• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP a GO!?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
TheGreatDave said:
Because it looks cramped and awkward. I wouldn't mind if it didn't look horrible to use.
hmm... maybe. I'll reserve judgment until I actually get my hands on one (which, now that I think about it, might never happen).

AniHawk

Mr.Green said:
This looks extremely uncomfortable to play. Just look at his thumb. That looks painful.

I don't see how it's too radically different from the layout of the dual shock series.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Milhouse31 said:
....or it's ugly
I see you fall under the "certainly not everyone by any stretch of the imagination" category. It was good of you to let everyone know that, now no one will think otherwise.

Wollan

Spiegel said:
You people are crazy, the analog placement is much better than the old one.

More info:

-16 Gig memory, Memory slot for more memory.

-Released Fall 2009.

-No official price yet.

-PSP Go will not replace the PSP 3000. They will both be sold.

Nice. This plus my 8GB memory stick, I guess around ~23GB for me (due to slight redundancy).

Also yes, you can have your thumb outstretched now.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I'm waiting for some hands-on impressions before I pass judgment. If this is real it doesn't look that slick, but then it could be manipulation to lower our expectations, who knows? I think I've heard of Sony doing that before.

If this is indeed it then I'll wait until people have tried it. There's usually a lot of difference between pictures of a device and the real thing.

Yes Boss!

Maybe Sony got wise and will finally do away with the analog stick for upcoming titles with the nub there just for legacy PSP titles.

Somnid

We've come full circle. Recessed buttons, rounded edges reminds me of:
e3-2004-the-nintendo-ds-revealed-200405110429536.jpg

Azrael

Downloading the June issue now. What a fuck-up :lol

I'll probably buy it if it has full PSN integration and a touch screen. If it's just a PSP without UMD, forget about it. The design doesn't look too hot in those pictures, but maybe in high resolution it will look better.

Well, whatever, it was the worst kept secret ever. Still, of all the ways to screw up - an early download of Qore?! :lol

Also, there's LBP on the screen. Guess we'll get to see this at E3.

And I'll be honest. I was hoping for something a little more slick, a little less 80s Walkman.

Cartman86

Banned
Still wish they had gone with touch screen or dual analog. Even if it's basically a PSP2 and doesn't take into account the previous version. Taking out UMD makes it basically PSP2 anyways.

But hey E3 is coming. Sony could show some awesome games that make me not even care if it has a touch screen or not. Hopefully they do.

Azelover said:
I'm waiting for some hands-on impressions before I pass judgment. If this is real it doesn't look that slick, but then it could be manipulation to lower our expectations, who knows? I think I've heard of Sony doing that before.

I think I remember people coming up with that idea when five hundred and ninty nine US dollars hit.

Eteric Rice

Gaogaogao said:
I dont need the controls to be any closer together, thanks. will wait for psp2.

This is one of the issues I have with it. Also, the way the outside is shaped with the curve. It looks "to" curved. Looks uncomfortable.

OokieSpookie said:
I can not believe all of the people saying this looks bad yet gush over the DS which looks like a block.
Gods bless the interweb...

Are you talking about the original DS? Because yeah, it looked like shit. The lite and i look much better, though.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
In fact, looking at that picture, guys thumb seems bent when using the D-Pad, so it may be then that analog will be more comfortable to use than Dpad on this - as your thumb will be naturally positioned right over it...

Somnid said:
We've come full circle. Recessed buttons, rounded edges reminds me of
Seriously? Of all the sliding cellphones, that is what it reminds you of? :lol

iammeiam

If they're planning to keep the 3000 in production, this Go thing had better come in between $100 and $120. Even if it ultimately winds up being a huge improvement, those shots make it look like the PSP's cheap hick cousin, and it really doesn't do anything to address any of the issues with the original design.

Is it still believed to be UMD-free?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Cartman86 said:
Still wish they had gone with touch screen or dual analog. Even if it's basically a PSP2 and doesn't take into account the previous version. Taking out UMD makes it basically PSP2 anyways.

But hey E3 is coming. Sony could show some awesome games that make me not even care if it has a touch screen or not. Hopefully they do.

There is no touchscreen or dual analog... time to stop wishing for one.

AppleBlade

If that's HDMI I am friggin stoked! My HDTV has an HDMI connection on the side. Easy access to playing my PSP games on the big screen!!! Yea-ahh!

OokieSpookie said:
I can not believe all of the people saying this looks bad yet gush over the DS which looks like a block.
Gods bless the interweb...

Ummmmm
Maybe is it because the psp 1000/2000/3000 look slick and sexy like Hell?
I own 1 ds and 1 dslite and a psp and i think

Dslite>psp>ds>pspgo in looks

Gaogaogao

MrVargas said:
If that's HDMI I am friggin stoked! My HDTV has an HDMI connection on the side. Easy access to playing my PSP games on the big screen!!! Yea-ahh!
probably uses the same component out as slims. all you need for sd, really.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Lord Error said:
In fact, looking at that picture, guys thumb seems bent when using the D-Pad, so it may be then that analog will be more comfortable to use than Dpad on this - as your thumb will be naturally positioned right over it...

Someone else pointed that out, and I think you are on point with this thinking. It may actually be more comfortable than the current PSP and using the DPad...

don't tell everyone else on GAF though, they already know how awful the analog placement is

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
at least we can all agree that it looks infinitely better than the balls ugly device I have sitting under my desk here called the PSP2000. Right, guys?

...right?

Top Bottom