• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN to limit gamesharing from five to two -Not retroactive- (Andriasang)

Dreamer RD

I think old games still have 5 activations, coz only new ones (=after november 18) will be coded differently for 2 downloads.

lucius

If Sony doesn't let you reset the PSP activations or give you another slot once Vita comes out that will affect whether I pick one up or not.

JWong

Banned
I don't get this "same hardware outcry".

If you have your games on your PSP, and they work on the Vita, why are you ever going to play your PSP anymore?

And who the heck plays four handhelds at once other than for the fact of giving it away to someone which was not the original intention of game sharing.

Massa

I don't get this "same hardware outcry".

If you have your games on your PSP, and they work on the Vita, why are you ever going to play your PSP anymore?

We still don't know how good the PSP emulator on the Vita is, but I already know the battery and size is no match for my PSP Go.

Dreamer RD

Deactivated all systems through qriocity, but still can play all games from that account, It's not working function huh?

androvsky

Go into your download history and start the download of the software that doesn't work. After the message changes from "Activation" to "Downloading" cancel the download. Your game should work after that. Also don't forget to reactivate your system under your account settings (I guess you've already done that).

I think he's saying his games still work even though he's deactivated. It isn't a huge surprise, the reason it took Sony so long to allow remote deactivations is they couldn't do it; I think the previous customer service "deactivation" only gave you five more activations on your account, without actually deactivating anything. And that's why they were reluctant to do it unless you'd already used all your activations.

Apparently they still don't have real remote deactivations working yet.

Dreamer RD

Yeah I use Eu account for playing, but most games bought from US account which is deactivated, but games still work. Obviously function is not working.

AndyD

aka andydumi
It may be that they will push in waves the deactivations. Or it might be part of a future firmware, a system check change locally.

The important part, that you reset activations works as intended.

DonMigs85

Well I can confirm that 3 systems are now activated on my account again (the other is a friend's and a cousin's).
So it looks like other systems that activated in the past can still play your games, at least for the time being.

Top Bottom