• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP a GO!?

Yes Boss!

Niks said:
Seriously what a fuckup on PSN side of things.

The PSN monkey cant get a break...people complain its always late... and when it decides for once to be early... he fucks it up!!!!

:lol :lol :lol

Are you that naive to think that this was uploaded accidentally.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm reminded of a little song.

Go on now go,
walk out the door
just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore.

Fuck that is ugly. I hope this is fake.

EDIT: Just read the full thread. FUCK, it's real. :(
alterno69 said:
orjjts.jpg

:lol

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
uhhh they playing GT on it.
but they don't show it actually

Coming this Fall.
The PSPGo not GT

Azrael

gofreak said:
No not really. Since UMD-PSP owning people can still buy and play no-UMD release games. They won't miss out on anything, unless you can't connect to the net.

Qore download - 85%. Don't shut me down now!!

They could just require all retail games make traditional controls an option and have a category of cheap touch-screen only games on the PSN store that's only accessible from a PSP Go.

Sony has a 4+ year head start, and I'm starting to think MS will have a portable gaming system like the rumored xyz with full XBL integration and touch screen before Sony gets its act together. With the Zune HD coming this year I give it one year before MS has a dedicated gaming portable.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
iammeiam said:
If it were to come in at, say, $100, I could see it doing reasonably well as a cheap portable alternative--undercutting the DS would be a huge step in Sony's favor--but much higher and the appeal is lost.
I would think it would be that cheap...but it has 16gb onboard and bluetooth. So I can't see it being cheaper.

Having two models like this is just stupid.

BeeDog

So for gamers with UMD collections, what happens with the games you already own? Are you shit out of luck, or are you allowed to re-download them in some form or what?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
-viper- said:
QUESTION:

what's better, PSP 2000 or PSP 3000? I want to get the old PSP now instead of this POS.
PSP3000 is superior hardware, but I don't think you can use custom firmware on it (if that is of interest to you). The 3000 has a MUCH better screen than the 2000, which makes a tremendous difference.

Ramenman

Adam Prime said:
:lol

Sony: "NEW PSP WILL HAVE A SLIDING SCREEN!"
Everyone: "Yaaah hooray, yahoo!"
Sony: "THE BUTTONS WILL BE PLACED AT THE BOTTOM VERY CLOSE TO ONE ANOTHER!"
Everyone "...."
Sony : RIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACEEEEEERRRRR !
Everyone : "............................"

:D

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
E3 Conference Starts:

Kaz: Well I hope you guys enjoyed that leaked Qore episode...because it wasn't real at all! Here is the REAL PSP GO! MUHAHAHAH!

BeeDog said:
So for gamers with UMD collections, what happens with the games you already own? Are you shit out of luck, or are you allowed to re-download them in some form or what?

9.99 convince fee to transfer a game from the external umd drive to the sd card.

Oh well PSP fence-sitters! You have your answer. Pending the price announcement and thus drop of the current model, you either want the sleek sexy PSP og (i'm coining this) available in multiple colours or this new PSP go (away).

I now no longer have any intentions of upgrading at all. Very happy with my ceramic white PSP 1000 :D

Edit: New MGS PSP? Fuck yeah!

gantz85

Banned
UntoldDreams said:
My biggest gripe would be using this to replace an iPod / walkman type of deal.
The software for the music player in the PSP is primitive to say the least.

It makes perfect sense as a portable movie device which can download movies on the go and stream stuff from a PS3. Even the Skype functionality would be nifty.

The fact that you can play some PSP games on a (horribly small) gaming setup is a good bonus.
They absolutely positively MUST improve the software for easier music playing.

They should go to the walkman division and have them write the music player software.

It's media capabilities will probably be driven by its touch-screen interface though, so fingers crossed we see a new interface for playing media.

Kyoufu

chubigans said:
E3 Conference Starts:

Kaz: Well I hope you guys enjoyed that leaked Qore episode...because it wasn't real at all! Here is the REAL PSP GO! MUHAHAHAH!

Sometimes I wish the world was this awesome, you know?

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I'm actually angry that Sony have fucked this up, theres no way on this Gods earth that thing can become successful, Apple must be laughing there ass off right now chinking champaign glasses together.

And the nub placement, wtf were they thinking !, I genuinely wanted this to be a great product but this is just a joke.

Overreaction, maybe.

ymmv

Banned
Some new information?

3.8" screen
43% lighter than previous version
16 Gig memory
Bluetooth support
No UMD
Downloads games and movies

NEW METAL GEAR SOLID FOR PSP!!

Narag

Vyse The Legend said:
It looks a lot better in motion.

Also, the best news from the hands-on: New Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops coming.

Great news!
I guess that's half the puzzle in the Kojima thread.

Ryu

16GB of flash memory on board and sold alongside the regular PSP? I'm betting this will be 199 and come with a game/movie already installed.

Top Bottom