• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Critics Choice + EA Publisher + Persona sale 2/21 -2/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachael

P5, P4D, Daytona and a P4AU avatar pack. Yes, that last pack put me over $100 - the first three left me short by 3 cents lol.

Might as well ask here too:

I bought Hexyz Force & Kenka Bancho because they look great.

Are Knights in the Nightmare & Yggdra Union worth it? They look... odd.

Yoooo!
Severed is a addicting as f***!
Sure my arm and index finger are getting a bit tired but it's sooo good. Kicking myself for not buying it earlier. After Blob, Guacameele and now this, Drinkbox joining the Platinum must buy Day 1 club for me.
What a great way to celebrate Vita's birthday.

Rymuth

Might as well ask here too:

I bought Hexyz Force & Kenka Bancho because they look great.

Are Knights in the Nightmare & Yggdra Union worth it? They look... odd.
I found Knights to be impenetrable. If you can wrap your head around the battle system, go for it. People I know seemed to like it.

Yggdra Union is boring.

psyfi

Banned
Okay, I could have sworn I saw Dark Souls II for PS4 on the list of games in this sale at one point... It was $12 if I remember right. Am I crazy, or did something happen?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Do you recommend one character for my first playthrough with over another?

Play whoever you prefer although Id give a slight edge to Emily, it just makes more sense narratively. Plus she has her own new abilities which are rather interesting (Far Reach is locomotion based so if you build momentum and jump Far Reach will zip you around compared to Blink which is a simple A to B teleport)

Arkane added New Game+ recently which lets you mix and match abilities from either character.

Toki767

does Odin Sphere have Japanese?

Been waiting for it to go on sale since forever on the JP PSN.

Yes Odin Sphere is dual audio.

Hmm...since I preordered Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5, I need to spend $50 to get $15 back. I really wish I could find something I want on this sale.

Can someone sell me on:

Diablo, especially for co op/single player? I dont know if I like grinding for stuff and replaying the same levels to get stronger

Deus Ex sounds like a much better buy but The hype for that game seemed to have gone out fast. Is it weak?

Help me GAF, I'm trying to decide before the sale is over tomorrow. Have $31 in PSN credit, don't really want to spend any more.

Enter the Gungeon - $7.49
Inside - $7.99
Witcher Expansion Pass - $14.99
Darkest Dungeon - $9.99 (Own a PS Vita to play this on as well as PS4)

Leaning toward DD and Witcher, but have a strong interest in Inside as well. But I'm also slightly worried some of these will be free PS+ titles in the next year. Thoughts?

oddjobs

Help me GAF, I'm trying to decide before the sale is over tomorrow. Have $31 in PSN credit, don't really want to spend any more.

Inside - $7.99

Leaning toward DD and Witcher, but have a strong interest in Inside as well. But I'm also slightly worried some of these will be free PS+ titles in the next year. Thoughts?

witcher expansion pass for $15 is ridiculous value and an unlikely PS+ title!

witcher expansion pass for $15 is ridiculous value and an unlikely PS+ title!

Yeah, I figured that, so Witcher was high on my list. I'd like it, DD, and Inside, but I'd have to buy another $5 in PSN credit to do that. And that's not a big deal, I'm just trying to force myself to stay within the $31 and change I have. Maybe I should give that up...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Inside - $7.99

Witcher Expansion Pass for sure.

As for the rest, it is largely up to you. This won't be the last time they will be on sale, and they all deliver in their own unique ways. It's more preferential as to the type of experience you want to play moreso than finding a common agreement to prioritize. (And really Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine will keep you plenty busy anyway)

Battlefield 1 Revolution is on sale for $19.79...

BUT, BF1 &Titanfall 2 bundle is on sale for $19.99.

Is there a difference between the BF1 in the 2 options?? Because, the BF1 and TF2 Bundle looks like a hell of a deal!

Been wanting to play the BF1 single player forever.. but to be able to play that and TF2 for the same price seems like a steal.

Anyone know?

Last edited:

SScorpio

Battlefield 1 Revolution is on sale for $19.79...

BUT, BF1 &Titanfall 2 bundle is on sale for $19.99.

Is there a difference between the BF1 in the 2 options?? Because, the BF1 and TF2 Bundle looks like a hell of a deal!

Been wanting to play the BF1 single player forever.. but to be able to play that and TF2 for the same price seems like a steal.

Anyone know?

Holy Necromancy Batman. I got really confused at the listed sales until I noticed the year.

That said, no the BF1 & Titanfall 2 bundle is really that good of a deal.

It comes with BF1 Revolution which is BF1 and the season pass. So for $0.20 you are getting the ultimate edition of Titanfall 2. I bought the base version of Titanfall 2 when it first came out for $20 all by self. And just playing the single-player campaign I feel I got more than more money's worth.

Holy Necromancy Batman. I got really confused at the listed sales until I noticed the year.

That said, no the BF1 & Titanfall 2 bundle is really that good of a deal.

It comes with BF1 Revolution which is BF1 and the season pass. So for $0.20 you are getting the ultimate edition of Titanfall 2. I bought the base version of Titanfall 2 when it first came out for $20 all by self. And just playing the single-player campaign I feel I got more than more money's worth.

Thanks so much! That is a crazy good deal! I'm not really a multiplayer guy, but I've heard that the campaigns are great in both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom