• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN down due to unannounced maintenance?

Consumer

I spent 2 hours trying to download Vita games earlier today to no avail, erroneously thinking it was just my school's shitty Wi-Fi. God damnit.

I'll try again now.

dext3rr

Shu accidentally tripped on the power cable.

giphy.gif

So he must have been out for 10 hours then.

Mr Moose

Mine wasn't working at first (not all anyway), I signed out of my account and back in and it seemed to be fine. Fingers crossed.

Endy MacK

Last week, while watching Netflix, I got a pop-up stating that my PS4 had been deactivated (or something to that effect). I immediately changed my password, removed my credit card and thought nothing more of it -- until tonight. I can't load any of my games or apps because my PS4 is not the primary console. I log on to my account and can see that there is an active PS4, but states I can only deactivate it from the console itself. Obviously I can't do this, as it is not my console.

Anyway, I am waiting on the line for support now (15 min and counting, actually). Just thought I'd share.

FTF

Last week, while watching Netflix, I got a pop-up stating that my PS4 had been deactivated (or something to that effect). I immediately changed my password, removed my credit card and thought nothing more of it -- until tonight. I can't load any of my games or apps because my PS4 is not the primary console. I log on to my account and can see that there is an active PS4, but states I can only deactivate it from the console itself. Obviously I can't do this, as it is not my console.

Anyway, I am waiting on the line for support now (15 min and counting, actually). Just thought I'd share.

Ugh, that sucks man.

wig

You can do it online on the SEN account management website. It only allows you to do it once every six months though. It's worth a try.

spwolf

you can actually deactivate all of your consoles from your account...

http://community.us.playstation.com...als/Deactivate-PS4-Online/m-p/42534227#M29638

RootCause

Up here too. Bought MM8, and Legends. Now deciding if I should get Revs 2 for vita. Already have it for ps4, but it would be nice to have another RE game on portable.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Everything is back up for me here in Los Angeles. During the downtime, I managed to finish page 19 of my comic book! Just three more pages to pencil and ink, and the issue will be done, then moving on to coloring and lettering! Woot!

I also got to play a lot more DanganRonpa: Ultimate Despair Girls.

Now I'm finally going to see about finishing up Game of Thrones if I can. I still have episode 5 to clear, then six, but I'm not sure how long it will take me to beat those two.

Melchiah

Turning off the internet worked. Rocket League is playing again.

I'm saying, despite not going the "always on" route, both these consoles are fairly useless without a net connection.

I played Bloodborne and Resogun just fine today. Couldn't play Destiny naturally.

PSN is back online here in Finland. Just synced the trophies, but the news feed is still slow to load.

Top Bottom