• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale 8.25-8.27 (NA)

tizorres

Neo Member
just use incognito (or privacy) mode in your browser.

for example:

it's an old bug, and honestly, I don't understand why it's not fixed yet. They (Sony) literally lose the customers because of that.

I had this issue, the issue only started after I logged into the eu playstation site (I'm in the US with a US account however) because that's where the 5.0 beta forums were hosted.
I fixed it, here's what I did, on chrome.

• got to setting by clicking the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner.
  • click "advance" to open the advance settings
  • scroll down to "content settings" under "privacy and security"
  • click "cookies"
  • press "ctrl + f' on your keyboard and search for "playstation"
  • click the trashcan and delete all the playstation related sites

I want to reiterate that I tried doing the "clear browsing data" for all cookies/cache before but for some reason that didn't fix it, doing it this way actually did so I'm not sure.

Take it as you will. Hope this works for you or anyone else having this issue.

Is the Just Cause 3 expansion pass worth $10?
Hell Yeah! The jetpack alone is worth the price of admission so everything else is just icing on the cake. The missions are pretty subpar but The jetpack, mech with force powers,boat that can damn near fly, and the hammer of dawn like lighting gun make it more than worth it.

JenniBee

Neo Member
The only game I purchased was Tina's Toy Factory for PS4. It's a match-3 puzzle game, but it was only 98 cents, so I thought I'd give it a try at that price.

Still having that transaction error thing. I guess they don't want my money (and no, I'm not going to get a gift card - I got a PlayStation CC specifically because I get like $20 PSN credit monthly from using it for PS store purchases - and yes there is plenty of credit available).

EDIT: Spoke with Support. They seem to have no idea what is actually wrong, but stated there is a 24-hr period which I may have to wait to try again. My billing address and all that jazz is the exact same as it's always been, which is the same on both my cards. Oh well.

watdaeff4

Hell Yeah! The jetpack alone is worth the price of admission so everything else is just icing on the cake. The missions are pretty subpar but The jetpack, mech with force powers,boat that can damn near fly, and the hammer of dawn like lighting gun make it more than worth it.

Thanks!

Is the jet pack just for the DLC conten5t or is available throughout the game?

Appreciate your feedback

ryseing

Picked up Necrodancer, Pixel Gear, and Tethered.

Looking for opinions on Aragami and Technomancer. I've had both wishlisted for a while but would prefer to only get one.

Sleeping Dogs/Definitive Edition worth it?

Did you play Sleeping Dogs last gen? The port isn't great but it's a fun game if you haven't touched it.

Thanks!

Is the jet pack just for the DLC conten5t or is available throughout the game?

Appreciate your feedback
You can use it throughout the open world and I believe main story missions as well but I didn't get to try it out since I beat the game last year. You are Iron Man pretty much when u get better at using the air brake.

Linkura

Did you play Sleeping Dogs last gen? The port isn't great but it's a fun game if you haven't touched it.

I did not. Worth it for $7.49?

Thoughts on Cho Aniki Zero? ;) Worth it for $2.39?

Edit: Planning on getting Murdered: Soul Suspect and Sleeping Dogs thus far.

netguy503

You can use it throughout the open world and I believe main story missions as well but I didn't get to try it out since I beat the game last year. You are Iron Man pretty much when u get better at using the air brake.

Iron Man at 10FPS. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

autoduelist

Ahhhh fuck yes I've been waiting. Have the vita version and didn't want to double dip for ps4 until it got cheap.

Great game.

how is the vita version of Dariusburst? I'm definitely getting one version, just trying to decide.

Carnage Heart EXA is also calling my name. Anyone ever try it out?

It's solid for what it is. You learn a visual programming language and fill nodes in that your mech will follow.

My main issue was that while it's great that there are a ton of commands/options and versatility, each new command has a tutorial [or more than one, depending] and so you're learning how to code for quite a long time. This makes sense - it's not an 'easy' game, you're effectively learning how to code mechs... but in practice, there is a high risk of burnout before you even get to the real game.

---------------

gladiator begins [psp] is a steal. get this game!

----------

Wow, I wanted Yonder when it launched, like, a month ago but decided I had too much on my plate and would wait for a sale.
Had no idea it'd come so soon!

GOOCHY

I had to pick up Dariusburst at that price. Every time they have a flash sale I've been looking for it to be just a *little* cheaper. This time was the ticket.

Drakhyrr

For a PS3 owner, there are a lot of deals on classics, except almost of all them have been cheaper in past sales =(

Alter Echo is on its lowest non-plus price, though, and looks interesting. Any good impressions?

Time Machine VR $9.89 67%
Pixel Gear $3.29 70%
Carnival Games VR $9.99 50%
Overcooked $6.79 60%
DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours $9.59 84%

looking for opinions on the above in BOLD. they're the ones I'm interested in. Will probably get pixel gear and overcooked.
Overcooked is super fun if you have at least one other person to play with. I haven't played through it solo so I don't know if it holds up without a companion.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Konami PSOne classics are on sale as well.

MGS
Silent Hill
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Suikoden series if that's your thing

Perineum

So this sale makes me want to pick up a PSTV.

Would I be able to play PS1 classics on it? Never played SotN and wanted to, but I don't have a PS3, Vita, or PSP.

Any thoughts on Lords of the Fallen? I liked the Soulsborne games and liked Nioh, so this has to be worth $4, right?

Game is pretty damn bad. It's Bootleg Souls.

If you really want a Souls-like game and have beaten all the Souls games then go for it. Just make sure you've got really low standards because it doesn't do anything very good. Even the hitboxes are so bad they make DS2 seem perfect.

Pancake Mix

So this sale makes me want to pick up a PSTV.

Would I be able to play PS1 classics on it? Never played SotN and wanted to, but I don't have a PS3, Vita, or PSP.

Yes you can play most PS1 Classics on PSTV, including SotN

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PS_one_Classics_(North_America)

No Spyro or Crash in NA for Vita or PSTV due to licensing, and a few games require PS3 transfer for Vita or PSTV (MGS, Silent Hill), but SotN is not one of those despite being by Konami. You can buy and download on PSTV no problem.

Since you sound like you're in a PS1 mood, on any PS3 you'd be able to use your PS1 discs too, every unit is backwards compatible with PS3. But if you don't have any of those and can afford to miss a few heavy hitters, PSTV would be a good choice. It's a nice little device, dirt cheap too.

Perineum

Hm... I've never really played a Horror game but The Evil Within is tempting at that price...

You'd be starting with a great one. It has some good third person shooting, leveling mechanics, world building, sound design, and the atmosphere is through the roof.

It has some pacing issues in spots, and it used to have technical issues but those were patched out.

Story is a hit or miss for some. It's great, and the thirst for EW2 is real now because of it. Or you may find it hard to follow or nonsensical.

Play at night with headphones for the optimal experience.

Perineum

Yes you can play most PS1 Classics on PSTV, including SotN

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PS_one_Classics_(North_America)

No Spyro or Crash in NA for Vita or PSTV due to licensing, and a few games require PS3 transfer for Vita or PSTV (MGS, Silent Hill), but SotN is not one of those despite being by Konami. You can buy and download on PSTV no problem.

Since you sound like you're in a PS1 mood, on any PS3 you'd be able to use your PS1 discs too, every unit is backwards compatible with PS3. But if you don't have any of those and can afford to miss a few heavy hitters, PSTV would be a good choice. It's a nice little device, dirt cheap too.

I was digging PSTV's other fun feature of remote play so that when I want to come up to hang out with the Mrs at night if she's reading I could continue something without shutting off the PS4.

Do dual shock 4's work with PSTV? Will it detect them without being plugged into the PSTV?

Also, for Vita games, or well, really Persona 4 Golden, I assume I can only buy digital versions to have access to those through the PSTV?

Pancake Mix

I was digging PSTV's other fun feature of remote play so that when I want to come up to hang out with the Mrs at night if she's reading I could continue something without shutting off the PS4.

Do dual shock 4's work with PSTV? Will it detect them without being plugged into the PSTV?

Also, for Vita games, or well, really Persona 4 Golden, I assume I can only buy digital versions to have access to those through the PSTV?

I honestly haven't tried remote play as my network environment isn't really good enough for it. It should work fine, just with a bit of input lag due to the stream. There's an Ethernet jack by the way, which should help with stability compared to Wi-fi.

Yes, Dualshock 3 and 4 both work with PSTV. You just need to sync it once with a USB cable.

Nope! The PSTV has a physical game card slot (and memory card slot, of course). You can absolutely buy physical.

Perineum

I honestly haven't tried remote play as my network environment isn't really good enough for it. It should work fine, just with a bit of input lag due to the stream. There's an Ethernet jack by the way, which should help with stability compared to Wi-fi.

Yes, Dualshock 3 and 4 both work with PSTV. You just need to sync it once with a USB cable.

Nope! The PSTV has a physical game card slot (and memory card slot, of course). You can absolutely buy physical.

Physical?! Mind blown.

I'll get a 8GB card and PS4G.

Time to get SoTN too.

Thanks.

Top Bottom