• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP a GO!?

Squeak

TheGreatDave said:
Because it looks cramped and awkward. I wouldn't mind if it didn't look horrible to use.
How would they have made it any less cramped to use, when it's a slide design?
There is only so much you can do with a slide design of that size.

Boss Man

Hmm, I like it a lot. If I used my PSP for movies I'd definitely buy it. Not sure if I want to get into this whole revision game though.

Mr.Green said:
This looks extremely uncomfortable to play. Just look at his thumb. That looks painful.

AniHawk said:
I don't see how it's too radically different from the layout of the dual shock series.

These two statements are not contradictory. The analog needs to be on the left side. And there needs to be a second one if the PSP is going to be taken seriously as a 3D machine on the same level as the PS2 or Wii.

It's a shame, I was a really hoping the new PSP would finally be the handheld that made me jump into portable gaming. I'll have to wait and see if the features and new lineup outweigh the gross ergonomic flaws.

Eteric Rice

Rez said:
at least we can all agree that it looks infinitely better than the balls ugly device I have sitting under my desk here called the PSP2000. Right, guys?

...right?

PSP looks ten times better than this thing.

Goldrusher

While it looks legit, it looks very uncomfortable.

Hold your current PSP and your thumbs are basically parallel with the rest of your hand.
Using a Dual Shock, they're not more than 45 degrees in an angle.

This new "PSP go" seems to force your thumbs almost to 90 degrees.

I could be wrong, but it certainly doesn't look comfortable.

Animal

Banned
Rez said:
at least we can all agree that it looks infinitely better than the balls ugly device I have sitting under my desk here called the PSP2000. Right, guys?

...right?

With the current shots out, I would have to say no. But once I get a better idea of what it is, i might change that judgement.

Its not looking likely though.

LCfiner

so how long does it take to download an episode of Qore?

It's damn near lunch time over here and I need to know if I should feast on some crow. :lol

Somnid

Lord Error said:
Seriously? Of all the sliding cellphones, that is what it reminds you of? :lol

It looks like a prototype DS had sex with a PSP. But I was mostly pointing out the change in stylistic progression in which hard edges are now in style but this is going the reverse direction.

Squeak said:
How would they have made it any less cramped to use, when it's a slide design?
There is only so much you can do with a slide design of that size.

I'd rather it be wider, like the regular PSP. I guess if they want a smaller form that's all they could do, but it really just doesn't look nice to use to me. But it is just a JPG, I can't judge totally.

I do know it looks ugly though.

That isfreaking hideous! I was going to trade in my 2000 but I'm really doubting now.

This does not look like a Sony design. Especially after the Aino.

Gross and chunky as hell.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
35%...cmoncmoncmon...

And they said subscribing to Qore wouldn't pay off. What are they to say now? Muhahahah!

LCfiner

chubigans said:
35%...cmoncmoncmon...

And they said subscribing to Qore wouldn't pay off. What are they to say now? Muhahahah!

I'm just waiting for you guys to download it and tell the rest of us

<_<

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
OokieSpookie said:
I can not believe all of the people saying this looks bad yet gush over the DS which looks like a block.
Gods bless the interweb...
Well, you're delusional.

LCfiner said:
so how long does it take to download an episode of Qore?

It's damn near lunch time over here and I need to know if I should feast on some crow. :lol

It's 1.3 gigs, so it takes time. I've got 13 minutes left on my download.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
chubigans said:
35%...cmoncmoncmon...

*sits back and waits for others to do the hard work, and then summarise it all in a neat little list of bullet points in a GAF post*

;)

KZObsessed

I actually like the Mylo design of it. Just not sure about the analog placement, but having looked at it a bit more, maybe some of you are right and it'll be more comfortable...

Thumb outstretched... I'll have to try it myself of course.

sun-drop

it's showing up on the psn store as avail for 'exsiting subscribers'

so if i sign up for a years subscription ...it might not still be avail to me?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm more curious as to what else is on that episode.

Seriously, what were they thinking uploading this so soon?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
chubigans said:
35%...cmoncmoncmon...

You get to see stuff about products before I do? Yay? What are you getting besides paying for seeing PR?

Raist

Banned
$h@d0w said:
Hope not, we need him to leak the Slim PS3.

It's already been more or less leaked. Like TRICO.

It's like they're grtting rid of everything beofre E3. wtf are they doing.

Ramenman

It's... eh, I don't know. Doesn't look as slick as the first PSP. It's weird.

It reminds me, the day before the Nintendo Conference that had them reveal the DS for the first time, USAToday leaked a picture of the console, and everyone was like "wahaha no way this fake is so ugly I mean who would believe it's true".

And then Reggie got it out of his pocket the day after, and it looked exactly that way.

Oh fuck :O

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
RevenantKioku said:
You get to see stuff about shitty products before I do? Yay? What are you getting besides paying for seeing PR?
I got High Velocity Bowling, Syphon Filter, Calling All Cars, and a ton of themes for free too. I'm pretty sure there was a fourth game but I can't remember it right now. Oh, and early demos.

So I'd say it was a good investment. You're just jealous. Nayh!

AniHawk said:
That was the point. This isn't the PSP2. It's a small step forward. Like the DSi. Sorta.

This isn't fake. :)
mmm... DSi has twice the CPU power and four times the memory as the DS plus cameras, an sd card slot and a built in browser. The DSi is basically the DS2 but they aren't going to expose the capabilities of it until the DSi starts to saturate the market. Sony had a great chance to do the same thing.

RevenantKioku

chubigans said:
I got High Velocity Bowling, Syphon Filter, Calling All Cars, and a ton of themes for free too. I'm pretty sure there was a fourth game but I can't remember it right now. Oh, and early demos.

So I'd say it was a good investment. You're just jealous. Nayh!
OH GOLLY GEE!

gantz85 said:
Veronica Belmont
So now people are paying to see average looking women? Hoo boy.

Guys I believe the purpose of this design is not to increase your gaming ergonomic enjoyment.

This PSP GO (Note the GO part of name) is more focused on portability than gaming.
I think the actual PSP is supposed to be the big daddy gaming device for Sony.

PSP GO is probably for more casual gameplay, music, and movies.

Top Bottom