• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Custom Firmware Thread

The popsloader plugins are in my PSP, and yet don't show up in the recovery menu. What am I doing wrong here? Is it not compatible with 4.01M33 yet?

edit: figured out the source of the problem. Both popsloader and cwcheat come with a file named 'pops.txt'. Looks like that is necessary for either plugin to be turned on. Is it really not possible for me to use both? How can I fix this?

Ryu

eznark said:
ooookay, well, now when I connect the PSP to my computer all I get is a folder with a single ISO in it.

What the heck did this update do??

EDIT: I'm dumb, didn't realize I had to reenable everything, USB connection still isn't showing the memory card files though.

Take the UMD out of the psp. AFAIK, having the game in the bay and then enabling the USB connection pops open a window with the game's ISO on it for ripping. Disable the USB connection, remove the game, and reconnect the USB. Should work after that.

Schrade

Pimpwerx said:
The .prx my gf had for custom themes doesn't work on 4.01. She has my old PSPhat. I haven't bothered trying it on my slim since I don't care for the custom themes. PEACE.
There's a 4.01 version of CXMB (that's probably what she's using) but there isn't a decrypter yet for 4.01 so you can't get the decrypted .prx files that cxmb needs. You might be able to just use the decrypted 4.00 ones, but I haven't tried it yet.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
badcrumble said:
The popsloader plugins are in my PSP, and yet don't show up in the recovery menu. What am I doing wrong here? Is it not compatible with 4.01M33 yet?

edit: figured out the source of the problem. Both popsloader and cwcheat come with a file named 'pops.txt'. Looks like that is necessary for either plugin to be turned on. Is it really not possible for me to use both? How can I fix this?

Open both text files, copy all the lines and paste them into the one thats on your PSP.

M3wThr33

Banned
1.50 loader is out. You know where to get it.
Just a reminder, since the readme left it out, don't forget to throw the 150.PBP in your ROOT directory and NOT GAME4XX.

Erebus

Is it worth updating to CFW4.01 M33-2? I heard that they didn't fix the fatmsmod driver yet. :(

Also, where is the save anywhere feature you guys were talking about?

Rayme

Tried to create a Pandora setup, and... I've failed.

Launch PSP, was on the latest (as of tonight) M33 firmware.

Tried running UPMS4...
At the step where I have to hit square to install fatms371.prx, I do so. It seems to go alright. Then (iirc), it say I need to reboot into the XMB, and start over. Okay, sounds great.

Except... the poor thing won't boot into XMB anymore. Or, afaik, anything. But I CAN get to the M33 Recovery Menu. But that's it. If I don't boot into recovery, I just boot to a black screen, the green light stays on for ~10 seconds, and then the PSP shuts down. =\

I've tried the option to "format flash1 and reset settings". No change. I also downloaded a 352 m33 recovery eboot, but I get the same "black screen and a green light" symptoms when I try and run that.

Any bright ideas? I fly out in 3 days, I was hoping to play! =)

Pimpwerx

Remote play behavior seems to have changed. There's no seperate option to turn off the PS3. It's now under the "Quit Remote Play" option. First time I used it, it crashed my PSP to a blue screen which reset all my settings. I was a bit annoyed, but it only did it once. My gf's Phat didn't have any such problems. PEACE.

Numbers

Rayme said:

Tried running UPMS4...
At the step where I have to hit square to install fatms371.prx, I do so. It seems to go alright. Then (iirc), it say I need to reboot into the XMB, and start over. Okay, sounds great.

Except... the poor thing won't boot into XMB anymore. Or, afaik, anything. But I CAN get to the M33 Recovery Menu. But that's it. If I don't boot into recovery, I just boot to a black screen, the green light stays on for ~10 seconds, and then the PSP shuts down. =\

I've tried the option to "format flash1 and reset settings". No change. I also downloaded a 352 m33 recovery eboot, but I get the same "black screen and a green light" symptoms when I try and run that.

Turn your PSP on without the battery in (plug the charger in) and once it's running put the battery in. Either keep working on trying to get the pandora, or restore your battery to a normal one.
(At least, this is what I did. I have a slim though.)

Rayme

numbers said:
Turn your PSP on without the battery in (plug the charger in) and once it's running put the battery in. Either keep working on trying to get the pandora, or restore your battery to a normal one.
(At least, this is what I did. I have a slim though.)
Tried it just now, but no dice, same behavior; sitting on black screen w/ green light, then the green light eventually dies out.

Oh, cruel world. =)

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Rayme said:
Tried it just now, but no dice, same behavior; sitting on black screen w/ green light, then the green light eventually dies out.

Oh, cruel world. =)

Thats a bummer man, but we should be able to get it fixed seeing as you have a Pandora battery already.
Please use this guide here.
It will enable you to flash your PSP with 3.71 M33-2.
Note: if you have Slim PSP, display won't work so just press "X" anyway and let it install the power off your PSP.

I have a new guide written based on catb50 installer but its on my work laptop.

Anony

Rayme said:

Tried running UPMS4...

sounds like you fucked up with one of the flashXs, most likely due the the fatms371.prx
my understanding with that prx is that if you mess up with it, you psp can go in the garbage, but this was a while back, maybe they have a fix for it

clav

Sweet! First time using auto-update through the PSP interface. (Make sure you have it enabled in Recovery mode.)

Wow. This is so easy to update to the latest firmware. :lol :lol :lol

Rayme

navanman said:
Thats a bummer man, but we should be able to get it fixed seeing as you have a Pandora battery already.
Please use this guide here.
It will enable you to flash your PSP with 3.71 M33-2.
Note: if you have Slim PSP, display won't work so just press "X" anyway and let it install the power off your PSP.

I have a new guide written based on catb50 installer but its on my work laptop.
Unfortunately, I don't think the battery got created. I had just finished this step when the process was aborted (and I'm very willing to accept that this was user error!). This is in a document titled "How_To_UPMS.pdf", that came with the UPMS package, iirc:

=======================
If running 3.80M33+ the software will detect this and a different screen will
appear (this will enable you to run the IPL) it will flash a file to Flash1.
Press [] (square button) and the installer will backup some files to Flash1 and then
flash some fines to your memory stick, if not done you will not be able to write the
IPL.
=======================

So, I dunno. Looks like I'm going to need a Pandora battery either way. To fix this or unlock a new slim, hahah. There a shop to buy one form in Los Angeles on a Sunday? ;)

Anony said:
sounds like you fucked up with one of the flashXs, most likely due the the fatms371.prx
my understanding with that prx is that if you mess up with it, you psp can go in the garbage, but this was a while back, maybe they have a fix for it
Damn. -_-

Rayme

...I _am_ able to get to the flash drives over usb, however. Hope?

flash0: Full of stuff, looks like the usual suspsects. Under the "kd" folder, I see many .prx, including "fatms371.prx", "fatms371_friend.prx", and "fatmsmod.prx".
flash1: Empty directories and a single "config.se" file: 72-bytes long, first four bytes are "SECG". Blank folders are: dlc, gps, net/http, registry, and vsh/theme
flash2: blank
flash3: blank

Bright ideas? Or stfu, I've overstayed my welcome in this thread? =)

linkboy

Ryu said:
Take the UMD out of the psp. AFAIK, having the game in the bay and then enabling the USB connection pops open a window with the game's ISO on it for ripping. Disable the USB connection, remove the game, and reconnect the USB. Should work after that.

You almost got it right.

Hit select on the main menu and change the USB device to Memory Stick and that will fix the problem.

He has his USB device set to UMD, so its reading the UMD disc.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Mejilan said:
-_-

I haven't tested FFIV (lol), but Chrono Trigger works just fine on my PSP.
Heh, sorry, that was just the thing I remember from your account, I was too lazy to go back and check your name. :p Forgive my rudeness.

Numbers

I just updated to 4.01.. I had a custom theme before, did the updater overwrite it? I don't care that I just lost the theme, but I don't want extra bits floating around somewhere :p

navanman

Rayme said:
...I _am_ able to get to the flash drives over usb, however. Hope?

flash0: Full of stuff, looks like the usual suspsects. Under the "kd" folder, I see many .prx, including "fatms371.prx", "fatms371_friend.prx", and "fatmsmod.prx".
flash1: Empty directories and a single "config.se" file: 72-bytes long, first four bytes are "SECG". Blank folders are: dlc, gps, net/http, registry, and vsh/theme
flash2: blank
flash3: blank

Bright ideas? Or stfu, I've overstayed my welcome in this thread? =)

You can get to the M33 Recovery Menu? What CFW were you on as you may be able to fix it.

Schrade

numbers said:
I just updated to 4.01.. I had a custom theme before, did the updater overwrite it? I don't care that I just lost the theme, but I don't want extra bits floating around somewhere :p
Yes, when installing a new firmware it nukes whatever you had previously (other than your settings).

This is because quite often Sony adds more icons and obscures their file formats subtly.

navanman

Dragona Akehi said:
I love the Network Updater. I'm such a lazy ass these days, I'll wait until the servers aren't clogged!

4.01 M33-2 is out for Network Update.

- Nids resolver: Fixed scePowerGetCpuClockFrequency issue. This is the same bug that happened in 3.80 M33-1, it won't happen again

- Fixes recovery problems that have appeared in prior version (incorrect position of back string in language others than english, enable, and disabled strings not translated in plugins, hide pic0+pic1 couldn't be changed, language file in flash1 wasn't working..

- Spanish recovery translation typos fixed.

Haha wow, I just won the "dumbest fucking idiot of the day" award.

Went to China on vacation and bought a PSP from a vendor. He was kind enough to give me one with 3.71 M33 on it.

While I was trying to get 4.01 M33 today, it wasn't fully working. And apparently since I needed the official firmware as well, I thought I should just download and install the official one first. So I did.

... wow, I shouldn't own one of these things when I make dumbass moves like that. Guess I'll be out of the CFW scene for some time?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'll wait for a 4.01 M33 version of POPSLoader and the fatmsmod patch. Good luck, folks!

Edit - Yeah, that was a pretty stupid move. You'll need a Pandora battery to reverse the damage.

Rayme

navanman said:
You can get to the M33 Recovery Menu? What CFW were you on as you may be able to fix it.
Sunday wound up being a full day: after getting the system even further along the Way of the Brick, I found a guy in LA selling Pandora batteries (I fly out Wednesday, so I was hoping to get this sorted out asap). I used that post you linked to, made the Pandora setup, and even bought a new PSP Slim.

Everything is all set, now. So we'll be flying across the country this week, and leaving the UMDs at home. Thanks so much for the patience and advice. =)

Grimm Fandango said:
Haha wow, I just won the "dumbest fucking idiot of the day" award.

Went to China on vacation and bought a PSP from a vendor. He was kind enough to give me one with 3.71 M33 on it.

While I was trying to get 4.01 M33 today, it wasn't fully working. And apparently since I needed the official firmware as well, I thought I should just download and install the official one first. So I did.

... wow, I shouldn't own one of these things when I make dumbass moves like that. Guess I'll be out of the CFW scene for some time?
:lol

I actually had to return mine to official firmware since it needs to be shipped to Sony for repairs. Scared me while installing :(

navanman

How to downgrade, install CFW on ANY PSP using TOOL (Pandora) Battery and Catb50 Installer:

Intro:
This tutorial will show you how to flash your PSP with CFW using a TOOL battery and Catb50 Team's Magic Memory Stick Creator application.
A TOOL battery can be purchased from Codejunkies or DealExtreme.

What you'll need:
- A TOOL PSP battery or hard-modded PSP battery.
- Your PSP, either original or Slim PSP.
- Memory Stick Pro Duo ranging in size from 128MB (minimum) to 4GB (maximum).

What to do:
1. Download the catb50 Team's Magic Memory Stick Creator here.
2. Go to "Settings"/ "System Settings" on your PSP and run "Format Memory Stick".
3. Extract the contents of the Catb50 zip file to a folder and run "BEGIN.bat".
4. Connect PSP to your PC using USB cable and make note of what drive letter is assigned to the Memory Stick (MS).
5. Enter the drive letter in the DOS box and press ENTER and then ENTER again to start formatting the MS.
6. Press ENTER to set label on the formatted MS.
7. Type "Y" to MSPFORMAT your Memory Stick, when finshed press any key to continue.
8. Remove your Memory Stick, then stop the USB connection by pressing "O" on PSP
9. Insert your Memory Stick, wait till orange access LED stops flashing, then start the USB connection by pressing "X" on PSP.
10. Press any key in catb50 DOSBOX and it will start installing the files to your Memory Stick.
11. Press any key when copy operation has been completed to begin IPL installation and type "Y" to continue.
12. Press any key to finish the installation of Catb50 installer and press "O" to disconnect USB.

How to use:
1. Turn off PSP and remove AC power supply.
2. Insert the TOOL battery.
3. DC V4 should load up giving option to flash to 3.80 M33-5, flash Sony 3.80FW or backup NAND.
4. Backup NAND with square "[]" and it will write NAND to your MS, you will need 32MB (original PSP) or 64MB (Slim PSP) of free space for this. Your PSP will power off after this.
5. Remove and insert the TOOL battery again and this time choose "X" to install 3.80 M33-5 CFW.

Save nanddump.bin in root of MS to your PC when you are finished for safe keeping, incase you brick your PSP one day.

How to upgrade CFW:
With this version of M33 CFW and above, Dark_Alex has included an auto-updating component which uses the built-in Sony Network Update.
- Press SELECT on your PSP and choose RESET DEVICE and hold down the R-Trigger.
- Your PSP will then reboot into the M33 RECOVERY MENU.
- Navigate to "CONFIGURATION" and ENABLE "Use M33 network update".
- Select BACK and then EXIT to reset PSP back to XMB.
- You can then update to the latest M33 CFW by using "Network Update" in "Settings".

GasMan

Just wondering have any of you guys created a Metal Gear Solid single eboot and was it successful when you got to the disc change area?

I've ripped my discs with no bother at all and have installed the RS-GUI PopStation MD programme Mejilan linked to in his excellent tutorial but I keep getting error after error while trying to convert. I think it's all linked to the cygwin1.dll file somehow. However I've not had any bother using PSX2PSP before and was going to try that programme instead but I'm not sure how it applies the multidisc part of the creation process. Anyone well versed in this fancy giving me a hand?

Going on holiday next week too and don't want to have to stop playing if the disc switch fails on me mid-holiday. :lol

GasMan said:
Just wondering have any of you guys created a Metal Gear Solid single eboot and was it successful when you got to the disc change area?

I've ripped my discs with no bother at all and have installed the RS-GUI PopStation MD programme Mejilan linked to in his excellent tutorial but I keep getting error after error while trying to convert. I think it's all linked to the cygwin1.dll file somehow. However I've not had any bother using PSX2PSP before and was going to try that programme instead but I'm not sure how it applies the multidisc part of the creation process. Anyone well versed in this fancy giving me a hand?

Going on holiday next week too and don't want to have to stop playing if the disc switch fails on me mid-holiday. :lol
You need to add cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll to the 'data' folder in RS-GUI PopStation MD. Once you add those two libraries the program will convert MGS into a single E.BOOT. Visit http://www.blastprocessing.net/?page_id=82 and scroll about half way down the page for the two libraries. I just had that same problem last night :D.

EGM92

Do any of you use CXMB? I've seen some people with it on their PSP and even some videos of it running and some of the themes were really nice.

If any of you do have it installed, what kind of experiences have you had with it? better than the standard XMB? Was it hard to install?

Classic_Gs said:
You need to add cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll to the 'data' folder in RS-GUI PopStation MD. Once you add those two libraries the program will convert MGS into a single E.BOOT. Visit http://www.blastprocessing.net/?page_id=82 and scroll about half way down the page for the two libraries. I just had that same problem last night :D.

Wow, what a coincidence. I was just trying to do this last night while following the tutorial and ran into the same problem. I thought this was the problem but had trouble trying to get it to work after adding the first library. I dropped it in the system32 folder though not the data folder. I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

So has anyone created a PSOne game that just wouldn't load? I'm going through all of the versions in the loader and each one of them hard crashes the system to off. I'm trying to get Space Battleship Yamato to run.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
EGM92 said:
Do any of you use CXMB? I've seen some people with it on their PSP and even some videos of it running and some of the themes were really nice.

If any of you do have it installed, what kind of experiences have you had with it? better than the standard XMB? Was it hard to install?

It's pretty, but it breaks often between CFW updates, some themes are dependent on CFW x.xx, and I've run into partial bricking when messing around with it too much (nothing major). It also might clash with any other plugins running at the XMB level like music.prx

Schrade

EGM92 said:

If any of you do have it installed, what kind of experiences have you had with it?
I use it and it works great. You really have to pay attention to what version of firmware the theme is you're trying to install is for. So always, always be sure to match the themes you try to apply to your version of firmware.

CTF themes are far better than the standard PTF themes because you can replace the boot animation, the waves, the game launch animation and do much, much more theme modding than normal.

I have yet to have an incompatibility with it and it is integrated into the XMB's theme selection section very well with preview, set and delete options.

better than the standard XMB?
This makes no sense. It's not an XMB replacement, it's just a theme selector/previewer.

Was it hard to install?
Pretty damn easy. The only "hard" part is decrypting the needed prxes from your firmware but those are sometimes passed around in "packs".

PSPStates Experiment released.

Readme:

PspStates Experiment for PSP SLIM
---------------------------------

Please read carefully this book... i mean this readme before proceeding to use this plugin.

Note: The author will not be responsable of any kind of damage to units or of data loss
(including game data loss) that this software may cause.
This is true for all my software as they are free, but in this case I would feel like I
would indicate it explicitily.
It is recommended that you backup the nand and important data of memory stick before using this plugin, in order to avoid posible loss of data.

This program was never intended to be part of M33 cfw, it always was planned to be released as
a plugin, just to clarify :)

This software is experimental work and it may behave incorrectly or not work in all cases.

Requisites:
-----------

- 4.01 M33, 1 or 2, doesn't matter.
- A good memory stick is recommended. Fake memory sticks are... fake... and shit, they could make
load and savestate too slow.

Instructions:
-------------

Copy seplugins folder content (IMPORTANT: including the empty folder SAVESTATE, as the plugin will not create it) in /seplugins and activate the plugin using the recovery.

This plugin at the moment will only work in game mode, don't bother to use it in pops or vsh.

VERY IMPORTANT: because of technical reasons, DO NOT USE this plugins with umd's inserted,
and do not use it of course with UMD's in normal mode, even isofs mode is not recommended.
Use only in march33 (recommended), np9660 or in homebrew.
You can have the plugin loaded in umd's, as soon as YOU DON'T USE IT.

SaveState procedure:
--------------------

- To save a state, press the home button in game, and once in the home button screen, press R
plus one of the followings buttons: up, down, right, left, square, triangle, cross, circle or start. Each of this button is considered a "slot", so you can have up to 9 states.
At the moment these state are global: this means they are for all games, not for a specific one.

- At that moment, the PSP will go to sleep mode and return automatically inmediately.

- After the quick sleep mode return, you will see a black screen for some seconds, don't worry it will end. The time can vary depending of games and cpu speed, at this state the program is copying ram from one place to another.

- When the screen is turned on again, you will see the memory stick led blinking for some time: this is the write of the file. If your memory stick is good, this step should be quick.

- The state is saved, it can be loaded during the game or in another game session. (if memory sitck is same or with similar content, you can load other game states withing a game).

The state is saved to one of the followings files:

ms0:/seplugins/SAVESTATE/globalstate_u.bin -> up button
ms0:/seplugins/SAVESTATE/globalstate_d.bin -> down button
ms0:/seplugins/SAVESTATE/globalstate_l.bin -> left button
ms0:/seplugins/SAVESTATE/globalstate_r.bin -> right button
ms0:/seplugins/SAVESTATE/globalstate_q.bin -> square button
ms0:/seplugins/SAVESTATE/globalstate_t.bin -> triangle button
ms0:/seplugins/SAVESTATE/globalstate_x.bin -> cross button
ms0:/seplugins/SAVESTATE/globalstate_c.bin -> circle button
ms0:/seplugins/SAVESTATE/globalstate_s.bin -> start button

The size of the file may vary depending of the game, as it is a 36 MB dump compressed.
Tests show that the most expected range is: 10-20 MB. The plugin will not check free space,
you are on your own on that.

LoadState procedure:
--------------------

- To load a state, press the home button in a game, and once in the home button scree, press L
plus one of the slot buttons mentioned in savestates.

- In that moment, the memory stick led will blink. This step should be fast on good memory sticks.
- After that, the psp will go to sleep mode and return automatically quickly.
- The screen will be black for some moment, this wait moment is much faster than the one for savestates.
- Once the screen is turned on, and if all went fine, your system will be now in the state in which you saved it.

Comments
--------

- The current release is a 4.01 M33 specific plugin. It won't work in a future firmware without an update, unless that firmware has highly similarities with 4.01.

- For faster operation, it is recomended that you set speed to 333 for game in vshmenu or recovery.

- You can load the state of any other iso or homebrew, as soon as they are really in the same memory stick. Do not change name or path of isos or homebrews after you have saved a state of that iso or homebrew, or the load state will not work properly (would probably work for some moment until game try to load data from ms). Anyways, in some cases, in prevision of hardware
related problems it is more recommended to load states only from the same game.

- A load state is a REAL LOAD STATE with all the consequences.
Lets say you are playing an iso game in march33 mode with the plugin X activated and plugin
Y desactivated.
Then, in another sesion you are playing that game (or another, as doesn't matter), in
np9660 mode with the plugin X desactivated and the plugin Y activated. When you load the state,
the game that was saved will still be in march33 mode with plugin X activated and Y plugin
desactivated.
Because the load state even restores the own pspstates plugin itself, this also causes the
"plugin self-downgrading" problem commented later.

- This plugin is not compatible with any homebrew or plugin using the memory extended size of the slim. It can be enabled while using them, but it SHOULD NOT BE USED.

Interoperability
----------------

- Interoperability between different sony version numbers: this won't be supported, technical reasons. If you were in let's say in a future 4.10 M33 and you want to load a state saved in 4.01 M33, even if the plugin is updated to work on 4.10 M33, it will probably crash loading that state.

- Interoperability between different M33 version numbers (4.01 M33, M33-2, M33-3...): there shouldn't be problem with this. After load state, the system would be temporally downgraded in ram, until you exit to vsh.

- Interoperability with future versions. Because this software is still experimental, future versions could change savestate data format. Even if it doesn't change, the "plugin self downgrading" problem still exists: you have saved a state in version 1, and then you load it
in version 2, the plugin in ram after the load state will be the version 1.

- Interoperability with other psp's. Probably not a good idea to share savestates between psp's... they could cause hardware incorrect answer or data loss. The only test done has been PSP1: TA-085, PSP2: TA-085 v2. The PSP1 saved the state.
The PSP2 loaded the state. The state load apparently worked, but the game, which was controlled
by analogic pad, wasn't answering properly to controls. Wether this was caused by different mother boards or other reasons it is unknown.
Anyways if you want to proceed to do more tests, do it on your own, but have in mind some things:

* Functional issues: the hardware should be the more similar possible. The isos or homebrews
should have same paths. Better not to have another plugin activated.

* Privacy issues: The savedata may contain in plain text or compressed, wep or wpa keys. Also,
if the XMB didn't clear properly the ram, there exist the possibility too of the savedata
containing filenames or even binary data of media that was played in the XMB, which can
be recovered using computer forensics.

FAQ
----

Q: Why only PSP SLIM?
A: In the current implementation, I'm using slim extra memory. The file writing is post-poned
while file read is done before the real load state. This is because we lack of a good memory
stick driver that could be used in situations where the kernel is off. The only memory stick
driver we have, which is the used in DC, is extremelly slow, it has no sense to use it here. Until memory stick dma code is reversed, it is impossible the implementation on psp phat.

Q: After doing a savestate, sound stopped working
A: try to load the state you just saved to see if this fixes. This may happen sometimes in
some games, it is not 100% sure, but the reason identified in tests seems to be: the write of the file. In the current implementation,the plugin performs the real savestate after returning from the induced sleep mode code, compressing it in from one ram to temporal one, then original sleep mode return code is executed,and when the system is stable, the file is written. It seems some games or some sony code may not like that such a big file is written, probably due to the time it may take.
If some day, the DMA memory stick driver is reversed, this problem should be gone too... hopefully :)

Third party licenses
--------------------

This program uses the FastLZ library, which is relased under MIT license. A copy
of the license can be found at fastlz_license directory.

- Please be sure to read the fastlz license!!

Hispano hablantes: Una traducción del readme será colgado más adelante.

02 Jul, 2008 | Alek

http://alek.dark-alex.org/index.php?itemid=162

very long readme.

GasMan

Classic_Gs - Cheers for the help, worked like a charm. Program running sweet as a nut now.

Question... Just made my single MGS eboot and the cinematics have a slight pause every couple of seconds. Not a major pause but a fraction of a second. Enought to notice it anyway. Is this the result of a bad rip or is it the version of pops I'm on?

Edit - Nevermind, working now. Had to make it one eboot for each disc though. Need to check up on the disc swap status of it on single eboots though.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'll update my tutorial to include mention of the missing .DLLs. I had forgotten about them, since I set the .DLLs up long ago.

As to DA's new save-state functionality, it looks like a really ugly work-in-progress hack right now, so I think I'll hold off until it's perfected.

Mejilan said:
I'll update my tutorial to include mention of the missing .DLLs. I had forgotten about them, since I set the .DLLs up long ago.

As to DA's new save-state functionality, it looks like a really ugly work-in-progress hack right now, so I think I'll hold off until it's perfected.

Any trouble shooting tips? I've got nothing coming up when I try to load my eboot. I've tried every version and they pretty much end up shutting off the system.

Marty Chinn said:
Any trouble shooting tips? I've got nothing coming up when I try to load my eboot. I've tried every version and they pretty much end up shutting off the system.
What version of CFW are you currently using?

Top Bottom