• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Custom Firmware Thread

M3wThr33

Banned
The IRC server has been updating with messages.

-Global- 3.80 M33 released in #loldongs !!!!!!!!!
-
-Global- actually its #rofldongs , my mistake :D
-
-Global- actually, its in 0 haha. try /join 0
-
-Global- type /join #daxcfw,0
-
-Global- THIS IS ZION!! AAAANNND WE ARE NOT AFRAAAAAAIIIIIIIIDDDDDDD!!!!!!

-Global- 3.80 HX released! Nobody gives a shit
-
-Global- B-B-B-BREAKING NEEEEEEEEEEWS
-
-Global- 3.80 M33 released @ www.----.com
-
-Global- No news on 3.80 M33, stop overloading dark-alex.org website :)
-
-Global- 3.80 M33 released at #380M33,0. type /join #380M33,0
-
-Global- 3.80M33 is NOT released. Stop asking. When its released, it will be announced properly

-Global- despite what pspgen announced before, we (the M33 team) gave no specific date regarding the 3.80M33 release so PLEASE be patient.

M3wThr33

Banned
sevenchaos said:
So whats so great about the 3.8 update?
Seems like it'll fix a few bugs.
You can use Network Update to get files without a PC.
Internet Radio.
New visualizer.
Brings CFW people up to the latest firmware to run the latest demos.

homez99

M3wThr33 said:
Shoutcast. You just go straight onto Shoutcast.

Do you think this will this be exclusive to Slim PSPs like how the official 3.80 update does it, or will they enable it for the fat ones?

M3wThr33

Banned
homez99 said:
Do you think this will this be exclusive to Slim PSPs like how the official 3.80 update does it, or will they enable it for the fat ones?
No. This works on everything. 3.80 has been out for a while. This is just the CFW release.

Also.
-Global- As the last global said, none of us (m33 team) did make an announce of the 3.80M33 release date. It works, but it still needs a last check at pops and probably some more stuff. So please, stop asking about release dates, and dont believe every website rumors... When its finished, it will be released and announced properly the same way as this global. (Alek)

homez99

M3wThr33 said:
No. This works on everything. 3.80 has been out for a while. This is just the CFW release.

Also.

Sorry, I meant the Shoutcast support, which is exclusive to the Slim PSPs, and I didn't know if the CFW would make it work on the Fat PSPs. It doesn't matter now that The Faceless Monster has introduced me to a great alternative, so thanks.

M3wThr33

Banned
homez99 said:
Sorry, I meant the Shoutcast support, which is exclusive to the Slim PSPs, and I didn't know if the CFW would make it work on the Fat PSPs. It doesn't matter now that The Faceless Monster has introduced me to a great alternative, so thanks.
I'm quite sure EVERYONE can use the radio. Skype will be the first slim-exclusive.

M3wThr33

Banned
Word of warning folks
-Global- Note: The site is back online, but there is NOTHING NEW on it, just a redesigned page to use less bandwidth. Stop reloading the page for no reason, and calm down.
-
-Global- I swear that I am gonna ban the ips of every lamers not stopping to refresh the page every minutes... (24hrs ban would be enough I think) and yeah I have access to the ip logs and fail2ban is a nice app to ban people, iptables may also be used

Calm down and avoid the site.

clav

Flek said:
hey guys do you think its possible to get skype for the fat psp in a future cf-update?
I wonder also for the GPS feature. MapThis is nice, but you need to make the maps, and that's a hassle. Still can't do one for California.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I think there's a homebrew Skype alternative in the works that'll work with both. Not sure.

Zoe

Damn, I need a bigger memory stick.

BocoDragon said:
With this program, it's as easy as running it on your PSP while connected to computer via USB, and then dragging it to your harddrive.

I tried this, but it wouldn't work :\

The USB device method is super easy though!

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
I think this has not been posted.
Bad news:

DA said:
¿Disponible hoy? ¿Ayer? ¿Y quien se supone que ha dicho esa tontería? Porque soy el ultimo en enterarme.

Joder, es que ultimamente lo flipo. Yo nunca he dicho que lo sacaría ni hoy ni esta semana, porque no me gusta dar fechas normalmente.

La historia es la siguiente:

- Z habla con M y le pregunta cuando saldrá el M33
- M le dice que no sabe, que puede que la semana que viene
- Z hace una noticia afirmando que estara esa semana que viene, que es esta como si fuera un hecho.

Y me jode, porque no me gustan las fechas. Ahora mismo al M33 le falta la implementación del pops, que ha cambiado, y la solución no es trivial. Esa es la unica verdad, todo lo que escucheis en otros sitios es puro cuento.

En fin, me alejare aun más de los administradores webs ansiosos de noticias.

Rough translation; 3.80 M33 has no ETA, never had it, people just made all this up. There's some non trivial problems with pops so release is still far away.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Soooo I have a 3.52 official fw fatty, just got a pandora's battery, does this new thing affect me at all before I try to put some custom fw on my fatty?

Mejilan

Yeah, I speak Spanish, and that's basically what he's saying.

Regarding a set release date, he claims to be the last to hear about it, that it certainly didn't come from him, that he normally doesn't like to provide dates.

He seems quite annoyed by it, actually. Seems something's changed pretty significantly with how POPS is implemented in 3.80, and he doesn't have it working at all yet in 3.80 M33. That's the only truth, and anything else reported by any other site is fiction.

Ultimately, he'll be distancing himself even further from the administrators of all of these websites that are overly anxious for news.

Mejilan

Edit - Then again, he could just be saying this to take the load off his website, which is getting pounded! :lol

Edit 2 - Woops. Didn't mean to double-post.

x3sphere

Mejilan said:
Yeah, I speak Spanish, and that's basically what he's saying.

Regarding a set release date, he claims to be the last to hear about it, that it certainly didn't come from him, that he normally doesn't like to provide dates.

He seems quite annoyed by it, actually. Seems something's changed pretty significantly with how POPS is implemented in 3.80, and he doesn't have it working at all yet in 3.80 M33. That's the only truth, and anything else reported by any other site is fiction.

Ultimately, he'll be distancing himself even further from the administrators of all of these websites that are overly anxious for news.

PSPGen started this mess about the release date. I was the first to post about the network update feature, then PSPGen did the same (they got the info from Mathieulh as well), but also added that the firmware would be out today, when Mathieulh told them nothing of the sort.

Obviously a bunch of other sites jumped on it and the whole thing got out of control. Bunch of people keep refreshing DA's site thinking the firmware will be there, so we had to add 3 mirrors now to lessen the load.

NekoFever

Mejilan said:
Then again, he could just be saying this to take the load off his website, which is getting pounded! :lol
That wouldn't be like him to go to elaborate lengths to throw the community off his back...or to throw a hissy fit...

It does seem odd that his deputy came out with a date and now he denies all knowledge, though.

Mejilan

Haha, too right.

x3sphere said:
PSPGen started this mess about the release date. I was the first to post about the network update feature, then PSPGen did the same (they got the info from Mathieulh as well), but also added that the firmware would be out today, when Mathieulh told them nothing of the sort.

Obviously a bunch of other sites jumped on it and the whole thing got out of control. Bunch of people keep refreshing DA's site thinking the firmware will be there, so we had to add 3 mirrors now to lessen the load.

And a new site design... ;p

Mejilan

Ah well, I'll be out of state this weekend. Brave GAF, you will have to trek on without me...

Mejilan

Just reread that, and it sounded arrogant and cocky (yes, both at once!)

I meant that in a "forge ahead into the great unknown without me questing by your side" kind of way, not "stab in the dark without me to guide you" kind of way.

M3wThr33

Banned
Mejilan said:
Just reread that, and it sounded arrogant and cocky (yes, both at once!)

I meant that in a "forge ahead into the great unknown without me questing by your side" kind of way, not "stab in the dark without me to guide you" kind of way.
Reread WHAT? My posts? I didn't mean to insult anyone.

"Reread WHAT? My posts? I didn't mean to insult anyone."

No, he reread his post before yours and he thought it came off arrogant in the sense we wouldn't be able to move on to the new firmware without him, which he didn't mean.

Gattsu25

Banned
Due to an unexpected series of events my CFW PSP no longer works

I let my brother use it for A DAY and, when I got it back, turning it on only gives me a black screen...to turn it off I have to pop out the battery

Now, I still have my Sony FW 3.80 PSP...but neither PSP has a pandora battery/memory stick...

So...this leaves me out of options, no? AFAIK, non-CFW 3.80 cannot be downgraded without Pandora...and I'll need a working CFW PSP in order to make a Pandora battery...

fuck

(this post was typed on a PS3 using a controller...took me FOREVER)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Reread WHAT? My posts? I didn't mean to insult anyone."

No, he reread his post before yours and he thought it came off arrogant in the sense we wouldn't be able to move on to the new firmware without him, which he didn't mean.
Even though it may be true for many here. :D

clav

Gattsu25 said:

I let my brother use it for A DAY and, when I got it back, turning it on only gives me a black screen...to turn it off I have to pop out the battery

Now, I still have my Sony FW 3.80 PSP...but neither PSP has a pandora battery/memory stick...

So...this leaves me out of options, no? AFAIK, non-CFW 3.80 cannot be downgraded without Pandora...and I'll need a working CFW PSP in order to make a Pandora battery...

fuck

Buy a Pandora battery from Ebay or get some friends.

Try recovery mode. Hold the L and R buttons then turn the PSP on (assuming you're starting from a cold boot. Popped battery out and then in.)

mauaus

Gattsu25 said:

fuck

Could it be that your brother tried to pandorize your battery?
Try turning it on without a battery and then popping the battery in and run the pandora battery creator to see if reverting it back to normal solves it...

Top Bottom