• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale 8.25-8.27 (NA)

kikiribu

Is Darksiders 2 good on PS4 Pro? Any tearing/frame rate issues?

I thought the first game was pretty good, and heard it's 60fps on PS4? Why couldn't they do the same with Darksiders 2? It hardly looks better than the first, and art style's the same..

carda114

Asked in another thread, but that one seems dead. Anybody know if Dead Rising runs well and looks fine on PS4? Thank you.

tootie923

I did not. Worth it for $7.49?

Thoughts on Cho Aniki Zero? ;) Worth it for $2.39?

Edit: Planning on getting Murdered: Soul Suspect and Sleeping Dogs thus far.

Sleeping Dogs DE is worth it, but it's been cheaper at $4.50 before. I don't know why it has been more on the last couple of sales.

zMiiChy-

Banned
Is Darksiders 2 good on PS4 Pro? Any tearing/frame rate issues?

I thought the first game was pretty good, and heard it's 60fps on PS4? Why couldn't they do the same with Darksiders 2? It hardly looks better than the first, and art style's the same..
Avoid like the plague.
It's the most broken game I've ever played on a PlayStation console.

It is virtually unplayable due to the constant hard-crashes.

kikiribu

I didn't beat it but played for over 10 hours and don't remember crashing being a huge issue. May have happened once or twice, but I still enjoyed the game.

Avoid like the plague.
It's the most broken game I've ever played on a PlayStation console.

It is virtually unplayable due to the constant hard-crashes.
Thank you. I see it's on PS Now. Guess I'll use my free trial and try it there. I just want to be ready for Darksiders 3

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
CTRL F - Nioh

*nothing found*

PSN Sales are useless.

Useless? The game has been available for only 6 months and in that time it has already been discounted at least twice from what I recall. Pretty good odds it will happen again shortly.

chaos789

Banned
Still waiting on a sale for Night in the Woods. Does not look like its gonna happen though. I guess I will have to purchase it for 19.99.

Does Overcook support online co-op? Anyone here play/bought Trivial Pursuit? I enjoy trivia games and I really miss Buzz Quiz.
How are the later episodes of King's Quest? Played and beat Episode 1 after it being free on Plus.

chaosaeon

Sleeping Dogs: DE is on sale again. Never found out if you can fix the washed out look with in game brightness. If I can get the original with DLC running at 60fps on PC with good AA and a mod or two, is it even worth it ? Them faded non glowing neon signs in the DE might bother me (even if they are animated now). Anyone went from one to the other ?

Edit : Also Evil Within. Does EW have abysmal PC performance that would warrant getting it on PS4 (now that boost mode apparently improves it) ?

HotHamBoy

Definite trash sale

Good lord, people.

DariusBurst Chronicle Saviours is $8 on Vita and $10 on PS4. No cross-buy but there is cross-save and that game is a fucking steal at those prices.

Crypt of the Necrodancer
for $3 is also fantastic but be aware that it's also on sale for $2 on iOS and just got a free Danganronpa update on that platform that isn't coming to consoles in NA. Plus you can use your own music.

I'll also vouch for the Steamworld games, especially Heist.

Y'all buy Yonder if you want a chill crafting/exploration game. No combat, just rewarding gathering and light farming across a map that's not too big or too small.
I just beat the main story in 8 hours or so and now I'm ready to wrap up all the extra quests for the Plat.

Has anyone played the ABC murders? I might get it because I've always been curious how Agatha Christie novels worked as games but I've never played one.

So more than 24 hours later annnnd.... "Your transaction may not have happened" (it didn't).

WTF.

EDIT - Support claimed my home address was wrong, after having me change it from Drive to Dr, this new agent had me go from Dr to Drive.

Still didn't work, apparently I had a 24-hr wait again.

Plugged in my PS4, added the same items to cart.

It worked.

WTF.

I really liked Final Fantasy 13, and thought 13-2 was fairly decent. Should I buy Lightning Returns?

Lightning Returns is legitimately great. I can't help but wonder if it would've been less overlooked if it wasn't tied to XIII. It's so divorced from the original you can practically afford to treat it as an experimental oneoff game that happens to star XIII's cast anyway. Story is a bit weird and the costume stuff is just bizarre, but the actual gameplay is great. If you go in with that mindset it's a blast.

M.W.

Technomancer...$9.99....watched many a review including ACG...looks like the type of game i would have fun playing...though the jank...gah...any impressions?

preta

DariusBurst for $10 is a great price. There's a ton of content in that game. Get it if you like horizontal shooters.

Seriously. It's got a ton of distinct content, way more than most shooters. It also includes Dariusburst Another Chronicle EX (the latest arcade Darius, and the predecessor to this one), so it's really two games in one.

I also can't make any post about this game without plugging its absolutely amazing music.

And of course the DLC is on sale too, which adds a ton of new guest ships from other companies, which even include their unique mechanics, and new levels and music to go with them.

foxdvd

Technomancer...$9.99....watched many a review including ACG...looks like the type of game i would have fun playing...though the jank...gah...any impressions?

A couple of people have asked in this thread. I got my platinum on the game a while back, and my overall impression was it was enjoyable. If anyone has played Bound by Flame, or Mars War Logs, it feels like a bigger budget version of those games...but not by much. It also drags on at the end because of all the back-tracking. But on the higher difficulties it is actually fun in a low-rent sort of way.

I would easily recommend it for 10 bucks if you are ok with lower budget games...It always feels a bit off compared to more polished big budget games, but that is some of its charm as well...

down 2 orth

Lightning Returns is legitimately great. I can't help but wonder if it would've been less overlooked if it wasn't tied to XIII. It's so divorced from the original you can practically afford to treat it as an experimental oneoff game that happens to star XIII's cast anyway. Story is a bit weird and the costume stuff is just bizarre, but the actual gameplay is great. If you go in with that mindset it's a blast.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot then.

autoduelist

So this sale makes me want to pick up a PSTV.

Would I be able to play PS1 classics on it? Never played SotN and wanted to, but I don't have a PS3, Vita, or PSP.

The pstv is a great PS1 player. And great for PSP, vita, too. I used to have a PSP with all these wires hanging from it trying to get it to a tv, and it never felt right... now I can just use an old DS3 [or ds4] and play everything with all modern hookups. Fantastic.

I'm surprised it bombed so hard, it's one of my favorite gadgets and I use it all the time.

Fisty

Oh cool Drakengard 3 is on sale for $10. I can overlook the poor performance for that price.

*checks related content*

What the fuck $30 for the DLC?!? Goddamn Square, talk about milking the niche. Is the DLC at least worth it?

Darius Burst looks interesting. Is it OK for shitty STG players? Like, is there an easy mode where I can just roll through and see cool bosses and play the "hundreds" of levels in story mode? And how does it manage to have hundreds of levels? I imagine it just remixes certain sections a bunch?

preta

Darius Burst looks interesting. Is it OK for shitty STG players? Like, is there an easy mode where I can just roll through and see cool bosses and play the "hundreds" of levels in story mode? And how does it manage to have hundreds of levels? I imagine it just remixes certain sections a bunch?

You don't usually play individual levels in the "story" mode, but you play them in smaller chunks than a normal STG, which definitely makes the mode much more approachable for less skilled players. And yes, a lot of the levels are modified versions of other levels.

Top Bottom