• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 03/06/08

lupinko

Sykra said:
Last time a checked there are no japanese text, only english on my version.

The story blurb at the beginning is in Japanese, unless this was updated in the expansion. I usually just skip this so I'm not sure for the expansion.

Zoe

I really want to support Dark Mist when it comes to the US, but the wait is killing me. I may have to burn some of my wallet in Mainichi Issho so I'm not tempted anymore :(

NCSX is the best place to get a card if you want it NOW.

P-A is good if you are ordering other stuff with it and dont mind waiting.

The only jp text is the story blurb and all the tutorials etc.

Game is hella fun, i wanna beat one more boss before i write about it.

Speevy

Banned
I can't seem to find PS Store cards on the NCSX website. Can someone give me a link? Thanks for the help btw.

Speevy said:
I can't seem to find PS Store cards on the NCSX website. Can someone give me a link? Thanks for the help btw.

Sure, you have to use the old store, which is actually much friendlier to browse, and all you'll be using if you pre order anyway

http://hh141.hiphip.com/default.asp

look under ps3 hardware, make sure you get a YEN ticket.

Might i also recommend Money Idol Exchanger for ps1

Speevy

Banned
It seems to be indicating that there will be shipping charges, even though the item clearly says there aren't any. There won't be any, right?

ty_hot

Wich PS1 games are in english in the japanese store?

I bought GT5P and KOF 98 there using the Mozilla Firefox method :)

And I'll die before all those games arrive in USA PSN!

Speevy said:
It seems to be indicating that there will be shipping charges, even though the item clearly says there aren't any. There won't be any, right?

They will not actually charge you shipping. It's just part of the system.

" Orders for the PSN cards will be fulfilled digitally. Upon your purchase, an image scan of the 12-digit alphanumeric code will be emailed to you.Please ignore the shipping charge during checkout since we cannot edit the online shopping cart to not charge a shipping fee for an item. Our shop does not process transactions in realtime and you will only be charged the fee of $36.50."

ty_hot said:
Wich PS1 games are in english in the japanese store?

I bought GT5P and KOF 98 there using the Mozilla Firefox method :)

And I'll die before all those games arrive in USA PSN!

Firefox method? do tell
also: for all intents and purposes none of the games are "in english" but some require minimal to no japanese knowlege to "figure it out"

Some good "gaijin friendly" games:

IQ Final - Puzzle
Money Idol Exchanger - Puzzle
[sai] Colloseum (Devil Dice) - Puzzle

Any Fighting Game (sub category under action - "fighting action")

Silent Bomber - Action
Jumping Flash 2 - Platformer
Mr. Driller - Puzzle (Might wanna wait and see if G winds up on there though)

Anything under "Shooting" (with the space ship)

Speevy

Banned
Given 3,000 Yen, what are the absolute best, English speaker-friendly games I can buy for the greatest overall value? Also, how long will it take for the email containing the code to arrive?

I'm so glad I did this. If the US PS Store won't deliver any games for me, I'm taking matters into my own hands.

Speevy said:
Given 3,000 Yen, what are the absolute best, English speaker-friendly games I can buy for the greatest overall value? Also, how long will it take for the email containing the code to arrive?

I'm so glad I did this. If the US PS Store won't deliver any games for me, I'm taking matters into my own hands.

whats your psn name? add me, just remove the "e" in sex

ty_hot

pancakesandsex said:
They will not actually charge you shipping. It's just part of the system.

" Orders for the PSN cards will be fulfilled digitally. Upon your purchase, an image scan of the 12-digit alphanumeric code will be emailed to you.Please ignore the shipping charge during checkout since we cannot edit the online shopping cart to not charge a shipping fee for an item. Our shop does not process transactions in realtime and you will only be charged the fee of $36.50."

Firefox method? do tell
also: for all intents and purposes none of the games are "in english" but some require minimal to no japanese knowlege to "figure it out"

Some good "gaijin friendly" games:

IQ Final - Puzzle
Money Idol Exchanger - Puzzle
[sai] Colloseum (Devil Dice) - Puzzle

Any Fighting Game (sub category under action - "fighting action")

Silent Bomber - Action
Jumping Flash 2 - Platformer
Mr. Driller - Puzzle (Might wanna wait and see if G winds up on there though)

Anything under "Shooting" (with the space ship)

PM sent

Don't if would be a good idea to post it here ....

But what matters, I pay for the game, I'm not getting the game without paying...

lupinko

ty_hot said:
PM sent

But what matters, I pay for the game, I'm not getting the game without paying...

Ok so this isn't that lame proxy workaround people have been using.

Speevy said:
My e-mail still hasn't arrived, and I completed it several hours ago.

Wait till tomorrow, they were prolly closed when you ordered

I ordered thursday around 6, i got my email around 4-ish yesterday

Speevy

Banned
Well, still no e-mail, and I placed the order late Friday. Maybe tomorrow?

Also, it won't give me an account history either. I asked it to resend me my password to make sure it was the right one, and it was.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
ty_hot said:
PM sent

What's this Firefox method? Can you please PM it to me too? I'd rather not have to deal with PSN cards if I can just use my CC for my jPSN purchases.

Azrael

Well, Edge reviewed Dark Mist, so I assume that means it's definitely coming to Europe. I have no idea why Sony would release it in England but not the U.S., although given the kind of people that are running the PlayStation Store, it wouldn't be out of the question.

Speevy said:
Well, still no e-mail, and I placed the order late Friday. Maybe tomorrow?

Also, it won't give me an account history either. I asked it to resend me my password to make sure it was the right one, and it was.

The "new" and "old" stores are totally separate, but they share stock. Make sure you log in to the "old" store and not the new one to check stuff.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Speevy said:
Nevermind, back-ordered. :/

There's also eBay if you want to go that route. I just checked and the 3000 yen ones are hovering around 35 US, and 5000 yen ones around 58 US. The prices there fluctuate a bit cause I picked up my 5000 yen one 2 weeks ago for 55 bucks.

Speevy

Banned
pancakesandsex said:
The "new" and "old" stores are totally separate, but they share stock. Make sure you log in to the "old" store and not the new one to check stuff.

It just clears the form when I do that. Like I said, they keep sending me correspondence, and I have the info right, but there's no way to check on their site.

I've already paid for it, so I'm just going to wait until they restock later this week.

Speevy said:
It just clears the form when I do that. Like I said, they keep sending me correspondence, and I have the info right, but there's no way to check on their site.

I've already paid for it, so I'm just going to wait until they restock later this week.

You clicked " you and your order" at the bottom of the old store?

When you log in there it should show you

Billing Details_________________________________________Delivery Details

[FORM]

Order No. Order Date SKU Desc Quantity Date Shipped Tracking Num

then something like this:
xxxxx Mar 06, 2008 PSN-3000 Playstation Network Ticket - 3000 Yen [JPN]/Sony 1

androvsky

Pai Pai Master said:
When does Dark Mist come to US PSN? :(

I emailed the PS Blog a couple weeks ago, the reply was that it wasn't on the calendar, but that didn't mean it wasn't coming. Unfortunately, I have no idea how far the calendar goes.

ram

official - novastrike coming to psn!

-------------------------------------------

Tiki Games Announces NOVASTRIKE For PLAYSTATION®3

Independent Developer to Bring Explosive Arcade Shooter to the PLAYSTATION®Network

San Diego, CA – March 11, 2008 – Tiki Games, a California-based independent developer of interactive entertainment, today announced the development of NOVASTRIKE, an original game for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. Filled with the intense, frenetic gameplay of a classic top-down shooter, NOVASTRIKE will also bring a number of innovations to the genre, including continued updates and content additions to keep the game fluid and changing.

Hardened shooter veterans will find a wealth of options in their arsenal in NOVASTRIKE, a sci-fi war zone that pits players against an onslaught by the world-conquering Draelus. From the cockpit of their experimental Scythe fighter, able pilots will utilize free-roaming flight and multiple weapon variations to combat an armada of alien forces in the air and on land. With ship and weapon upgrades, and a slew of allied units, players of NOVASTRIKE will engage the Draelus in a variety of planetary environments, completing objectives and facing fearsome opponents in their fight to drive back the invasion.

"Tiki Games is committed to putting out high-quality titles that bring something new to the table," said Kevin McCann, president and creative director of Tiki Games. "NOVASTRIKE takes its roots from the toughest shoot-'em-ups, and brings that gameplay into a free-roaming, unpredictable space - and when players think they’ve conquered that, our continued support for the game will keep them on their toes with all-new game content."

NOVASTRIKE is scheduled for release via the PLAYSTATION®Network in early 2008.

NOVASTRIKE Features:

* Seven expansive challenging stages driven by objective-based goals
* Free-roaming flight: there aren't any rails here, so players can fly in any direction
* Progressive weapon acquisition and upgrade system: as the player collects weapon drops from enemy ships the weapons themselves become available to the Scythe - there are nine base weapon systems, each with three subsequent upgrade levels
* Air and ground targets: two separate weapon systems allow the player to combat both air and ground opponents
* Multi-sectioned enemies where individual components can be destroyed; for example, carriers have hangars that launch fighters - these hangars can be destroyed independently of destroying the Carrier, preventing the Carrier from launching additional fighters
* Multitude of enemies and environments: players combat enemy fighters, bombers, kamikazes, aces, carriers, and destroyers, all leading to an end-boss fight
* You're not alone: friendly fighters, bombers, and destroyers will aid you in your efforts to vanquish the Draelus invasion
* DualShock 3 support
* Continuing support: Tiki Games will be developing additional content for NOVASTRIKE throughout 2008

that ship can't get any smaller. it's almost the size of the guy from undertow.

Offtopic slightly maybe but the Europe playstation forum will make changes.

As a member of the Official European PlayStation Forums, this email is to inform you about some upcoming changes that will affect your Forum account.

During the next two weeks, the Forums will be joining forces with PLAYSTATION®Network. Soon, you will be able to use your PSN Sign In ID to log in to the Forums.

To ensure that your Forum account is preserved, you will need to link it to a PLAYSTATION Network account before 23:59hrs GMT on 16 March 2008.

This is an easy process that should only take a few minutes of your time to complete. Just head over to the Forums using the link below and log in to your account to get started.

Hopefully they can send me my LBP Beta :D

Top Bottom