• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN down due to unannounced maintenance?

Starviper

If its indeed a DDOS attack, how have they not prepared for this, after last year and the disaster that was 2009?

I mean they have sold plenty of consoles now, surely they should increase security and maybe add a few more servers.

This is the kinda shit that gets your customers pissed. 2 years running now, its like the old saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

DDOS mitigation can be tricky, but yeah they should have some sort of service like Akamai setup and in place to help protect their network.

To me, PSN store is down. It must be more serious than usual as its the first time seeing a site not available graphic/splash screen when trying to go to the site.

Ah well, the Oiler game is on TV so wouldn't be playing anyways. But it made me change my mind on getting rid of my WII U & Xenogears Chronicles X (even though the font size is a killer on my eyes) as I can always play that when PSN and/or xbox live goes down.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Maybe I should edit it? I actually am happy about the JRPGs coming out. That was supposed to be a positive.

No dawg ... Can't use logic to bash Sony.

I get where you're coming from, COD being huge and all, but this shit happens when there are several groups of shit heads out there vying for attention .

The bigger you get the more of a target you become.

There are days when I don't play Destiny by choice. I think I'll cope.

And I hope today (and whenever the next day Bungie/Sony's server is down) is one of those days, because right now you don't have any choice on the matter. Maybe try tomorrow?

Congrats on allowing someone else control when it's appropriate to use the form of entertainment that you paid for.

kendrid

Banned
If its indeed a DDOS attack, how have they not prepared for this, after last year and the disaster that was 2009?

I mean they have sold plenty of consoles now, surely they should increase security and maybe add a few more servers.

This is the kinda shit that gets your customers pissed. 2 years running now, its like the old saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

Security has nothing to do with a DDOS attack, and 'add more servers' sounds nice but spending money on servers that would sit idle 99.9% of the time does not make much business sense.

PtKid

Banned
DDOS mitigation can be tricky, but yeah they should have some sort of service like Akamai setup and in place to help protect their network.

Tricky or not, it should have been done and lets be honest here, its not like Sony is struggling for $$ right now.

They killed it with PS4 and will carry on doing so for the foreseeable future.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
For all the shit Microsoft copped for wanting our consoles online, I'm at my brothers right now and he pretty much can't do a single fucking thing on his PS4. So far Injustice is the only game that's working. Rocket League won't. It's not even letting him do basic stuff.

Piercator

Banned
Take away your games and go

You can't bring it back right now, I know

I've seen it all before, at least a million times

I'm not one to forget, you know

I'm so sick of that P-S-N

That N that breaks your heart

I'm so sick of that P-S-N

My wallet's had enough

Oh, oh ooh, that P-S-N

A platinum disc here please

Dragon

Banned
For all the shit Microsoft copped for wanting our consoles online, I'm at my brothers right now and he pretty much can't do a single fucking thing on his PS4. So far Injustice is the only game that's working. Rocket League won't. It's not even letting him do basic stuff.

Did he turn off the Internet connection on the PS4? I had all kinds of problems until I did that.

Not sure what it has to do with Microsofts proposed solution. If anything it supports that no one should have supported that bunk.

Cudder

Figured I would continue the campaign in Blops 3 since online is down and it took me to the start of the campaign. Is the save file only saved in the cloud or something?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

You make is sound easy

It's not.

There's a good video explaing it out there.... to tired to find it now

Tricky or not, it should have been done and lets be honest here, its not like Sony is struggling for $$ right now.

They killed it with PS4 and will carry on doing so for the foreseeable future.
They are struggling. SCEI is the only profitable sector of the company right now. I'm almost certain Nintendo actually has more money in reserve than they do.

Figured I would continue the campaign in Blops 3 since online is down and it took me to the start of the campaign. Is the save file only saved in the cloud or something?
There's an online and offline SP, but they do not share the same save file. Sounds like you've be playing online, so with no service it switched to offline.

Top Bottom