• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP = $350 US?

Soul4ger

I already asked Chris Kohler about this. He said GameSpot never posted any such article, and they can't figure out where GCA pulled the news from. Rather obviously I think, they yanked it from their collective ass.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to post this.

sadsony.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
*waits to hear from some sites that actually know something...*

Joe

Society said:
I love your reading skills.
actually your reading comprehension skills are what should be in question. according to his post he stopped reading at the link provided in the initial post. that means he couldn't have possibly read the source that the linked page was stating.

:)

Kon Tiki

Banned
Joe said:
actually your reading comprehension skills are what should be in question. according to his post he stopped reading at the link provided in the initial post. that means he couldn't have possibly read the source that the linked page was stating.

:)

That is my point. Do not bother to check the source, just act ignorant.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Soul4ger said:
I already asked Chris Kohler about this. He said GameSpot never posted any such article, and they can't figure out where GCA pulled the news from. Rather obviously I think, they yanked it from their collective ass.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to post this.

Um, chris is wrong. They DID post an article, and then pulled it. I saw it with my own eyes.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Joe said:
so not clicking link = bad reading skills. bad spin.

C-
**scratches head**

neptunes stopped reading, he didn't click the link.
Soul4ger questioned the source.

http://www.darkzero.co.uk/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1096358320&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

It seems that some websites were given the price point of the PSP for the US and Japan after TGS. The sites put the pricepoint up and within an hour had taken it down again, due to NDA's but this member got to see it.

The price posted was $349 for the PSP in USA or 33800Y in Japan, with a Memory stick required for all app's costing $29.99 a go. So there you have it, to have a PSP on day one with a game and a mem stick is going to cost you around $420 or for importers to the Uk around £300.

AniHawk

Yyyyyyyyeah, is darkzero.co.uk in any way reliable? First time I've ever heard of it. Would find it hard to imagine Sony pricing a system over $300, especially at such a strange point as $350.

I dont know if it is relibal, but it is another site reporting the news, and the news seems like it writen for "first hand experience" in other words the guy saw GameSpot's mess up first hand a reported on it.

Two site cant make up the news at the same time, so now i am stating to "belive this news"

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
So there source is a site that isn't even up(apparently an offshoot of their own website)?

Great....

Insertia

Sony isn't quite stupid enough to price a handheld over the price of any console they released in the past.

Also it's funny how gcadvanced changed the source to pspadvanced (which wasn't the source yesterday)

*reads the source*

reliability = -97%

I know ima get my hands on one of these sometime next year, no matter whats the price... its just too sexy to pass on..

Soul4ger

$349 for the handheld, and $29 for a memory stick? Jesus Christ, if Sony's serious, they've obviously been hitting too heavily on the UGA sledge bong or whatever it's called.

Soul4ger said:
$349 for the handheld, and $29 for a memory stick? Jesus Christ, if Sony's serious, they've obviously been hitting to heavily on the UGA sledge bong or whatever it's called.

its not confirmed yet... but if that price was real, i know i'll be delaying my purchase for this thing even further

Soul4ger

Since we're talking PSP, and I read this last night and have yet to see it posted on here, I thought this would be somewhat interesting to submit for your perusal. This is from Matt Leone's 1UP blog. Strangely, stuff like this never gets written in any articles, just on segregated personal pages. One has to wonder. Anyhoo.

People are raving about the PSP's design, but I think the excitement has been misplaced. The design seems to be okay but is really nothing special. It's a bit longer than ideal and I had some trouble hitting diagonals on the d-pad since it is sunken into the base more than the d-pad on the standard PlayStation controllers. But the screen -- oh my. EVERY game is going to look good on this thing. Vampire Chronicle PSP was one of my favorite games at the show, and a big part of that was just because of the PSP screen that makes the colors so vibrant and everthing look so clean.

Miburou

If these figures were correct, then this would be the first time SCE has sold a device at a higher price in the US than Japan.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Miborou, I think the point of this rumor was that they were setting the price for Japan and sites just converted that to its USD equivalent. I doubt they'd set the US price first when its not launching until March 2005 here, meanwhile its supposed to be launching before the end of the year in Japan.

Miburou

OK, but even that's not an accurate conversion. 33,000 (or 33,800) Yen would be about $303.

The fact that they delayed the price announcement after the DS's unveiling, and that they always sell stuff for cheaper in the states, gives me hope that the PSP will launch at $249.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
No one is listening. Gamespot DID run the $349 news, and then pulled it like 40 minutes later. That's where all these rumors the past couple of days are coming from.

pestul

Since this topic is going nowhere fast.. imagine how many pages the official Gamespot 'PSP is $350' thread will be? :O

Chittagong

Gold Member
Sure it's true. Reirom said Kasavin confirmed it to him. I'm waiting still for Spong to confirm, and then I'm setting the money aside.

AniHawk

cybamerc said:
What's strange about $349?

I don't know... it seems like if it was going to be truly expensive, they'd just make it $400. In the minds of a lot of people, I'm sure $300 is a limit.

Top Bottom