• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 11/20/07 in the US (22nd in Europe)

Crisis

Banned
Okay I have the flow expansion pack, and the change I've noticed so far is strictly on the XMB. It's listed as "flow expansion" rather than just "flow". And instead of the clear splash screen they've replaced it with a blue one.

I have no idea how to take pictures in game. Pressing all the buttons on the controller does nothing except the creature's "attack" or whatever. Pressing "print screen" also does nothing. And I cannot figure out how to get the new playable creature. It isn't immediately available. If I have to run through the game with all of the original creatures to unlock the new one I'm going to be pissed off.

bryehn

Crisis said:
Okay I have the flow expansion pack, and the change I've noticed so far is strictly on the XMB. It's listed as "flow expansion" rather than just "flow". And instead of the clear splash screen they've replaced it with a blue one.

I have no idea how to take pictures in game. Pressing all the buttons on the controller does nothing except the creature's "attack" or whatever. Pressing "print screen" also does nothing. And I cannot figure out how to get the new playable creature. It isn't immediately available. If I have to run through the game with all of the original creatures to unlock the new one I'm going to be pissed off.

Yeah. I deleted my save and started over to check for sure, but so far I'm definitely not impressed at all.

Souther

Banned
wow...PS store on PC...pretty cool.

So for those of us that had the original 20gig and don't have wifi, we can just hook up our PSP via USB to the PC and then just download it to our desktop and then transfer it to the PSP?

Also...how do you transfer PS1 games from just the PS3...can you do it via USB?

Crisis

Banned
I don't know if this is old, but I just tried to access the PSP store on the PS3 browser. It won't let you go there. Then on a hunch I tried psn.ign.com and it now officially works on the PS3 browser. It wasn't working before.

Jim

Souther said:
wow...PS store on PC...pretty cool.

So for those of us that had the original 20gig and don't have wifi, we can just hook up our PSP via USB to the PC and then just download it to our desktop and then transfer it to the PSP?

Also...how do you transfer PS1 games from just the PS3...can you do it via USB?

It's only USB I believe, even if you have WiFi.

Goldrusher

MX vs. ATV downloaded and installed.

Nice intro, MotorStorm quality CGI.

Bikes, quads & buggies to race with. Trigger throttle only.
Menu is a bit tricky to navigate, on-screen it shows X, but I have to press O on my Japanese console.

Anyway, loading...

Training area...indoor hall. Everything looks very simple. A generation or two back in time after that intro video.

Oh, and TEARING! So much tearing, it's like a visual effect to make it look like an old CRT tube refreshing.

Controls are decent, physics are good. Nothing amazing, a bit wobbly actually...but it works.

Actual race has a lot less tearing, not as noticeable anyway.

But it looks like crap. Very simpel ground textures and landscaping, trees and shrubbery are PSone quality and well...bah. I won't waste any more time on it.

Bleh! Meh.

Rubbish!

Crisis

Banned
Update on the flow expansion stuff.

I figured out how to take pictures and it's bullshit. While playing through the campaign of these creatures you'll come across a very weird looking "food" tool. You eat that, then your creature starts glowing yellow at the top orb. It flashes and goes all the way down to the end of your creature like a countdown timer. Then the game freezes and you have a picture. I don't like this at all. The biggest problem is that it isn't common. I paid $2.99 to take pictures and this is bullshit. STILL haven't figured out how to get the extra creature.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
wow at being able to buy/download stuff on the PSP via the new PlayStation Store website.

Crisis

Banned
If these are too big I will gladly take them down.

flOw Screenshot.jpg

flOw Screenshot2.jpg

Souther

Banned
Jim said:
It's only USB I believe, even if you have WiFi.

Cool Thanks.

I have KOF97, RealBout:Dominated Mind, SOTN and R-Type Delta so it would be cool to take those on the go

also bought everyday shooter...at that price its a steal, hell even full price is a steal

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Can I purchase US PSN content on my PAL PS3 and not get the ban from Sony?

I want to get flOw, Pixel Junk Racers and Everyday Shooter. Is Calling All Cars worth $5.
I know I'm sounding like cheap bastard now.

navanman said:
Can I purchase US PSN content on my PAL PS3 and not get the ban from Sony?

I want to get flOw, Pixel Junk Racers and Everyday Shooter. Is Calling All Cars worth $5.
I know I'm sounding like cheap bastard now.

You can if you have a US Credit card. Or something else that is accepted in the US store.

McLovin

That mx vs whatever game is really bad. It looks like they started working on this game for the ps2 slapped some next gen stuff in and called it a wrap. All the textures look horrible and the gamplay is isn't fun either. The only things that look remotely decent are the water, the suspension on the vehicles, and the frame-rate(45ish fps). Other then that its a bad game. Don't even bother with the demo.

Tr4nce

Holy shit that MX vs. ATV demo sucks. How can this even be a PS3 game???

Motorstorm looks a 1000 times better, and next gen too.

methane47

So I have a question related to the Information Bar..
Is sony actually planning on updating the information inside it? Or are they just chilling.. and hope that we do it ourselves?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Really liked the new flOw creature/campaign. Cool to see it was made by a different team (SuperVillain). Final "boss" was quite cool as well.

6jva352.jpg

Crisis

Banned
TTP said:
Really liked the new flOw creature/campaign. Cool to see it was made by a different team (SuperVillain). Final "boss" was quite cool as well.

How did you get the new creature?

Crisis

Banned
spwolf said:
did you try playing flow to see if you end up with it?

I haven't. I figured that TTP could shed some light on the situation before I played through it again to test that theory. :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Crisis said:
I haven't. I figured that TTP could shed some light on the situation before I played through it again to test that theory. :lol

I had to replay the game from the 1st creature as I deleted the save file. Anyway, new creature was the second to last that was unlocked (the last one being the "Ending Credits Creature"). If you have all creatures unlocked already, maybe try to get to the bottom with the last one (the one before the ECC one I mean) and see what happens.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Chris_C said:
Can Aquatopia be used without the Eye3? Just to watch it like a screensaver?

What's the Eye3? It only works with the PlayStation Eye. And is Remote Play compatible btw.

Crisis

Banned
TTP said:
I had to replay the game from the 1st creature as I deleted the save file. Anyway, new creature was the second to last that was unlocked (the last one being the "Ending Credits Creature"). If you have all creatures unlocked already, maybe try to get to the bottom with the last one (the one before the ECC one I mean) and see what happens.

Will do tomorrow. Thanks though.:D

tanod

when is my burrito
I had all the creatures unlocked before the flOw update so when I started it up, the new creature was there. The photo feature is neat. It's like a little photo journal of your play time through the game. It looks like they tweaked the "little creature bits" graphics and they also cranked the difficulty up. You see a lot more of the really large creatures now so you have to use your individual powers a little more to progress. Also, when I get down to the lower levels, it seems like my creature is much more filled out than they ever were before the update. The new creature was fun and plays uniquely too.

It seems like the update kinda of increases the satisfaction quotient of the game. Plus, you can either save a photo bit or you might run into one towards the end of your run. Then you can get a really great shot of your creature. I did 2 creature playthroughs and the credits (to see if anything changed, not much of anything, BTW) and ended up with about 8 screenshots in the photo part of the XMB when I was done. They did a LOT of tweaking in the details.

I would definitely say that if you enjoyed playing through flOw that the update is worth picking up. It's only $3. I was satisfied.

I'm gonna go try Everyday Shooter now. :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
tanod said:
I did 2 creature playthroughs and the credits (to see if anything changed, not much of anything, BTW) and ended up with about 8 screenshots in the photo part of the XMB when I was done.

I think credits have more entries so the snake gets bigger in the end. Also noticed a group of 3 or 4 fish like creatures swimming around that I'm pretty sure weren't in the credits section before.

tanod

when is my burrito
TTP said:
I think credits have more entries so the snake gets bigger in the end. Also noticed a group of 3 or 4 fish like creatures swimming around that I'm pretty sure weren't in the credits section before.

I saw that too. I was really hoping there was a photo bit at the end of the credits. :(

sullyj

That is cool Aquatopia is Remote Play compatible. Can you use the camera check setting thing while in Remote Play? If so, you have PSP Nanny Cam:lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
sullyj said:
That is cool Aquatopia is Remote Play compatible. Can you use the camera check setting thing while in Remote Play? If so, you have PSP Nanny Cam:lol

Yep. Can do anything via the PSP.

Top Bottom