• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuosa

KenOD said:
It's never almost over. Every time you think it might be, "just a few more days". So stop worrying and learn to love these threads.
I'm actually going to miss these threads if when it's over...

StuBurns

Banned
I don't really get why people care that much about getting updates. All the updates are is "we're working on it", they could post it once a week, once a day or once an hour it makes no difference.

Brannon

Yeah, the PSN Downtime threads have been absolutely hilarious. A nice, entertaining feature that Sony's going to take away when they get PSN back up. Always with the taking. Y U NO LERN LESSAN!

Andrefpvs

Wario64 said:
That hurts my feelings :(

You are... no, it can't be!

A poster on the NeoGAF forums, Kagari, says that he has confirmed with sources in the development community that PSN is up and running, although she says "things are still a bit shaky at the moment."

So, she-male? ._.

Hazelhurst

StuBurns said:
I don't really get why people care that much about getting updates. All the updates are is "we're working on it", they could post it once a week, once a day or once an hour it makes no difference.
It gives us peace of mind bro.

StuBurns said:
Well, first off, they don't need to be that lazy. Second of all, it does clarify the situation a little bit in the sense that, if it's been a few days since the last "few more days" update, and they say it again, you now know that the last "few more days" update wasn't a sign that it should be up momentarily now. That is, of course, assuming you're the optimistic type and thought it would be up soon in the first place.

StuBurns

Banned
Steve Youngblood said:
Well, first off, they don't need to be that lazy. Second of all, it does clarify the situation a little bit in the sense that, if it's been a few days since the last "few more days" update, and they say it again, you now know that the last "few more days" update wasn't a sign that it should be up momentarily now. That is, of course, assuming you're the optimistic type and thought it would be up soon in the first place.
They said "at least a few more days" I believe. I think that's easily a week. I'm thinking Tuesday maybe, but we'll probably get an update Monday.

watership

StuBurns said:

It's a sign that you're working on the issue and you care about those who might be wondering at that time, "What's going on?" It's just good business. Being in the dark and seeing no updates for days gives the appearance that nothing is going on, even if Heaven and Hell is being moved to bring something up.

Mikey Jr.

So Friday is pretty much a no-go?

And they sure as shit won't release anything over the weekend.

So Monday-Friday next week if we're lucky?

/biggest sigh in the world

StuBurns said:
They said "at least a few more days" I believe. I think that's easily a week. I'm thinking Tuesday maybe, but we'll probably get an update Monday.
The fact that you're prefacing your estimate with "I think" is exactly why a clarification might be in order. Further, I don't think it would be a bad idea to spin a yarn about what the process has been like.

LMAO at the comments.

"The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch""

StuBurns

Banned
Steve Youngblood said:
The fact that you're prefacing your estimate with "I think" is exactly why a clarification might be in order. Further, I don't think it would be a bad idea to spin a yarn about what the process has been like.
If an update came with new information yeah, I'd welcome it, but people seem to want daily updates even if they say the exact same thing as if they need constant reassurance Sony is actually working to fix it. We know they are, I don't really see what difference it makes personally.

Luckyman

Banned
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/13/us-sony-idUSTRE74C70420110513

UH OH

(Reuters) - Sony Corp's computer networks remain vulnerable to attack three weeks after the company learned that it had been victim of one of the biggest data breaches in history, according to an Internet security expert.

The expert found a handful of security flaws in Sony's networks while remotely studying its systems via the Internet to see how difficult it would be to penetrate the electronics giant's systems in the wake of the attacks.

Security researcher John Bumgarner discovered a potential bonanza for hackers by using little more than a web browser, Google's search engine and a basic understanding of Internet security systems.

"Sony still has several external security issues that need to be addressed," said Bumgarner, chief technology officer for the U.S. Cyber Consequences Unit, a research group funded by government and private sector grants that monitors Internet threats.

ElRenoRaven

Luckyman said:

UH OH

(Reuters) - Sony Corp's computer networks remain vulnerable to attack three weeks after the company learned that it had been victim of one of the biggest data breaches in history, according to an Internet security expert.

The expert found a handful of security flaws in Sony's networks while remotely studying its systems via the Internet to see how difficult it would be to penetrate the electronics giant's systems in the wake of the attacks.

Security researcher John Bumgarner discovered a potential bonanza for hackers by using little more than a web browser, Google's search engine and a basic understanding of Internet security systems.

"Sony still has several external security issues that need to be addressed," said Bumgarner, chief technology officer for the U.S. Cyber Consequences Unit, a research group funded by government and private sector grants that monitors Internet threats.

This does not surprise me one bit. They're simply incompetent. There is no doubt about that now.

Amir0x

Banned
oh fuck me... that'll push Sony back another ten weeks for launch >_<

hire that guy and get it done already fuck

Brannon

Is that recent?

*today 5:48pm*

Oh my.... JUNE!

PBF044ADMovingBirthday.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mind as well close this thread and let someone create the OT PSN is back thread 2 weeks before it goes back up

lol

meppi

Jesus Christ at this pace I see myself playing Battlefield 3 SP over and over again, wondering how awesome it would be to play the game the way it's meant to be played. :-/

Luckyman said:

UH OH

PSN had a good run. 2006-2011. RIP.

S1kkZ

Wario64 said:
Mind as well close this thread and let someone create the OT PSN is back thread 2 weeks before it goes back up

lol
ok guys, see you in 2012!

i just want to play portal 2 coop :(

androvsky

is he just taking ddos flaws to make a story or what? what other services can you look at without running a nessus scan anyway?

edit: err, services other than apache and the os, I mean.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Luckyman said:

UH OH

None of those flaws relate to the Playstation Network- just random Sony sites and other companies that aren't SCEA/E/I/N.

Bumgarner also found an access point to a server running an identity management system that he said controls access to logins and passwords for employees throughout Sony Pictures Entertainment. He located that system by conducting a Google search using the terms "site:.Sony.com identity."

Most companies attempt to hide these servers from the prying eyes of potential hackers because these systems are linked to sensitive employee account data, he said.

In a file on Sony's website that alerts search-engine crawlers to which sections of the site that Sony wants a search engine to avoid cataloging, the company provided a link to an internal password-protected software application.
HEYO HEYO ITS OFF TO GOOGLE WE GO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom