• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Go? 249.99!!!!

SuperPac

Rock Band Unplugged Lite is a nice idea I guess but it's still basically a demo. I'd rather have them give me $10 PSN store credit a la what Nintendo did with DSi and let me use that to buy whatever on the PSN store -- like 1-2 PSP Minis or whatever. Or just give us the same deal Europe has and offer GT to early adopters.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
chubigans said:
It's kind of ridiculous...on one hand you have Sony's relaunch of the PS3, with a new price cut, rebranding, new system, tons of marketing, and the potential to really knock the sales out of the park this holiday season. It's the best relaunch of a system I've ever seen.

And then you have PSPGO, which has a price increase, little to no marketing (I know it's still early, but still, why was it announced so early to begin with? And not available for so long after that?), feature reductions with little new additions that PSP users badly wanted, and coming alongside the PSP-3000, which will continue to sell just fine and probably do much, much better this season.

Boggles the mind.

it doesn't have a price increase, its a new model. the existing one is still there.

BTW, are there any hands-on videos (or pics) showing a comparison with the current PSP? I want to get a better feel for the difference in size. If I buy a PSP I'm tempted by the go if its more portable (I have a couple of UMDs from my PSP 1000 days but not too bothered if they become coasters).

But unless its *significantly* more portable than the PSP3000, I'd just go for that (or an earlier, used, moddable one)

Raistlin

MercuryLS said:
I want one but not at $250. This is a DD-only system, price it cheap and make it back on the downloads goddamnit. I blame retailers, they probably forced Sony's hand on pricing.

Even if stores did influence the final price ... this thing was always going to cost more than a PSP phat.

mrklaw said:
it doesn't have a price increase, its a new model. the existing one is still there.

BTW, are there any hands-on videos (or pics) showing a comparison with the current PSP? I want to get a better feel for the difference in size. If I buy a PSP I'm tempted by the go if its more portable (I have a couple of UMDs from my PSP 1000 days but not too bothered if they become coasters).

But unless its *significantly* more portable than the PSP3000, I'd just go for that (or an earlier, used, moddable one)

Eurogamer did a great hands-on and provided exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/egtv-show-psp-go-special

TuxBobble

yankee666 said:
I was just thinking, since the game GT psp isnt coming in the form of a Voucher, and the only thnig that you need to do to download the game is to register the PSPgo on the european PSN, what if i register an american PSPgo on the eu PSN?, can i still get the game? (i said this cause i can register my psp-100 with all psn around the globe)

The problem with that is that you'll be registering a serial number. Those numbers actually do have a meaning, even if it's not apparent from just looking at it.

The serial numbers will be able to identify what region of PSP GO it is, even if you wanted to register it to Europe's PSN site. So it's very likely that when you try to register, it may or may not work, but even if it does, you wouldn't be getting any GTPSP for registering...

Top Bottom