• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 03/06/08

steve

Banned
Yeah, take out the Rock Band content and the PSP stuff, and there's basically nothing left. Not sure why this is, they used to do killer updates every week.

Downloadable Games

Rocketmen: Axis of Evil (free demo, $9.99 full game)
Join Nick Sion, Alec Mink and the rest of the Alliance of Free Planets in their white-knuckled, frenzied struggle to free the Solar System from the tyrannical grip of Lord Invictus and the Legion of Terra! With its distinctive cel-shaded art style, engaging storyline, RPG elements and non-stop action, this shooter promises to keep players coming back for more!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 124 MB

Game Videos

NBA Ballers: The Chosen One Trailer
Live the Game. Play the Life.
File size: 30 MB (HD)
Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers

Hancock Theatrical Trailer (free)
There are heroes… there are superheroes… and then there’s Hancock (Will Smith). With great power comes great responsibility – everyone knows that – everyone, that is, but Hancock.
File size: 21 MB (SD), 78 MB (HD), 103 MB (1080)

21 Theatrical Trailer
Every year Vegas takes people for millions. On March 28 Ben Campbell is going to get it all back.
File size: 31 MB (SD), 115 MB (HD), 153 MB (1080)
PS3 Themes

Lost Planet Theme (free)
Customize your PS3 system with a cool Lost Planet theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.
File size: 2.37 MB
PS3 Wallpaper

(3) Condemned 2: Bloodshot wallpaper (free)
Customize the background of your PS3 system with this new Condemned 2: Bloodshot Wallpaper.
File size: 817 KB - 1.91 MB

That's just plain pitiful. The updates in Fall 2007 were huge, filled to the brim with mucho content. Now they are just using Guitar hero, Rock Band and the PSP to try and make it look like they have content being uploaded every week.

If this is all they are adding, they don't even need a Blog entry to announce this shiat.

GeoramA

No PS1 game, but a shitload of Rock Band songs as usual.

I'm not even looking forward to these updates anymore.

Greg

steve said:
If this is all they are adding, they don't even need a Blog entry to announce this shiat.
They could obviously put up more PS1 games, but demos don't pop up out of nowhere - there's really not much coming out to look forward to aside from the big titles that are a bit down the road (R2) or won't get a demo (GTAIV).

distrbnce

Banned
PistolGrip said:
So anyone try out Rocketmen: Axis of Evil ?

EDIT: its shite

Seriously? Why? I was really hoping it'd be a gem out of nowhere...

4-player online co-op has to be -some- fun... right?

steve

Banned
Greg said:
They could obviously put up more PS1 games, but demos don't pop up out of nowhere - there's really not much coming out to look forward to aside from the big titles that are a bit down the road (R2) or won't get a demo (GTAIV).

That's fine, I can accept that. So instead, fill the store with trailers for movies, PS3 games, TV commercials, PSP games, PS2 games, etc.

It's sad that GameTrailers has more trailers for PlayStation-stuff than PSN does.

How about the Podcasts that their first party devs are doing, throw those on there. Announce game updates, patches, etc. on their information bar.

This is all stuff that can be done with the current firmware at a time of year when there's a slight drought in upcoming software.

Silent Hill Origins just came out on PS2. The new ratchet & Clank game comes out soon for PS2 as well. God of War just came out for PSP.

Where are the trailers and ads for those games, pimp that shiat on your own network. Not everyone owns the 40GB that can't play PS2 stuff. I have a 60GB and Origins is a game that excites me... yet you'd never know it existed if it was up to Sony.

steve said:
That's fine, I can accept that. So instead, fill the store with trailers for movies, PS3 games, TV commercials, PSP games, PS2 games, etc.

It's sad that GameTrailers has more trailers for PlayStation-stuff than PSN does.

I think this is spot on.

Okay to an extent the lack of playable stuff, demos, PSOne and PSN games, is more understandable, but the lack of trailers, backdrops and themes is really poor. Every single trailer Sony releases to the media should be showing up within a reasonable timeframe.

LRB1983

Banned
Three weeks with totally european meh... updates. I asume that April big PSN changes will be one demo for European PSN Store. xD

The Age Feb 4th 2008.
The Managing Director of Sony Electronic Entertainment Australia, Michael Ephraim has said commented on the delays between releases on the PAL/Australian PSN compared to the US/Japanese PSN. Eprhaim said the problem lies within translating products into different languages but that we should see an improvement over the next six months.
Where the hell is that SONY?

I think im just gonna buy dark mist off the j-store this week. I'll double dip if it eventually comes here (watch it come next week).

Pretty happy with this update even if i dont like the content for the most part.
The psp stuff is tempting. Lost planet theme is <3

BeeDog

kaching said:
Worse than Cash Guns Chaos?

Can't say, haven't played that. But this, this, is not worth anyone's time.

Oh, and how can someone like the Lost Planet theme? It's horrible! :lol

BeeDog said:
Can't say, haven't played that. But this, this, is not worth anyone's time.

Oh, and how can someone like the Lost Planet theme? It's horrible! :lol

The game or the theme? i havent seen the theme yet, im at work.

BeeDog

pancakesandsex said:
The game or the theme? i havent seen the theme yet, im at work.

The theme. I never found the game to be all that either, but the theme is just bad design work. The Graffiti theme that us Yuroops got is so much better.

Lince

Banned
BeeDog said:
Holy shit, Rocketmen is the shittiest shit I've played like ever.

I tried the demo and yes it's boring and uninspired to say the least, I can't believe the framerate takes a dive with 5+ enemies on screen, what a waste.

BeeDog said:
The theme. I never found the game to be all that either, but the theme is just bad design work. The Graffiti theme that us Yuroops got is so much better.

Im really enjoying the game, i currently use the winter theme or the street fighter theme that modus made

pswii60

Lince said:
I tried the demo and yes it's boring and uninspired to say the least, I can't believe the framerate takes a dive with 5+ enemies on screen, what a waste.
When this sells like shit, Sony will be like "We told you so!"

pswii60 said:
When this sells like shit, Sony will be like "We told you so!"

What's funny is that if there had been no demo, and some folks had plopped down the $10 and were relaying their impressions to the board, there would be a few of them who would say "Oh, it's not bad at all." "I'm having a lot of fun with it." "Takes some getting used to but after that..." "You guys should really try it", etc. etc.

But with a demo everyone can agree that it's terrible without hurting their pride.

TheExodu5

Banned
You know, I'd be pissed, but this week's DLC for RockBand is mind blowing on the drums. Probably the best week for drums, ever.

Top Bottom