• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN down due to unannounced maintenance?

ViciousDS

Banned
I think I'm wrong but I'm imagining you made Ultros from FFVI in FFXIV and now I want to see it.

All the servers in FFXIV are named after things in Final Fantasy. Ultros is a popular server for GAF players since the GAF Free Company resides there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

its just a really populated server normally. But since PSN is down it kills about half the active players lol. So the server is congested enough and new players can make characters on those servers.

NolbertoS

Hmm, nvm then, thought you needed a IP tag for playing digital downloadable games for some reason. Guess I'll stick with single player campaigns then. My bad, GAF. Mea culpa on thinking there was some DRM type scan required.

Well not really. I have 2 PS4s and can only play my downloaded games on one of them now and that's the one I use less since it's in the living room. If I had discs I could them on either console.
Well you gamesharing with yourself between two PS4's is another discussion. Boohoo at the inconvenience this has caused you.

J-Skee

Don't enter a major partnership with one of the biggest online franchises in the world if you can't get a handle on your network. First Capcom had to switch to the Xbox 360 version of Ultra Street Fighter IV due to the terrible PS4 port, now this. But hey, thank God for all of these single player JRPGs coming out, right?

EDIT: I'm sorry that this post came off the wrong way. I am genuinely excited for the single player JRPGs coming out. Persona 5 & Final Fantasy XV are near the top of my most wanted games for 2016. I'm sorry if anyone was offended by what I said.

There goes the Destiny grind.

This is what happens when you buy a game designed around an online connection. You supporting Destiny will make other publishers focus on online only titles where your great home internet connection means nothing if there are external server issues beyond your control.

Don't enter a major partnership with one of the biggest online franchises in the world if you can't get a handle on your network. First Capcom had to switch to the Xbox 360 version of Ultra Street Fighter IV due to the terrible PS4 port, now this. But hey, thank God for all of these single player JRPGs coming out, right?

:lol

This post got so dumb so quick.

Certinty

Well you gamesharing with yourself between two PS4's is another dicussion. Boohoo at the inconvenience this has caused you.
EDIT: I read this incorrectly, but anyway I gameshare with myself mostly digital games like Life Is Strange so fellow members in my household can play them more than anything.

Azerare

So all people buying Digital only, this is your digital future then. Glad I stuck with physical discs for most of my games. And I can't believe that PSN is still down. anonymous must've done a number to Sony'a servers again.
Not much background knowledge on how digital titles work... You can still play them, so long as they are not online modes. That's why you have the "set as main ps4" feature.

This is what happens when you buy a game designed around an online connection. You supporting Destiny will make other publishers focus on online only titles where your great home internet connection means nothing if there are external server issues beyond your control.

Online focused games should be allowed to exist, no?

Well not really. I have 2 PS4s and can only play my downloaded games on one of them now and that's the one I use less since it's in the living room. If I had discs I could them on either console.

Yeah I'm in the same boat.

2 PS4s in the house. The one set as primary is not mine, and I completed all my physical games.

I'm kinda fucked

zelas

There are days when I don't play Destiny by choice. I think I'll cope.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
People use these threads to really sound off on just whateverthefuck.

Trumanshowwhoareyoutalkingto.gif

PtKid

Banned
According to anonymous, PSN & Live are down! Phantom Squad are claiming it.

Getting sick of these basement warriors. First Lizard Squad and now these idiots.

Also goddamn you Sony and M$ for not preparing yourself for this shit after last year.

Blastoise

Banned
Fuck Konami and their stupid online resource syncing. I don't even want to risk playing MGSV because I know my GMP will go in the red.

Can't get my game saves off the cloud. So, no Fallout for me tonight, I guess. No Battlefront or Taken King either... *throws PS4 out window*

Will the be as bad as the 'ApocalyPS3'of 2009 or whenever that was?

Enter 4pocalypse

giphy.gif

Wooooow.

Spitting fire dude.

So all people buying Digital only, this is your digital future then. Glad I stuck with physical discs for most of my games. And I can't believe that PSN is still down. anonymous must've done a number to Sony'a servers again.

Smart informed guy here. Everyone listen to him.

LowParry

Gjbq8oj.gif

On the flip side, I was able to get into the Store a couple times then back down. So seems there's some sort of progress?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This post is the worst.

You should be ashamed.

Trouble

Banned
Goddamn this is still going on? Saw this thread this morning, but figured it would be sorted 9 hours later. I just want to pop in and do my Destiny Dailies. :(

EthanC

Banned
i can netflix on my PS4 but Spotify won't load.

doesn't bother me much at the moment but i haven't tried playing Rogue Galaxy again yet. if a PS2 game won't load because of PSN being down i'm going to be rather cross, indeed.
Just use your phone, tablet, or computer to send the music you want to play to the PS4 via Connect. Works for me.

PtKid

Banned
If its indeed a DDOS attack, how have they not prepared for this, after last year and the disaster that was 2009?

I mean they have sold plenty of consoles now, surely they should increase security and maybe add a few more servers.

This is the kinda shit that gets your customers pissed. 2 years running now, its like the old saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

Trojan

Still no word on what's going on? I'm starting to think this is something serious. Hasn't PSN been down for 10 hrs now?

imBask

Banned
If its indeed a DDOS attack, how have they not prepared for this, after last year and the disaster that was 2009?

I mean they have sold plenty of consoles now, surely they should increase security and maybe add a few more servers.

This is the kinda shit that gets your customers pissed. 2 years running now, its like the old saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

718.gif

-PSN Support

Top Bottom