• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale 8.25-8.27 (NA)

Storm Brewer

Neo Member
Suikoden I-III on sale along with silent hill 1/metal gear solid 1. All some great Konami classics if you're in the mood for remembering what they used to be :)

Edit: Symphony of the Night also on sale but just get the Dracula X Chronicles unless you don't have a vita, has SotN as an unlockable, and two versions of Rondo of Blood.

Ogawa-san

Any thoughts on Lords of the Fallen? I liked the Soulsborne games and liked Nioh, so this has to be worth $4, right?
It's rude to say someone's work isn't worth $4, but yeah, it's not.

It's a pretty bad game that gave me literal headaches since it runs between 10 and 20fps, and I could get these headaches for free.

jjonez18

Am I the only one who can not view the PS store on my computer? Every link always redirects to an error page that says access denied.

I've concluded that the PS Store is just ass. I can't view anything half the time. The other half I have stuff in my cart, but I can't check out. Only way that works fine is via the console/handheld apps.

Not much to those sale for my tastes.

How is Verdun? Reviews look mediocre to decent, but it looks like it got some great ps4 pro enhancements. Always up for a cheap janky shooter if it's halfway fun!

Darius Burst Chronicle will finally be mine. Haven't bought one since G-Darius on PS1. Will be nice to play the game after listening to it's soundtrack so many times while running.

Aside from that there's not much else that interests me this flash sale.

What's the story there?

You can't just casually drop that into chat.... What did you do or what happened?

I have 2 PS3's, and one of them has CFW. I got sloppy and accidentally signed onto my main PSN account with the CFW PS3, and got a lifetime ban within a few days. I have no one else to blame but myself, but damn it sucks bad.

9 years building up my digital library now gone forever..the ironic thing is I don't even use the CFW PS3 for piracy, I just make HDD backups of my disk games + emulators/homebrew. :(

DigSCCP

Should I grab Danganronpa 1 and 2?
Finished my first VN ever last month it was Steins;Gate I had a blast with it.
I like Persona if it does count for something lol

It needs to be said again. Buy Darius Burst. The base game already has absurdly large amounts of contents and very high replay value. $10 is a steal.

Also buy those DLC if you have nostalgia on those old-school shmups.

Leynos

Hmm, Dariusburst is really tempting, especially since it is normally $40. I had a blast with the PSX game, and really want to play it again. I had no idea that it had so much expensive DLC.

Carnage Heart EXA is also calling my name. Anyone ever try it out?

Shady859

I have 2 PS3's, and one of them has CFW. I got sloppy and accidentally signed onto my main PSN account with the CFW PS3, and got a lifetime ban within a few days. I have no one else to blame but myself, but damn it sucks bad.

9 years building up my digital library now gone forever..the ironic thing is I don't even use the CFW PS3 for piracy, I just make HDD backups of my disk games + emulators/homebrew. :(

OUCH, pricey mistake.

Allforce

Is the best deal for Overcooked the Holiday Bundle or am I reading that wrong? It's the same price as the Gourmet Bundle and includes the same stuff plus some holiday stuff.

kunonabi

Grabbed Dead Rising. Would have grabbed mgs too but it was just a smidge too expensive since im locked out of adding funds at the moment.

dracula_x

Am I the only one who can not view the PS store on my computer? Every link always redirects to an error page that says access denied.

just use incognito (or privacy) mode in your browser.

for example:

MK5AYYq.png

it's an old bug, and honestly, I don't understand why it's not fixed yet. They (Sony) literally lose the customers because of that.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Yonder The Cloud Catcher Chronicles is an absolute steal at $7. Highly, highly recommended, especially if you have a PS4 Pro(boost mode). One of the better Unity based games I've played and just a beautiful game to play. Peaceful and relaxing.

gaiages

Banned

I played that game quite a while back and remember not enjoying it at all :(

I literally can't remember a thing about the gameplay, but man the story was horrid.

At the same time though I can't remember what it was gameplay wise that I didn't like, so you might have a better time.

Absolute garbage sale, why is Alienation still not on sale even once.

Also Lords of the Fallen is trash, not worth even 50 cents.

finalhour

I tried this out for a bit. It's a game about programming mechs to fight on their own. It uses a visual programming language, so you are wiring up these different logic gates to control how the mechs behave in different situations. I guess you could sort of compare it to the Gambit system in FF XII if you've played that, but a lot more in depth. It is certainly unique. Personally I found it kind of exhausting, but I work as a coder so it felt like more work to me, if that makes sense.

I think it is comparable to Space Chem as well, if you've played that; at least, both games gave me the "I feel like I'm working" feeling while playing them.

jbueno

Picked up the Castlevania PS1 games, Silent Hill 1, Soul Reaver, and Dariusburst Vita even though I already own physical PSV and PS4 releases and the Steam version. Will buy the PS4 digital version too, for the sake of convenience.

Occam

All the games from the banned account are inaccessible?

Top Bottom