• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Incorrect Password? Reset password!

35v6

This happened to me today. I tried to reset my password but the email hasn't come through yet, it has been over an hour. I am in Australia.

What a bunch of assholes to not even tell the customers.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...any-user-passwords-as-a-precautionary-measure

I love that forum on the playstation blog where everyone thinks they've been hacked, and then some rep just casually says they reset 'a very small number' if passwords.
Yeah, small...doesn't look it from the number of people wondering what the fuck has happened.

At least Evilore creates a giant sticky to explain stuff, Sony tries to pretend it didn't happen to avoid bad press during this launch periods. Fucking gangsters.

EDIT:
lol, went to my email to reset password and there's an email from yesterday thanking me for my purchase from Playstation. I thought some hacker and helped themselves to my account, but it was just Sony charging me for me resub on PS+.
Worst timed email. EVER.

Just woke up ironically because the Wakeup Club couldn't connect to PSN.
Really worried when it said my login details or password were incorrect.
I remembered seeing this thread but hadn't opened it, but checked my emails first to see if there had been a password change, thankfully it was just the Sony precaution.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
guys

guys

You really don't have to preface your thread titles with "PSA:".

nampad

How about telling me what the fuck you are doing Sony? Like with the stupid ToS glitch I have to go online to see what happened. Now imagine there are less informed users out there having to deal with your stupidity.

No transparency of what is going on is the worst user experience.

Deadly_headmen

Neo Member
seriously WTF. I have an Aussie PSN account. The password didnt worked, so i reset like a lot of others before finding out what happened. And lo and behold, my password has been locked again. AGHHHH!!!!

scakko84

Happened to me yesterday and i was a bit worried, they should have sent an email to notify the password reset was required and not let the users guess what has happened.

glaurung

Happened to me last night. Turned on my PS3 and it would not sign me in, said the login information was incorrect.

Used the forgot password function over at account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com to invoke a password reset.

Signed in after creating a new password after that with no problems.

Randam

so, what do they mean with "We monitor PSN account for any irregular activity. If such activity is detected we will sometimes reset passwords."

did passworts got stolen or something else?

or were they looking for users doing irregular/illegal stuff with their accounts?

shink

Oh is that why I had to relogin before loading Netflix and my password didn't work =/
(AU PSN here)

Just reset it and seems all good now.

so, what do they mean with "We monitor PSN account for any irregular activity. If such activity is detected we will sometimes reset passwords."

did passworts got stolen or something else?

or were they looking for users doing irregular/illegal stuff with their accounts?

I'd imagine they mean something like multiple failed logins within a certain period of time, or many different IP's (possibly from different countries) etc...
I checked www.pwnedlist.com with my mail address and it said data was found about a week ago. So, maybe people tried to login with old passwords on my account, for example.

Not too worried though, as I change all of my passworts regularly.

sunnz

So I was young and stupid and used a random DOB when I created my account...

So I have to ring them up to get access, FUCK you SONY.
Why not do it like they did with the outage, a email that has the instant reset instead of this forgot password.

gruenel

BjSbjQD.png

Jinjo

Ah, so that's what it was. An official email would have been nice, scared the shit outta me, thought my account was compromised. Spend half an hour changing my passwords on all accounts associated with my PSN email just in case.

Happened to my main account a month ago, problem is that i forgot which birth date i put in on that account so i had to go through a whole heap of hoops to reset the pw.

Now it's confirmed as all SCEE, they must of discovered a hacking attempt and Sony hit a password kill-switch.

Would of been nice to have an e-mail though.

Storm360

Didn't happen to me.

Why you all have fake dob's?

For me, I would have been 12 or so when the PS3 Came out, no other choice but to use a fake date of birth

Sony got back in touch again today, told me the ID I gave then was fine (which is one thing I was really worried about since my only cameras are a Vita and a older iPhone, so not the best situation, they'll contact me again shorty and let me know when everything is done

(There were a few people in the same boat as me yesterday aswell, worried that Sony wouldn't change their D.O.B due to being underage when the account was made but we seem to be fine)

Still curious if I triggered it myself, the only things I've dine difference is signed in at University to grab the PS+ stuff, and used my Vita to connect to my bus homes Wireless connection and play Killzone

So, I clicked on forgot password, had to enter my DOB and got an e-mail. Clicked on the link in the e-mail to change my password and got this:

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 2***********************5

What now?

Edit: Problem solved. My e-mail provider fucked the URL up.

Happened to me too. Requested a password change, everything is working fine now. Damn, I got scared my account had been compromised...

Kerub

Banned
This made me a bit worried. Is it such a big hassle to create an error message like "Your password has been reset, you need to change it"? Or send an email to the accounts that have been affected?

And my date of birth is incorrect of course. I guess I'll have to call support.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Murrica fuck yea!

Still gonna change my password it's about that time. I usually rotate them every 6 months or so.

jonno394

Just been on the phone for half hour, basically I changed ISP providers recently and forgot to update my PSN account details, so now a simple password reset is gonna take up to 7 days to sort and I have to send photographic evidence over to them as well :/ balls

sunnz

Guys i cannot remember the birthdate "i registered with fake one" , what can i do to restore my password ?

I had the same problem, i contacted SONY and they could allow me to regain my account but I had to change my DOB and my email address, plus I had to wait for them to contact me again before it happened ( as well as send them ID and a new email address to use)

Anyway I found a MUCH MUCH easier way to change my password but it requires a PS vita ( could work on on a phone, not sure)

What I did was click on forgot password on my vita and basically entered as many DOB I could think of, after like 15 or so tries it sent a message to my email address and gave me a link to a password reset.

It allowed me to change my password instantly ( no DOB or previous password required)

You could have someone with a vita do it for you ( give them your email and let them do the forgot password until the email is sent)

A LOT easier.

ZeroCDR

I was terrified for a bit, said my password was incorrect tonight and it was working fine as of yesterday. I had to reset it and now I'm good to go.

When do we get more free games Sony?

Chris_C

I woke up this morning and my PS4 was pulsing white, with no image on screen, had to unplug the AC cord to restart it, then got prompted to enter my dob and reset my password (I have a US account)

Shrewder

Neo Member
Wow, would've been nice if they made more public announcement. I was really confused, thought I got hacked.

Same here. After changing my password, I was able to log into my accounts on PS3, Vita, PC and PS4. It's odd that I didn't have to type in my password on the PS4. I had trouble logging in for a bit, but then it worked. How could I log in without giving my new password?

Now, I have to figure out my two other accounts on two separate PS3's.

Edit: I wonder if using the camera, with facial recognition log in, is why I didn't have to type in my password?

Samus4145

Just got the reset password email for a second time. Mistake or is someone messing with me? I already changed my password to a unique one the first time

Top Bottom