• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Go? 249.99!!!!

vazel

Banned
steadfast said:
Retail chains never get more than 1 or 2% ever on hardware - this is not Sony being nice to the stores, this is Sony being overly cocky... again.
Wasn't the price of the Wii raised because retail wanted more profit. Maybe the same happened here because this is a digital distribution device.

kodt

Banned
Has there been any word on how you will play older UMD games on the PSP Go? Will all or most be offered digitally?

and who the fuck uses psp for music, it sucks as a player. Love how there's no mention of any apps that could at least try and make it decent at something other than playing games and watching videos... The browser still sucks, greatest utility comes out of hacking it.. I mean what the hell, this was there chance to really liven up the brand, instead they brag about more "wish I was on a console" games coming to the psp... which really, hasn't that been the problem?

... my man.

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
Are they for real, so they shrink\re-package an already failing platform, raise the price by 50$ and think it's going to sell? Seriously someone needs to be sooo fired over there.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So is it true about no UMD transfer ability? What do we do with our older PSP games then if we upgrade? Particularly import titles.

33a41h4.jpg

yankee666

I would buy for that price if only has some touch screen, basicalkly for web browser and media managing. $249??? i think they missed the oportunity....Damn i guess ill keep my 2000CF plus a 16GB ms

So basically an $80 markup (the OG PSP is $170) for a smaller screen, removing the UMD drive, and 16GB of memory?

No touch screen, no camera, no second analog, no hardware upgrade?

Sent to die.

Nizz

Damn. I would have bit on a $199.99 PSP Go! I guess I'll wait for a price drop, or just pick up a PSP 3000. Disappointing...

mrkgoo

In some ways I can see why. It's a 16gb mediaplayer. A lot of people, however, will compare it with the original psp or the ds as a portable gaming system and it won't fare favourably.

And you can't argue r&d coats for this one, because what have they innovated or added to the brand that would have taken a lot of research?

Tobor

SOLD. Day 1.

Not exactly a shocker, the consensus among those of us with common sense was $249.

You wanted to know how they would keep retail interested in a DD only device? Well, there's your answer.

Rolf NB

Sho_Nuff82 said:
So basically an $80 markup (the OG PSP is $170) for a smaller screen, removing the UMD drive, and 16GB of memory?

No touch screen, no camera, no second analog, no hardware upgrade?

Sent to die.
Wat.

Isn't it only smaller (when closed anyway) because of how the buttons have been moved around?

Tobor said:
SOLD. Day 1.

Not exactly a shocker, the consensus among those of us with common sense was $249.

You wanted to know how they would keep retail interested in a DD only device? Well, there's your answer.

Margins on HW? NO WAI, everyone knows you're supposed to take a loss.

16GB iPod Touch is $299. A 16GB PSP with same media capability and far greater game quality and selection for $249...not bad.

However, the price still sucks. I was hoping for $199.

I wonder when we'll hear about the battery life?

suffah

Does maths and stuff
bcn-ron said:
Wat.

Isn't it only smaller (when closed anyway) because of how the buttons have been moved around?

No, the screen is smaller. They are selling this as a PMP but they reduce the screen size.

Top Bottom