• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN GTAV Preload issues

Wil348

I really hope tomorrow's maintenance fixes the slow download speeds and the servers in general. If they don't.....hoooo boy we're fucked.

todahawk

Just an FYI to juniors, post large images within a quote (even if it's your own) so you're friendly to mobile and not blowing up the forum layout.

Metalmarc

Just a heads up incase some don't know, aren't aware.

U.S

[MAINTENANCE] Monday, November 17th, 2014

We wanted to take a moment to inform you of a network maintenance, currently scheduled for Monday the 17th, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Pacific Time (12:00 PM to 6:00 PM Eastern Time). We expect this maintenance to last approximately 6 hours. During this time we will deploy a series of back-end improvements to the network.

We thank you for your patience and support and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/MAINTENANCE-Monday-November-17th-2014/td-p/44738292

EU

There is PSN Maintenance scheduled for Monday 17th November from 17:00 to 23:00 GMT

For the duration of the maintenance you will be unable to login to Account Management and the PS Store. PS Home will also be unavailable.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/PSN-Maintenance-scheduled-for-Monday-17th-November/td-p/22645779

Hoping I can get the majority downloaded before I have to leave to catch a flight at 4 Central. Was thinking the pre-load would go live at 2AM Pacific but no go. Hopefully I don't have errors I really would hate to download this over the hotel Wifi.

Just a heads up incase some don't know, aren't aware.

U.S

[MAINTENANCE] Monday, November 17th, 2014

We wanted to take a moment to inform you of a network maintenance, currently scheduled for Monday the 17th, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Pacific Time (12:00 PM to 6:00 PM Eastern Time). We expect this maintenance to last approximately 6 hours. During this time we will deploy a series of back-end improvements to the network.

We thank you for your patience and support and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/MAINTENANCE-Monday-November-17th-2014/td-p/44738292

EU

There is PSN Maintenance scheduled for Monday 17th November from 17:00 to 23:00 GMT

For the duration of the maintenance you will be unable to login to Account Management and the PS Store. PS Home will also be unavailable.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/PSN-Maintenance-scheduled-for-Monday-17th-November/td-p/22645779

There is a possibility that if downloads are started before this time, then they aren't interrupted during the downtime. Hopefully that is the case.

xXJonoXx

Would it be better to buy this Digitally or Physical copy? This game is the reason I bought a PS4 so I won't ever sell it or trade it in. Will the game load faster or better via disc or digitally? I do plan to upgrade my PS4 HDD to a SSD for this game as well.

LeFAIS

Any word on why US is getting the shaft?

Seriously Sony wtf?

Preloading times are weird, my far cry and GTA are downloading days in advance. But my Unity download started less then 24 hours prior to launch.

I'm EU, I know Unity started a couple of days prior to release in the US.

Would it be better to buy this Digitally or Physical copy? This game is the reason I bought a PS4 so I won't ever sell it or trade it in. Will the game load faster or better via disc or digitally? I do plan to upgrade my PS4 HDD to a SSD for this game as well.

You should go digital. Everything is installed from the disc. So after installation the disc is just there for proof of ownership. At least I think this is correct.

Edit: It makes sense if you're never going to sell it.

Tevious

If you plan to play GTA Online, it will at least be convenient to not have to put your disc in every time you want to play a session if you went digital.

DavidDesu

I got mine downloading but I had to seek it out on the PS4 and start it up manually. I must say the way the PS4 does these things is all over the place. It's not really clear what's happening. I had auto downloads set up but that clearly never started the download until I went and did it myself. Fortunately I didn't find this out at midnight on Monday, I would be somewhat displeased! :p

Also I wish it would tell you how much it had downloaded of the finished game without needing to look at the info screen of the game itself. This 600MB initial download then the rest happening in the background also might confuse and lead people to believe they had the full game ready to go when they don't.

Sony definitely have a long way to go to simplify and clarify the way they handle these pre-orders and downloads in general. Download speeds on my fancy new 30mbps fibre connection are lame as well through PSN. Come on Sony just get it together with online and everything else is would be perfect.

Anyway, Tuesday is my day off work. Cannot wait to play this!

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
I really don't understand why the pre-load can't begin a week before the game is out, like the bone. Pretty stupid that even now I can't begin the download and were less than 48 hours away from this game.

C-PK

Neo Member
I really don't see what the fuss is. On my end I kicked it off this morning and it was finished in a couple ofrom hours. But you guys cant even play it until mid night tomorrow. Plenty of time.

So, Sony will give less than 2 days to pre-load the game AND there's a PSN Maintenance in between? Oh boy, I really don't understand how people running these things can be so stupid.

Cc23830

I've only managed 5gb in the last 2 hours and only on 35gb at the moment,
I managed TLOU remastered in 3 hours. Irritating

ZeroX03

Banned
I hope the GTAV preload goes live soon, I want to see if my US PSN version will unlock in 18 hours on my NZ account. Unity was doing some strange things.

Wil348

Started at midnoon and checked on it about an hour ago. It was just over half way through. 23GB in 5 hours isn't terrible, but it could be better.

despire

My preload went like a charm. Started it manually in the morning and it was all finished when I got back from work ~8hrs later.

YoodlePro

I know this isn't the right thread to ask this but it's quite urgent. I'm in the UK and want to buy GTA V digitally. However, as we all know UK prices are bullshit (£55 get the hell outta here) so I have a US account ready and I can buy it for roughly £38.

Now my question is, if I buy it on the US store, but play it on my UK/EU account, how will this affect my multiplayer experience, as in will I be able to only play with NA players? Or can I switch servers ala BF4?

Thanks fellow gaffers.

Top Bottom