you might want to sit down for this: this update is currently only for the Japanese version. Yep. We feel your anger; however, we're positive this baby will be coming our way soon. Namco probably just needs to test the waters and make sure everything is all hunky-dory before unleashing this killer patch upon the rest of the world.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy shit, that update sounds like pure sex! I WANT IT, NOW!

Lain

So, PSN update for the Italian store is up, and omg, it is so full of creamy shit... an Elefunk Trailer, a PixelJunk Mosters Theme and a Modern Metal Track Pack for Guitar Hero 3.
Coupled with the useless firmware update, this is a sucky day just like last week...

Edit: same update for the UK store.... meh meh meh.

Wollan

Hah, same update in Norway as well. I think this might actually be the worst 'update' yet.
And they somehow managed to not get the MotorStorm 2 trailer there.

ram

Bearillusion said:
I think it's obvious now that they are withholding games for the update in April.

or maybe may, or june, or december, or 2089???

sorry, but it is just really, really poor, how sony UK handles all european psn stores.

E-phonk

Banned
Lain said:
So, PSN update for the Italian store is up, and omg, it is so full of creamy shit... an Elefunk Trailer, a PixelJunk Mosters Theme and a Modern Metal Track Pack for Guitar Hero 3.
Coupled with the useless firmware update, this is a sucky day just like last week...
Another week of terrible updates! Jééééj

nofi

E-phonk said:
Another week of terrible updates! Jééééj

True, but with the shit PSN updates I've saved enough money to buy Patapon and Monster Hunter Freedom 2 today! Yay me!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
ESRB Watch: What the hell are they thinking edition

Rocketmen: It Came From Uranus Capcom E10+ Fantasy Violence,
Mild Suggestive Themes Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Top Bottom