• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

webrunner

Solstice said:
I agree with this. When you think about it, if Sony had never existed, more than likely they wouldn't have gotten hacked like this.

amidoinitrite.gif

If it wasn't for the big bang there wouldn't be any matter so there wouldn't be any stars so there wouldn't be any planets so there wouldn't be any earth so there wouldn't be any life so there wouldn't be any primates so there wouldn't be any humans so there wouldn't be any societies so there wouldn't be any empires so there wouldn't be any japan so there wouldn't be any sony so there wouldn't be any playstation so there wouldn't be a PS3 so there wouldn't be a PSN so you wouldn't put your info in it so it wouldn't have gotten stolen.

Protect your personal data: Vote yes on prop 314 to repeal the big bang.

Ashes

Banned
Technosteve said:
This thread Delivers psn being down I worst then when steam launched and it would be down for hours.

You sound half asleep, or near dead drunk. Perhaps you should step away from the keyboard buddy.

webrunner said:

rofl

webrunner said:
JLU_The%20Greatest%20Story%20Never%20Told.jpg

Booster Gold: Protecting YOUR FUTURE by fighting in his past...

fernoca

The Felo said:
Yeah just a few more days I'm sure.
Yep. SOE said "a few more days" yesterday too.

May 12 said:
We are currently in the process of an extensive upgrade to our network to further protect your information from future attacks. It will likely be at least a few more days before we restore our services, and when we come back online, here is what you can expect for each of our game services.
Though SOE is not PSN, still..things look will continue the same "a few more days".

test_account

XP-39C²
3rdman said:
Many cared but it's not worth rehashing...In any case, when Sony went sue-happy and did the blame game; all the while, not properly securing their online service, they've do nothing but prove their incompetence.

I feel for the people affected (I am one of them as well, by the way) but I won't feel sympathy for a corporation that should have listened to their customers...even the less savory ones.
I dont think that the sueing affected any other process within Sony. The people who did the lawsuits are afterall not Sony employees, so they wouldnt do any other work within Sony if the lawsuits werent going on. If Sony knew that someone could hack PSN, surely they would have done what they could to avoid it. But since we dont know much about the PSN security, it will only be speculation on how good or bad the security was.

So far the lawsuit have actually seem to be somewhat efficient for Sony. Mathieulh says he found the firmware 3.60 keys, but will never release then since he dont want to risk getting sued. Probably wont stop all PS3 hacking forever though, but it seemed to have helped a bit for Sony so far at least.

We can also speculate if PS3 would have been hacked if Sony didnt remove OtherOS from the PS3 Phat models. Maybe it would or maybe it wouldnt, impossible to say for sure.

Mandoric

Banned
Tellaerin said:
I think you're underestimating how short consumers' attention spans are.

Sure, there'll be people who keep grumbling for awhile after the service goes back up, but it won't last. It never does. As long as this remains a one-shot occurrence (and I imagine it will), folks will go right back to buying PS3's and playing games on PSN like nothing ever happened. Though I imagine the competition will try their damnedest to turn it into a permanent black mark against the system, 'In all the time it's been running, PSN was down once, for around a month, and Sony made up for it afterward by giving people a couple of free games' isn't the kind of thing that's going to drive them out of the market.

GOG considers their week of downtime to have been a -successful- marketing stunt, FWIW. And that had no communications, just a shutdown notice.

Man, it was convenient to be able to just buy what I wanted from the store with my CC info on file... now it's going to be a pain in the ass to order a PSN card from amazon every time I want something. :(

corrosivefrost said:
Man, it was convenient to be able to just buy what I wanted from the store with my CC info on file... now it's going to be a pain in the ass to order a PSN card from amazon every time I want something. :(
Call me stupid but I'll be re-linking my credit card as soon as the service comes back up. I don't see any reason not to, even if the data gets stolen at least we know it's encrypted.

larvi

Mandoric said:
GOG considers their week of downtime to have been a -successful- marketing stunt, FWIW. And that had no communications, just a shutdown notice.

The potential for outages like this are exactly the reason I buy my digital content from GoG if I have a choice in the matter.

So, how long is "a few days"?

They really should just pay Blizzard and Valve royalties so they can say Soon™. At least then I'll know not to anticipate anything timely.

Sofo

The_Darkest_Red said:
Call me stupid but I'll be re-linking my credit card as soon as the service comes back up. I don't see any reason not to, even if the data gets stolen at least we know it's encrypted.
Don't worry, I will most likely do the same.

I know it'll be up tomorrow morning when I wake up. I just know it won't fail me. ;_;/

i got excited thinking that there were going to be some good sales on PS3 games online because of the outage but didn't see anything special.

finally *tried* logging in today. that maintenance message hurts. like ripping off a bandaid.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
This thread has me all confused. Is Kagari a young man, a guy, a girl, a manbearpig or is he fistful's alt account?

The mind boggles

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Combichristoffersen said:
This thread has me all confused. Is Kagari a young man, a guy, a girl, a manbearpig or is he fistful's alt account?

The mind boggles
A Moogle.

jayb

Combichristoffersen said:

The mind boggles

Cranberry Knight

BannedEpisode said:
So, how long is "a few days"?They really should just pay Blizzard and Valve royalties so they can say Soon™. At least then I'll know not to anticipate anything timely.
This is what I want to know..C'mon Sony

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
BannedEpisode said:
So, how long is "a few days"?

They really should just pay Blizzard and Valve royalties[ so they can say Soon™. At least then I'll know not to anticipate anything timely.

No need for that,they have their own Team Ico and Polyphony Digital date system, I think they are using that here.

enewtabie

A update would be nice. Hey it's still screwed up but we're working the weekend or something. Three days and not a word seems like a eternity. Have a PR guy take some pics of engineers sweating or Kaz pointing people in the right direction..something?

:)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
enewtabie said:
A update would be nice. Hey it's still screwed up but we're working the weekend or something. Three days and not a word seems like a eternity. Have a PR guy take some pics of engineers sweating or Kaz pointing people in the right direction..something?

:)

Kaz Hirai has been trying to get help from XboxSupport but failed

xYK1B.jpg

lFrkH.jpg

Also, "PSN Dev Net" sounds like a iPhone game like Game Dev Story. Someone should get on that and make a game

ToyBroker

Banned
That Fake Kaz account really isn't funny at all. I don't understand why he has the "Top Tweets" all the time. Just some Starbucks wanna-be screenwriter trying to cash in on the popularity of the PSN outage.

Like the BP oilspill when that BP twitter account showed up--at least he was funny.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ToyBroker said:
That Fake Kaz account really isn't funny at all. I don't understand why he has the "Top Tweets" all the time. Just some Starbucks wanna-be screenwriter trying to cash in on the popularity of the PSN outage.

Like the BP oilspill when that BP twitter account showed up--at least he was funny.

That hurts my feelings :(

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's never almost over. Every time you think it might be, "just a few more days". So stop worrying and learn to love these threads.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Wario64 said:
Game Informer updated the PSN story. Still confirms Kagari is a guy
sorta

A poster on the NeoGAF forums, Kagari, says that he has confirmed with sources in the development community that PSN is up and running, although she says "things are still a bit shaky at the moment."

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There hasn't been a blog update since the 10th.

I'm really starting to get irritated now. I mean it's great that the dev PSN is working even if it has some slight problems, but I just dread waiting more and more without any official date as to when it's supposed to come back for everyone. This shit is just beyond tiring now.

I laughed at those fake tweets btw. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom