• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP a GO!?

Epcott

Raist said:
Is... is that an HDMI out?

I'm not so sure. It looks too thin to be HDMI out (it's thinner than the headphone jack), but it could be:

A) Maybe Sony made an HDMI outlet and connector that's small enough to accompany the size of the handheld.

B) New slot for the Memory Stick

C) New slot for this new memory alternative that's been rumored to take the place of current Memory Sticks... which is not likely since that would make them incompatible with PS3's, which only take usb, MagicGate, SD, and CF (what the hell is that CF slot??)

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I'm sorry but that looks awful, just awful, how on earth did they come up with such a hideous unattractive design, I can't help feeling that we were spoiled by many of the faked concept designs tbh.

Wollan

Nintendo%20DSi.jpg

psp1.jpg
psp3.jpg

PSP3000.jpg

Looks nifty.

Animal

Banned
UntoldDreams said:
Guys I believe the purpose of this design is not to increase your gaming ergonomic enjoyment.

This PSP GO (Note the GO part of name) is more focused on portability than gaming.
I think the actual PSP is supposed to be the big daddy gaming device for Sony.

PSP GO is probably for more casual gameplay, music, and movies.

I would call that very poor judgement on Sony's behalf.

AniHawk

UntoldDreams said:
Guys I believe the purpose of this design is not to increase your gaming ergonomic enjoyment.

This PSP GO (Note the GO part of name) is more focused on portability than gaming.

Probably for more casual gameplay, music, and movies.

Actually, if what I'm hearing has been correct, I think the Go might replace older models. I think Sony's kinda done with UMDs.

McHuj

uh oh.

i hope it's got some boosted specs and a lower price because that thing looks very ugly. i was really excited for a umd-less version, but now i'm not sure. A non-slider umd-less version would have been slicker looking, imo.

i hope this is fake.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
UntoldDreams said:

THIRD PILLAR! THIRD PILLAR!

Spiegel

Epiphyte said:
Aesthetically I've got no beef, but my thumb is cramping just looking at that nub placement

Really, how can people say this?
Do you have a psp? Because it looks like people here have not touched one.

The nub is MUCH more better placed than in older models.

Is the console ugly? Yes, I give you that.

I have a thing about small compact power machines, I love my touch because of how mega thin it is (thinner then iphone) yet it's quite a beast with some of it's games.

I still don't own a psp but I like what I see in the OP.

gofreak said:
Dripping bucket, more like bottom torn out of the bucket, amirite?

This is a PSP. They're not going to fuck over existing owners on controls. It's not like the controls can be sold seperately for cheap to let everyone upgrade (ala Dualshock), they're an integrated part of the product.

because no UMD doesn't fuck over existing owners? This may not have been a brand new hardware, but with the new name and DD only route, they could have easily added a 2nd analog and differentiated, much like Nintendo is going to have exclusive DSi games that take advantage of that systems features while still creating software for the other billion regular DS owners.

Niks

Man that looks terrible.
Disappoint total.
:/

And yes, someone, somewhere right now is getting fired!!
:lol

Eteric Rice

UntoldDreams said:

If that's the case, I wish they had at least found a way to put the screen "inside" of the machine or something, that way I wouldn't have to worry about scratching my screen up.

Thats one thing I love about the DS, really.

ymmv

Banned
Hmm ... I'm looking at the PSP gallery section in the leaked Qore episode .. Very high def shots of the new PSP Go. I see a bluetooth logo on the right side of the new PSP. That must be new too??

Azrael

sun-drop said:
how do you even buy the 12mth qore package ..it's not showing any more...

They either haven't decided if they're going to do a second year, or what kind of pricing plans they're going to offer. Sony sent out a survey not too long ago to Qore subscribers asking if they would be interested in renewing their subscriptions and had a couple of different pricing options for renewal.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
RevenantKioku said:
Just trying to help you see how silly you are. You're welcome.
You're a moron. The value in games has already surpassed the price I paid for the subscription. There's literally nothing stupid about it. (Had I subscribed later, I probably wouldn't be able to say that).

ANYWAYS...someone post the contents!

cjelly said:
Looks horrendous, and having controls right at the bottom of the device means this would be horrid to use for more than 5 minutes.
ever used the DS? lots of games have the main gameplay screen at the top

itsgreen

I think Sony is making people buy PSP3000's.

And they use this ugly ass thing to scare people into buying them. 'This will replace old former models', and everybody even contemplating a PSP buy, will buy it now so they can avoid this design.

ymmv

Banned
I don't get the hate. The new design looks pretty good IMO. Since the controls can be slid out of view, it has a very clean look. Great if you just want to use it as a media player.

Top Bottom